Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, I would say it is very wrong for the mods to move this thread no matter that the debate has drifted. If there are any offensive posts then simply do as they do on Bluemoon and temporarily lock the thread until it is cleaned up.

Hopefully this Lampard situation won't drive a wedge between the fans of both clubs forever.

Thanks for the input.

The thing is, this forum isn't Bluemoon. Bluemoon is a 10-year old forum with 50,000 members, and pushing 1,000 at any one time during most of the peak hours. We are a forum in our first year, with barely 1,000 members and an average online user count of approximately 25, and we don't even have any matches to talk about to distract you guys right now. On Bluemoon, if a huge argument breaks out, half the people online won't ever even know it happened, and most of those who do argue frequently know who they are arguing with IRL from when they attend games, so they know that their argument isn't going to cause any lasting repercussions. We have none of these safety mechanisms.

Right now, the mod team consider it a danger that any arguments over CFG could cause a lasting divide in the fanbase which directly negatively affects the team, or at least could ruin this forum's reputation and put it into a nosedive by driving away all of our potential new members. That means we have to try to keep a bit of a lid on things when many places would just let the argument play out.

Sometimes we'll get it right, sometimes we'll get it wrong - you have to remember that we're still getting used to how to handle the userbase and manage these issues too. I've already admitted that I got my tone completely wrong when I stepped in here earlier, but it was agreed by all of the admins that this was our course of action and so this is what we put in place. I hope that at least some of you noticed that we have actually agreed to relax moderation of this thread - as long as it doesn't turn into a trainwreck of baiting and flaming we are willing to let you guys hammer at this topic in a way we tried to restrict before.

I'd like to think that in two or three years' time this will be a flourishing community and we'll be able to be a little freer with how we let you guys interact with each other, but for now this is what we feel is best for the long term health of the forum.

Reactions: einwindir
I don't get the expectation from MCFC fans that we should all support your team because the owners are the same. This forum is an NYCFC forum, if you want a CFG forum make one. Many here don't care about MCFC, and the wave of MC fans that come here and put their feet up on the coffee table is off-putting.

So as a Roma fan you have the right to put your feet up, but as Man City Fans, who have a vested interest in how this club develops, have no right to be here ? is that your logic ?

We are not saying that fans of other EPL, European, South American even Indian club that are locals in NYCFC should not have a local team in New York to support.

So why do you say that Man City Fans are not welcome to follow New York City ?

Of course our interest is bourne from Man City, but on what grounds should we be excluded.

It is natural we will defend Man City or CFG when they are attacked on the forum, but I do not believe any of us have pulled down NYCFC in our posts. In fact most of us argue for NYCFC against MCFC in the Lampard debate (to varying degrees)

Fan of other clubs who want a local team to support have every right to do that, but being part of CFG, and modelled on MCFC is an intrinsic part of what they signed up to. It was never hidden.

However you justify supporting your local team though, you cannot do it at the expense of your owners nor related teams and its fans !

Reactions: Christian
So as a Roma fan you have the right to put your feet up, but as Man City Fans, who have a vested interest in how this club develops, have no right to be here ? is that your logic ?

We are not saying that fans of other EPL, European, South American even Indian club that are locals in NYCFC should not have a local team in New York to support.

So why do you say that Man City Fans are not welcome to follow New York City ?

Of course our interest is bourne from Man City, but on what grounds should we be excluded.

It is natural we will defend Man City or CFG when they are attacked on the forum, but I do not believe any of us have pulled down NYCFC in our posts. In fact most of us argue for NYCFC against MCFC in the Lampard debate (to varying degrees)

Fan of other clubs who want a local team to support have every right to do that, but being part of CFG, and modelled on MCFC is an intrinsic part of what they signed up to. It was never hidden.

However you justify supporting your local team though, you cannot do it at the expense of your owners nor related teams and its fans !
I know you are purposely misreading my words, and I'm not going to bite. You know what the issue is because you've been better lately. And I'm a Barça fan, not Roma

I know you are purposely misreading my words, and I'm not going to bite. You know what the issue is because you've been better lately. And I'm a Barça fan, not Roma

I am not baiting you to bite, I actually want to get along with you !!
Let me clarify - "Better lately"

1. MLS is new to me, I might have misunderstood the way the league works initially but am starting to understand
a) I do not like the model, I think it is exclusive, but I am not going to change that
b) I am starting to understand why it has to be that way (but personally do not think in the long term the model is sustainable

2. Players - The concept of the league owning the players is also new to me.... Clubs own players .... I will reserve judgement, but buying into a business for multiple millions where you are not in control of your assets or staff is beyond my comprehension.... but I will reserve judgement

3. When I first joined (shortly before you) the anti MCFC sentiments were rife, and I make no appology for defending there corner or that of CFG, a line I have maintained throughout. However it is dressed up, and however fans justify support the link is undeniable. It can be ignored but not denied.

a) to this end, I will debate (not argue) with anyone who feels that because you are NYCFC, you should have your own identity (Colours).... CFG clubs should all be instantly recognisable as CFG (IMO)... To this end I believe that the MCFC identity will also morph slightly to accomodate other fans.

4. American and British fan culture is hugely different.... We want our team to win, and to hell with the rest, in some ways you guys are much more fair minded.

I have grown to accept there may be more than one way to run a successful league, and wait for the league to start to see what its merits are.

So I have not changed, I just might understand you guys a little more.

as for Barca fan, it should be interesting when we play.

So now you know where I come from.

The fact I am a MCFC fan does not lessen my interest in NYCFC in the same way a guy in America can support Barca.

It is just how I came to be interested in this team (I used to be interested in Cosmos 30 years ago because of Tuart) is because of MCFC. A different route to you as a local to New York, but not a wrong route.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT

Couldn't have been said better.

1: aguero will be back before Barca
2: City's form at the moment isn't anything to sniff at
Has there been news of when aguero will be back? I've been looking and haven't heard or seen anything. And yes I definitely agree with you that Man City have been playing absolutely amazing and I have been cheering them on all the way. But let's be serious here for one second and put our "Fandom" for Man City and look at it objectively. Barcalona is a whole 'nother level than what ManCity is this year. Of course there is an outside shot that we can take down Barca it's just not very likley. My point was just that Lampard is not gonna be the difference maker in that situation. He is very good, but that is a very large gap in the talent level between the two teams and he isnt gonna be the factor to change that. I would love to see ManCity win though don't get me wrong

Wow, it just keeps getting worse.

Now they're saying he was never actually a NYCFC player?

Ok. I hope Barca humiliates them.

Has there been news of when aguero will be back? I've been looking and haven't heard or seen anything. And yes I definitely agree with you that Man City have been playing absolutely amazing and I have been cheering them on all the way. But let's be serious here for one second and put our "Fandom" for Man City and look at it objectively. Barcalona is a whole 'nother level than what ManCity is this year. Of course there is an outside shot that we can take down Barca it's just not very likley. My point was just that Lampard is not gonna be the difference maker in that situation. He is very good, but that is a very large gap in the talent level between the two teams and he isnt gonna be the factor to change that. I would love to see ManCity win though don't get me wrong
Aguero back 4-6 weeks. And Barca isn't the same Barca of recent years

Random thought. If Ted's groupies/Hofstra roaches spent as much effort actually supporting their club as they followed MLS news, maybe they'd draw more than a Coolio club appearance.

Reactions: Gene
a) to this end, I will debate (not argue) with anyone who feels that because you are NYCFC, you should have your own identity (Colours).... CFG clubs should all be instantly recognisable as CFG (IMO)... To this end I believe that the MCFC identity will also morph slightly to accomodate other fans.

Solid post overall Mr. E, but WRT the bit I quoted, I keep coming back to Soriano's initial famous promise: "This is not a ... brand play or a marketing trick."

This entire enterprise is a brand play.
Now that the brand extension is complete, everyone including David Villa says what did you expect? OF COURSE it's a brand play. I don't accept being lied to that easily. And then people tell me I'm not loyal, or a real fan.

Tired of it. Tired of the drama that is all Pellegrini's fault, and indirectly CFG's fault for not shutting him up. Tired of reading that the moderators have to almost ban certain topics because fools complain that someone was mean on the internet. Tired of the lie, and being told I was a fool to have believed it. Tired of those like Villa who make excuses for the lie. Tired of this team, and it hasn't even started yet. Lies do that.*

I hope the season goes makes this all go away. I'm going to try to stay away from here for a while, start going to games in March, and see if I can recapture some of what I thought this team would deliver. Probably won't be able to stay away, but going to try.

* Not your lie Mr E. And apologies for using your rather innocuous and even-handed post as a jumping off point for this.

... We're not banning topics. You guys are sensationalizing this just like the media is the Lampard story. There's no story there. This is exactly why we moved this topic to Debate Desk. Half the responses have nothing to do with the topic and quite frankly we have jobs and can't babysit all day. There's just 3 of us to 900+ members.
It's like everyone's pissed this topic isn't under News and Rumors because more people visit that section so you can't be heard by as many people now? I mean is that why you guys are mad? That your opinion won't be seen by as many visitors as you'd like? If that's not the case then why the hell are you mad?
If this topic would stay on track and actually focus on Lampard and not 20 other things it wouldn't have been moved. But right now it's a CFG/FEEDER/TROLL/MCFCvNYCFC with a slight sprinkle of Lampard thread and doesn't belong under News and Rumors.

I despise censorship but don't feel this is a case of it at all. Falastur is talking a ton of sense with the explanation about growth, negativity, etc. There's many forums that keep single thread topics anyway. How much more can be said about Lampard at the moment anyway its been exhausted on forums and on the brief chatbox openings. Its not like the vast majority are ignoring a topic that needs to be addressed.

Speaking of "Hofstra roaches" just responded to "NYCSportsPunk" on twitter trying to spin it as total censorship on Lampard discussion. Probably wasting time with that response but oh well...

Dude spends more time on various websites crying about us making his club irrelevant than he does watching his kids.

Wow, it just keeps getting worse.

Now they're saying he was never actually a NYCFC player?

Ok. I hope Barca humiliates them.

Wow, there are so many contradictions in that story it is untrue. and unfortunately I find the Independent one of the better newspapers.

Pelligrini''s quotes have not changed , the press have made them even more sensationalist.
NYCFC own website says Frank is on contract from 1st august doesn't it, is that not a far more reliable source.

But how will Barca humiliate the Independent

If CFG signs Sneijder for NYCFC in January and he doesn't get loaned to Manchester :rolleyes:, you guys can have Frank until he can't go anymore.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
... We're not banning topics. You guys are sensationalizing this just like the media is the Lampard story. There's no story there. This is exactly why we moved this topic to Debate Desk. Half the responses have nothing to do with the topic and quite frankly we have jobs and can't babysit all day. There's just 3 of us to 900+ members.
It's like everyone's pissed this topic isn't under News and Rumors because more people visit that section so you can't be heard by as many people now? I mean is that why you guys are mad? That your opinion won't be seen by as many visitors as you'd like? If that's not the case then why the hell are you mad?
If this topic would stay on track and actually focus on Lampard and not 20 other things it wouldn't have been moved. But right now it's a CFG/FEEDER/TROLL/MCFCvNYCFC with a slight sprinkle of Lampard thread and doesn't belong under News and Rumors.

Dan
1. What I highlighted is well said

2. Why some of us are mad
You introduced a membership status which is based on post count & likes, some people actually embraced this as a "reward" for using and participating in this forum.
For some reason you saw fit to exclude the points from the debate desk (warzone) because the debates in that / this area got to heated sometimes for your liking (I think the area is for non football debate anyway)
So then you move the most active topic here because the debate is lively.

Now I might seem to spend a lot of time here and do contribute a lot. That is because my main hobby involves a fair amount of time spent on the net researching and playing with other people. As a result I have some downtime which I use to keep my eye in here and other places. However I have to admit, the loss in concentration caused by some of these debates has lost me a few games as well.

Hope that puts some light on the matter for you .

Extending Lampard's deal with MCFC could very well prove insignificant. We will be in Manchester from 2/6 - 2/16, and the AFCON final is 2/8. So, if Lampard extends his deal through 2/7, a home match for City against Hull, he would miss 8 days of fitness training with us in Florida. He wouldn't need conditioning if he's training in Manchester all of January. Sure, missing the extracurricular team-building stuff isn't ideal, but a week's worth of missed dinners in Jacksonville is hardly disastrous. That would still allow him to spend a month with NYCFC before the season starts, and it would allow MCFC to cover Yaya's absence to the AFCON. Win-win for both.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10 and MrE
That's not the issue most of us have. Our issue is with the "may want to extend his loan until the end of EPL season" rumors, Frank being ambiguous, Pellegrini running his trap and our coach and DFO speaking as if they had as much say in this situation as some random homeless guy in Hell's Kitchen.

Reactions: DiRoma and Gene
Status
Not open for further replies.