Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who WOULD take Iheanacho over Lampard? The kids a stud and we could even convince them to keep Lampard out of that ends up being the case. Would love to have him here.

Purely in terms of who I think would be more exciting to watch, I'd take Nacho.
In terms of principle I'd say fuck off and give us back the player we signed.

Am I the only one who WOULD take Iheanacho over Lampard? The kids a stud and we could even convince them to keep Lampard out of that ends up being the case. Would love to have him here.
For football reasons, you may be able to make that argument (but it'd be tough, IMO).

For marketing and club image purposes, I don't know that you can make an argument that he's an upgrade.

If it was possible to keep Iheanacho for several years on a more permanent deal, I might agree with you. But as soon as he's ready to play in Manchester, he'd be gone, and we're playing this shell game again.

the fact that they want to keep lampard and not call up this adds to my frustration.

Reactions: Kjbert
Anyone else see John Guidetti is gone on a permanent deal to Celtic for $3 Million?

Reactions: Goodfella
I kinda thought he might be one of our loanees.
Idk I think the whole story might be another one to gets hits and sell papers but we'll see. Reyna was just there so it could have some truth to it if they came to an agreement and this leaked out. Either way I think his future is decided and we just have to wait now.

Iheanacho wouldn't be a bad get though for Lampard how about we extend his loan?

i think id have zero issues (other then public perception) swapping lampard with Iheanacho if we can lock in a playmaking midfielder (Mix or Sneidjer) as the 3rd DP

Voetball International (Dutch news source) are reporting that MCFC are close to signing Wesley Sneijder as Lampard's replacement. Maybe his loan will go ahead as planned.

Reactions: Kjbert and DiRoma
im thinking opposite - keep wesley and send lampard.... hes not exactly pledging his allegiance to the club or fan base at this point

his contract probably does not allow him to.....
Can I ask, what will be your reaction if Frank does turn up on schedule
What would your reaction be if he turned up on 1st Feb
What About 1st of March ?

Personally I think 1st Feb is reasonable but I am not from New York

I would love Wesley, but I am going to wait until it comes true.. Because just recently it was being reporting Manchester United would be after him and that is some tough competition.

but United are crap ;)

and more importantly not from Manchester

Just to be clear, they aren't suggesting Sneijder will come to New York, just that he may replace Lampard. That would suggest Lampard is going to be back here in Jan/Feb.

but United are crap ;)

and more importantly not from Manchester
Yea it was my mistake, I misread it and thought it said NYCFC were going to sign Sneijder, and was a little shocked by that. I can easily see Man City getting him over United.

Reactions: MrE
Just to be clear, they aren't suggesting Sneijder will come to New York, just that he may replace Lampard. That would suggest Lampard is going to be back here in Jan/Feb.

ah i see - well wont turn my back on lampard even if loan is extended but would be very disappointed if he didnt do the right thing and join up with club after than jan 31 game vs chelsea... i think a jan extension is fair for everyone

Reactions: MrE
Status
Not open for further replies.