Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
his contract probably does not allow him to.....
Can I ask, what will be your reaction if Frank does turn up on schedule
What would your reaction be if he turned up on 1st Feb
What About 1st of March ?

Personally I think 1st Feb is reasonable but I am not from New York
Id have no problem with Feb 1st. From what I understand, The late Jan practices are gong to be fitness related, so no problem there.

Reactions: Paul and MrE
Yea it was my mistake, I misread it and thought it said NYCFC were going to sign Sneijder, and was a little shocked by that. I can easily see Man City getting him over United.

Actually on this occasion I didn't mean that, I was digging at United, any CFG destination over them is good enough for me !!!

Edit ))))))))))))) Appologies I should not dig at the Scum on a NYCFC forum, I am sorry (Honest)

Personally, I would say as long as he's in NYC for match day one, and is playing, then everything is rosy.

Having said that, I am (first and foremost) an MCFC fan, and I would like Lampard to stay for as long as possible (Although he definitely should be in New York at the beginning of the MLS season). He's just so good.

Personally, I would say as long as he's in NYC for match day one, and is playing, then everything is rosy.

Having said that, I am (first and foremost) an MCFC fan, and I would like Lampard to stay for as long as possible (Although he definitely should be in New York at the beginning of the MLS season). He's just so good.

I don't think its any secret that I am also an MCFC fan, but I think Lamps should be afforded Feb to acclimatise / get used to NY / bond with team mates etc.... otherwise it makes it a long season for him, and I wouldnt want City to be blamed if he becomes fatigued at the end of the MLS season.

I understand your comments tho

Reactions: kun
And im still saying Ill take 3-4 years of Sneijder over 1 yr at best of FL. Frank can continue and cement himself as a Manchester City legend like he wants and we get a player that can give us multiple years.

I agree and understand your reasons, whilst not saying the MLS is a retirement league, I think any City ffans calling for Lamps to stay are short sighted.

It is hard because he is playing well but he belongs in NY if he has pledged that time to the club, and some of you have based support upon his coming

Voetball International (Dutch news source) are reporting that MCFC are close to signing Wesley Sneijder as Lampard's replacement. Maybe his loan will go ahead as planned.

There isn't a chance we will sign Sneijder in January.

He has already played in the CL and is cup tied for that competition. Even if he wasn't we don't have room for another non English player, which is the reason we let Negredo go to Valencia.

Now it wouldn't surprise me to see him go to NYCFC if he fancies the challenge.

Iheanacho wouldn't be a bad get though for Lampard how about we extend his loan?

I could see Kelechi moving to NYCFC if we don't get the work permit this week for him to play in the UK. However, I don't believe it would be because City wanted Lampard to stay. The two in my opinion are unconnected.

Reactions: Kjbert
There isn't a chance we will sign Sneijder in January.

He has already played in the CL and is cup tied for that competition. Even if he wasn't we don't have room for another non English player, which is the reason we let Negredo go to Valencia.

Now it wouldn't surprise me to see him go to NYCFC if he fancies the challenge.
He is out of the Champions League with Gala anyway, so why wouldn't he join City even if he can only play League and FA Cup games?

Reactions: Kjbert and DiRoma
He is out of the Champions League with Gala anyway, so why wouldn't he join City even if he can only play League and FA Cup games?

There are a few reasons but mainly to do with FFP restrictions on European squad, I love him as a player but we will need home grown

There are a few reasons but mainly to do with FFP restrictions on European squad, I love him as a player but we will need home grown
Who could City possibly get who's any good and homegrown, without holding on to Lampard?
Sneijder can't play Champions League football anywhere this season, so it won't be a problem for him.

Defeatist
Haha

Who could City possibly get who's any good and homegrown, without holding on to Lampard?
Sneijder can't play Champions League football anywhere this season, so it won't be a problem for him.

Gareth Barry ?

Seriously I would be looking at someone like .... just checked the England squad...... I dont know .... Lampard is the best option but wrong

Shows how far England footballers have fallen since I was a lad !!!!!

you should keep in mind that the is a NYCFC board we and not concern with the needs of man city. We want our player and don't assume we are going to agree with you.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
When there is actual news, can we please be sure to create a new thread? I just spent 20 minutes catching up on this thread to learn nothing and would like to not do that anymore.

Best to start at the bottom and work up next time

Status
Not open for further replies.