Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. I've been told time and again that Frank isn't a CAM. Now Sneijder, a CAM, is his "replacement"

Does anyone know if Kreis and Reyna are back and if meetings have already taken place?

I have a feeling he will probably stay in Manchester until the rest of NYCFC comes over in February and depending on their depth at that time will either come back over to New York with the rest of the team or stay and play in the Round of 16 and PL and then sent back over when it's time for the MLS season to begin in March.

Does anyone know if Kreis and Reyna are back and if meetings have already taken place?

I have a feeling he will probably stay in Manchester until the rest of NYCFC comes over in February and depending on their depth at that time will either come back over to New York with the rest of the team or stay and play in the Round of 16 and PL and then sent back over when it's time for the MLS season to begin in March.
and i would be ok with that

Reyna only went over about 2-3 days ago. I wouldn't be surprised if talks hadn't even started yet.
They're not ending a war, they're in the same organization, how long should it take to talk? Lol

Let's face it, MCFC wants to drag their feet as long as possible on the issue, its in their best interest to.

Reactions: Kjbert
What if he gets injured like a knock or something small that will keep him away for like a couple of weeks would man city say oh hey here you go we don't want him no more.

They're not ending a war, they're in the same organization, how long should it take to talk? Lol

Let's face it, MCFC wants to drag their feet as long as possible on the issue, its in their best interest to.

You'd be surprised how long this stuff takes. They'll delay the talks for a few days while Reyna gets over the jet lag and settles back in. His first couple of days will be meeting up with all of his old contacts, watching a few training sessions, having a couple of glasses of merlot with Soriano as they catch up on the last few months of progress. He'll be expected to attend a few CFG strategy meetings and to make a presentation about the impacts of the Expansion Draft and how it changes NYCFC's transfer strategy. They'll finally sit down to discuss Lampard but they'll review every possible date they could extend to, and what the pros and cons are for each club. Then they'll ask the performance analysis department to run simulations for both teams to see the likely impact of Lampard's involvement for both teams. While those simulations are being run, he'll be given a fat dossier full of potential NYCFC signings and will be asked to review each one before giving a "yes", " no" or "maybe" for each player. Meanwhile, he'll be expected to be watching the u-21s in training to decide whether he wants to loan any of them. Then finally they'll sit down with the projections and decide a date they want to pick for the end of his loan. When they've picked a date, they'll approach his agent, who will give his demands for such an offer. They'll then have to go back and discuss the offer and come up with their own counter-offer. This will go back and forth until finally everyone is in agreement.

This is how big business works. If it was a two-minute "we want him til March" "OK, done" then they'd be doing it over Skype, not face to face.

I have tried to be respectful but I have a problem with a team taking another teams player, even more so when it is a marquee for him to come of the bench for a team in a league and team I don't care about.

An agreement was made between NYCFC and MCFC for the loan of lampard,deal with it.
If they agree to extend the loan,then deal with it again....these things happen in football,NYCFC like MCFC is part of a group,one of which WILL work together to benefit all parties.I have no doubt in my mind that we will at some point loan yourselves some of our players.Will you moan at that?...CFG will make the decisions regarding all the clubs in the group,not the likes of you or any other fans,give it a couple of years and and you will see that the boys in charge know exactly what they are doing and doing it to benefit all the clubs involved.

On another note.......I seriously hope we try and get david villa on loan as well,just to piss you off.

Reactions: Bluemoon
An agreement was made between NYCFC and MCFC for the loan of lampard,deal with it.
If they agree to extend the loan,then deal with it again
....these things happen in football,NYCFC like MCFC is part of a group,one of which WILL work together to benefit all parties.I have no doubt in my mind that we will at some point loan yourselves some of our players.Will you moan at that?...CFG will make the decisions regarding all the clubs in the group,not the likes of you or any other fans,give it a couple of years and and you will see that the boys in charge know exactly what they are doing and doing it to benefit all the clubs involved.

On another note.......I seriously hope we try and get david villa on loan as well,just to piss you off.
This has got to be one of the most ignorant posts i've read on these whole forums. We are talking about a NEW franchise with one of our designated players, ya know the highest player in league history. Loaning him out past his deadline is detrimental to NYCFC's image, status in the league and overall a big old slap in the face to the fans who were promised a team of their own.

I am thankful for everything CFG has done so far (establishing a team in MLS and in my beloved city) but I could give 2 shits about MCFC, as it seems you don't give a shit about NYCFC with that last sentence. Not having Lampard here for the start of the season would be a huge blemish on the face of a new franchise.

Yo
This has got to be one of the most ignorant posts i've read on these whole forums. We are talking about a NEW franchise with one of our designated players, ya know the highest player in league history. Loaning him out past his deadline is detrimental to NYCFC's image, status in the league and overall a big old slap in the face to the fans who were promised a team of their own.

I am thankful for everything CFG has done so far (establishing a team in MLS and in my beloved city) but I could give 2 shits about MCFC, as it seems you don't give a shit about NYCFC with that last sentence. Not having Lampard here for the start of the season would be a huge blemish on the face of a new franchise.
u took it the wrong way mate,I wasn't in no way having a go at the fans on here.....it was aimed at him only.

The

above post was directed at that poster himself,not at NYCFC fans in general.
My mistake. We're kind of on edge.
Like I posted earlier this situation has us pitted against each other because it seems like from our side Frank could most likely end up staying in England until the end of the EPL season while most of you guys I assume think he's gone by Feb/March. Again I blame that on CFG for letting things get to this point, MP for running his mouth and Reyna for appearing like an extra

My mistake. We're kind of on edge.
Like I posted earlier this situation has us pitted against each other because it seems like from our side Frank could most likely end up staying in England until the end of the EPL season while most of you guys I assume think he's gone by Feb/March. Again I blame that on CFG for letting things get to this point, MP for running his mouth and Reyna for appearing like an extra

I agree with you,it's not been handled very well at all.My personal opinion is that he'll be there for the start of your season..I'll also agree that my original post may have come across as arrogant but wasn't intentional,I'm man enough to apologise if it pissed a few off.
What annoys me personally is,Lampard is staying match fit whilst he's with us,and he's doing a good job at the moment.I can understand you lot being pissed with the situation,but,should he be there for the start of the season and firing on all cylinders,what's the problem?

Reactions: MrE
I agree with you,it's not been handled very well at all.My personal opinion is that he'll be there for the start of your season..I'll also agree that my original post may have come across as arrogant but wasn't intentional,I'm man enough to apologise if it pissed a few off.
What annoys me personally is,Lampard is staying match fit whilst he's with us,and he's doing a good job at the moment.I can understand you lot being pissed with the situation,but,should he be there for the start of the season and firing on all cylinders,what's the problem?
We don't mind that. Ideally we'd like him spending the pre season getting to know his teammates so that he doesn't have to 2 days before our very first game. But every rumor, along with every MP post game interview makes it seem that Lampard wants to stay till the end of the EPL season which is months into our very 1st EVER season. Meaning our 37 yr old marquee player would have played the World Cup, then the entire EPL season, then be expected to just join into the ongoing season, develop chemistry with NYC teammates, play thru the summer, especially in hot and humid areas in the South until November. At 37 years old. By the time he'd get to us, he'd be exhausted. Add to that that's there's usually a period of adjustment to the league. So one of our marquee player not there from the start would hurt our chances to compete. Expansion teams like us usually struggle their first year which is why we want to start off as strong as possible. We only get 3 marquee players, if one of them isn't here we're not put in a position to succeed.

If they agree to extend the loan,then deal with it again....these things happen in football,NYCFC like MCFC is part of a group,one of which WILL work together to benefit all parties.I have no doubt in my mind that we will at some point loan yourselves some of our players.Will you moan at that?...CFG will make the decisions regarding all the clubs in the group,not the likes of you or any other fans,give it a couple of years and and you will see that the boys in charge know exactly what they are doing and doing it to benefit all the clubs involved.

I somehow doubt that if CFG were to announce that Aguero or Silva were being loaned to NYCFC for the rest of the season then you'd just shrug your shoulders and "deal with it".

I'll grant you that I haven't seen you around so much in the last couple of days so you may not have seen this, and I appreciate that you apologised for your comment. Please be aware, though, that we (the mod team) are getting sick of how often this topic descends into open warfare on the forums. We're willing to allow arguments because this is something where people want to have their say, but deliberately provocative or insulting posts are liable to result in a 24-hour ban. Just be a little careful with the tone of what you post, and bear in mind that telling people to "deal with it" is not a comment most here will react calmly to.

Reactions: DiRoma
Status
Not open for further replies.