Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
1)city isn't loaning no players to nycfc,because you know this for a fact?
2)at no point did I say "I hate New York"
3)I ain't baiting or trolling
4)I've obviously come across wrong and upset a couple of you
Point I was making is,yes I understand your pissed off with the situation,but,has it been confirmed that the loan will be extended?
Will demanding"we want our player back"to city fans on a forum make a difference?
It is what it is,is my point,there is nothing you or I can do about it.
Everyone concerned will of thought everything through regards this deal.
IF and I say IF he ain't there for the start of your season,I'll gladly admit that you were shafted,but until it happens or it's confirmed it's going to happen,chill out.
You seem not to have been here long enough to realize we have sent messages to Both team NYCFC and MCFC and coming here telling us to chill out isn't doing you any favors, especially with the constant reporting on both sides of the ocean. We are letting the teams know that we as fans of NYC aren't going to support that. There is a wedge right now between Manchester fans and New York fans. The Manchester Fans coming here defending there team by telling us to chill out are trolling are inflaming the situation. BTW dude you came at me you apologized to others but you came at me for saying that I don't agree with that like the idea of Man City keeping our player for honestly any added period of time, because our resources are more limited than yours. Yes I reported you cause If I responded the why I want to I get the banned, but you are keeping on this track. We are waiting to see BUT it is up to us to let them know we are watching and we will let MCFC and NYCFC what we think of the news that we are hearing and on a NYC forum yeah you are going to hear a NYC fan say we aren't ok extend the loan of a NYC player to MCFC. I'm not saying people form Manchester are, but New Yorkers aren't sheep, we are loud we will tell what we are thinking and if you don't like, cover your ears. Remember this is a NYCFC forum we are going to tell what we are thinking it won't always be "ok we'll deal with it".

Last edited:
A big part of being a football fan in England is the banter between fans,but holy shit you lot haven't got this part of it yet.Then again it maybe be something you'll never get but only time will tell.

A big part of being a football fan in England is the banter between fans,but holy shit you lot haven't got this part of it yet.Then again it maybe be something you'll never get but only time will tell.
It's not really "banter" at all. There's a difference between good natured banter and a manifestation of an imbalanced power relationship between two clubs. I'd sure as hell hope that Chelsea fans don't go over to Vitesse's boards, prancing around like sugar-craved kids in a candy shop.

Your reading comprehension really sucks.

1. The key part of that phrase is "who is a vital part of the success or failure of the Manchester City project". Manchester City will never loan a guy like Aguero, Silva, or Kompany while he's still critical to Manchester winning a title. Period. If that were ever going to happen, we wouldn't be screaming about Manchester stealing our top player during our first season as a franchise. You all will loan us a couple of U18 kids, and maybe at some point will throw us a bone with an aging guy sitting on your bench. But let's be real - that helps your club just as much as (if not more than) it helps ours. The prime benefits of the CITEH connection for our club are 1) the money and 2) the scouting network. Your loanees are a much smaller factor.

2. You need to understand the art of the comparison. I took your action, and showed how stupid it was by putting it into a different (but unreal) scenario. In no way did I claim to quote you on any of that. It's an argumentative device.

3. You are 100% both baiting AND trolling. Textbook examples of both.

4. Yeah, you have.

I don't think that you can reasonably expect NYC fans to roll over and be totally content with this. And considering this is one of the few outlets that we as fans have to communicate, yeah, discussing it *does* do something. You're telling me that if you all were to sell Kompany to United tomorrow, you wouldn't be screaming about it on your forums? (Unless you don't have any - I see so many CITEH fans on here that I am starting believe that you don't.)

If we don't raise hell about it now, "you didn't seem to care before it was finalized" will 100% be used to justify the transaction. I'm not comfortable with that being the case, so hell is being raised.

Your reading comprehension really sucks.

1. The key part of that phrase is "who is a vital part of the success or failure of the Manchester City project". Manchester City will never loan a guy like Aguero, Silva, or Kompany while he's still critical to Manchester winning a title. Period. If that were ever going to happen, we wouldn't be screaming about Manchester stealing our top player during our first season as a franchise. You all will loan us a couple of U18 kids, and maybe at some point will throw us a bone with an aging guy sitting on your bench. But let's be real - that helps your club just as much as (if not more than) it helps ours. The prime benefits of the CITEH connection for our club are 1) the money and 2) the scouting network. Your loanees are a much smaller factor.

2. You need to understand the art of the comparison. I took your action, and showed how stupid it was by putting it into a different (but unreal) scenario. In no way did I claim to quote you on any of that. It's an argumentative device.

3. You are 100% both baiting AND trolling. Textbook examples of both.

4. Yeah, you have.

I don't think that you can reasonably expect NYC fans to roll over and be totally content with this. And considering this is one of the few outlets that we as fans have to communicate, yeah, discussing it *does* do something. You're telling me that if you all were to sell Kompany to United tomorrow, you wouldn't be screaming about it on your forums? (Unless you don't have any - I see so many CITEH fans on here that I am starting believe that you don't.)

If we don't raise hell about it now, "you didn't seem to care before it was finalized" will 100% be used to justify the transaction. I'm not comfortable with that being the case, so hell is being raised.

Ok...
1) yeah misread it
2)I quoted the person it was aimed at,it wasn't a random post aimed at everyone.
3)your 100% wrong
4) I'll agree.....wasn't intentional,possibly worded wrong,hence my apology.

The villa comment was aimed at him due to comments like"I have a problem with other teams TAKING our players"
Did we send the SAS over to kidnap lampard?......"TAKING OUR PLAYERS"?...do me a favour.
A deal was discussed,agreed and happened,no you ain't happy about it,but it's happened.
Loan moves happen in football,no rules were broken,nothing.As I posted earlier if he ain't there for the start of your season,I'll agree with you it's out of order.
Question.......if you were running your own business and I turned up out of the blue,telling your to run it in a certain way,what would you say to me?

Reports in Turkey that Lampard could be replaced at NYCFC with Sneijder, while Lampard remains at City. How would you feel about that?

Reports in Turkey that Lampard could be replaced at NYCFC with Sneijder, while Lampard remains at City. How would you feel about that?

Sneijder is younger and a better fit, I'd prefer him. I wonder if that rumor envisions him as swapping with Lampard in the summer then, or staying in New York full time.

If the CBA adds a 4th DP, and NYCFC is given Villa, Sneijder, and a third DP in January, plus Lampard joining the team after the EPL season is over, I think that will quiet a lot of the complaints. I'd be laughing all the way through to the MLS Cup.

The villa comment was aimed at him due to comments like"I have a problem with other teams TAKING our players"
Did we send the SAS over to kidnap lampard?......"TAKING OUR PLAYERS"?...do me a favour.
When the exchange benefits one team to the detriment of the team that owns his contract, I would absolutely call that "taking".

You all are right that nothing's finalized yet, but I've seen enough of this to know that this isn't a fight NYCFC is likely to win.

Guys, this is silly. Yes, MANCHESTER MCFC MANCHESTER MCFC's first post was out of line, but he actually realised it was out of line and stepped back from it. Since then, I've seen nothing from him which is worthy of mod involvement. He may have kept defending his argument, but he's not crossed the line with any of what he said afterwards. We said we'd allow you to argue this issue out and we're doing just that. If he steps out of line again then fine, we'll notice and we'll respond. Until then, please just get back to the topic at hand.

As for Bluemoon Bluemoon's post - there needs to be some give and take here. Bluemoon Bluemoon - as you yourself identified, this is not the thread for banter. You should know well enough that banter only works when both sides are willing to play along, and bantering with someone who doesn't enjoy it usually provokes a hostile response. Furthermore, this is an NYCFC forum. If you can't write with a conciliatory tone and at least try to understand NYCFC's point of view and accept it, you're not going to be accepted here by the rest of the posters, no matter whether you claim your comments were innocent or not.

For the rest of you who responded to his message - what he said was really quite minor. He didn't aim it at anyone, he didn't criticise the club or tell anyone to put up or shut up. The only thing objectionable about his post was that it implied a negative tone. I know we try to be quite hot on the "no flaming, no baiting" rules, but there has to be at least some willingness amongst the general populace to ignore mild passive aggression. This isn't kindergarten - we can't just jump in to intervene every time someone looks at someone else funny. If you really don't like it, use the "Ignore" function. That's what it's there for. But it would be far better if people were willing to accept the odd jibe.

Let's get back to debating Lampard now.

If you guys think their comments are fine, don't be surprised by the way some people respond who disagree with you. You'll be left with a nice forum of mcfc fans who can talk about NYC from Manchester.

Again, it is the Man City trolls causing the problems. Ban the ones that can't respect the NYC forum, and you have no problems.

On the other hand, we NYC fans should try not to feed the trolls. They will go away faster if you ignore or report them.
We're not banning Man City fans the same way we're not banning fans of Roma/United/RBNY (there's more than you think here).
Calling for a ban will not make one happen. Chill.

Reactions: Kjbert
If you guys think their comments are fine, don't be surprised by the way some people respond who disagree with you. You'll be left with a nice forum of mcfc fans who can talk about NYC from Manchester.
I'm a man City fan. Why's that so wrong? MCFC introduced a lot of people to this club. I, however, respect the fact this is a NYCFC forum and put my MCFC allegiances to the side.

Reactions: JCizzle
I'm a man City fan. Why's that so wrong? MCFC introduced a lot of people to this club. I, however, respect the fact this is a NYCFC forum and put my MCFC allegiances to the side.
You seem to be rare lately. Meant to add lol

I'm with you man. Very much behind Man City so being a fan of NYCFC became a very easy transition. I'll still be a big fan of Man City. Seems a lot of anger towards Man City. I think we should all be able to root for our EPL (or other league club) AND NYCFC without any issues.

We did move this thread to debate desk for this exact reason. It's not a Lampard discussion it's a MCFC v NYCFC debate. I'm literally praying for some news about anything. Just so we can bicker about a different topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.