Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
May or March? If he showed up in May, it wouldn't be the disaster everyone thinks it would. And anyone who would boo their team is not a fan.

You think it's fine for the marquee player of an expansion team in the biggest city in the world to show up in the third month of the season? Do you even watch sports?

Reactions: Kjbert
May or March? If he showed up in May, it wouldn't be the disaster everyone thinks it would. And anyone who would boo their team is not a fan.
Or they want to protect their vested interest in the team. All I'd have to do is Google and I could probably find hundreds of videos of city fans booing their managers of old.

Selling Frank probably isn't going to happen, but I think people who are saying Frank showing up at the end of May wouldn't be a problem are underestimating things. Aside from the fact that it would be a huge PR mistake, it would be a competitive problem as well, because:
  1. We would have to start playing with a DP on the books, taking up a large part of our salary cap--meaning that we would be unable to replace him and it would limit our ability to build a squad under the cap.
  2. The EPL season ends May 24th. Comparing that to the Red Bulls schedule from this year means that we would have played 13-14 games without Lampard by the time he shows up.
  3. It will take him time to get to know his teammates and Kreis's system, so he won't be able to fully contribute until he settles in--putting us closer to half the season gone without Lampard firing on all cylinders.
  4. As good as he is, even Lampard will burn out eventually. With playing for Chelsea, the World Cup, Manchester, and eventually us, the guy will realistically have gone from the summer of 2013 to fall of 2015. So, even once he settles in over here he might struggle to keep up his form due to sheer exhaustion--meaning we will never get to play with our marquee signing at full force in 2015.
Not giving him at least February to recover and mold with the team, and certainly holding him until May, would be setting Frank and NYCFC up to fail in 2015.

You think it's fine for the marquee player of an expansion team in the biggest city in the world to show up in the third month of the season? Do you even watch sports?
He thinks it's ok as long as it's in the best interest of MCFC. The sole reason he even 'supports' NYCFC. ANd I say supports lightly.

Selling Frank probably isn't going to happen, but I think people who are saying Frank showing up at the end of May wouldn't be a problem are underestimating things. Aside from the fact that it would be a huge PR mistake, it would be a competitive problem as well, because:
  1. We would have to start playing with a DP on the books, taking up a large part of our salary cap--meaning that we would be unable to replace him and it would limit our ability to build a squad under the cap.
  2. The EPL season ends May 24th. Comparing that to the Red Bulls schedule from this year means that we would have played 13-14 games without Lampard by the time he shows up.
  3. It will take him time to get to know his teammates and Kreis's system, so he won't be able to fully contribute until he settles in--putting us closer to half the season gone without Lampard firing on all cylinders.
  4. As good as he is, even Lampard will burn out eventually. With playing for Chelsea, the World Cup, Manchester, and eventually us, the guy will realistically have gone from the summer of 2013 to fall of 2015. So, even once he settles in over here he might struggle to keep up his form due to sheer exhaustion--meaning we will never get to play with our marquee signing at full force in 2015.
Not giving him at least February to recover and mold with the team, and certainly holding him until May, would be setting Frank and NYCFC up to fail in 2015.

This 1000 times.

Wait, he's an MCFC fan first and foremost? Never mind, then. Nothing to discuss.
Yeah and people think WE alienate City fans. Uhm no. We alienate fans of any club who come here and don't have NYCFC's best interests in mind. So yeah if you think we owe you anything, frank or any kind of sympathies, you're dead wrong.
I'm a MCFC supporter from the states. But if I went to Bluemoon and said you guys should urge MCFC to return Lampard to NYCFC in January because of this and that I'd expect every single one of them to tell me to fuck off.
Not because they're right or they think they're right but because as a supporter for YOUR club on a website dedicated to your club you should stand by their decisions and anyone who says otherwise doesn't have your clubs interest in mind regardless of their allegiance.

Or they want to protect their vested interest in the team. All I'd have to do is Google and I could probably find hundreds of videos of city fans booing their managers of old.
Not while they were with the club. Look, I know lots of people think I'm anti-NYCFC. Untrue. And yes, I support MCFC, but I am also supporting NYCFC and truly believe we will be a major force in MLS. I just think there is too much panic going on regarding Lampard. Trust me on this, ownership will do what is right for NYCFC. They might not tell us everything when we want to know, but they won't let us down. I'm all for NYCFC, believe me.

In terms of football, NYC isn't remotely big. And yes, I watch a bit of sports. Been attending sporting events since before you were born

Yeah and people think WE alienate City fans. Uhm no. We alienate fans of any club who come here and don't have NYCFC's best interests in mind. So yeah if you think we owe you anything, frank or any kind of sympathies, you're dead wrong.
I'm a MCFC supporter from the states. But if I went to Bluemoon and said you guys should urge MCFC to return Lampard to NYCFC in January because of this and that I'd expect every single one of them to tell me to fuck off.
Not because they're right or they think they're right but because as a supporter for YOUR club on a website dedicated to your club you should stand by their decisions and anyone who says otherwise doesn't have your clubs interest in mind regardless of their allegiance.
You're wrong. Have a look at Moomba's post in the Lampard thread on bluemoon.

He thinks it's ok as long as it's in the best interest of MCFC. The sole reason he even 'supports' NYCFC. ANd I say supports lightly.
Don't attempt to tell people why I support the club. It's my local club. Bit closer than Tampa for damn sure

Reactions: AndreT_NY

I'll back you up on that one dan,plenty boos have been heard over the years...
Someone posted,he wouldn't be accepted and it would show him for what he is?
Do you not think lampard has thought about this?......I do.
Does anyone think he would be stupid enough to put himself through all that shit?.....I don't.
Only my opinion of course.

If you're seriously ok with him not being here in May and not remotely pissed then you have no interest in the team.
I'd boo. Not him but the team. Every time he touched the ball.
One doesn't equate to the other. Doesn't mean one doesn't have any interest in the team if he arrives after the season starts.

Actually on a point of order, if you are counting the metropolitan area then Manchester is bigger at 493 square miles to New Yorks 468.9
New York does have one or two more in terms of population though ;)

It would be nice since he was the 2nd ever signing to be here. All this is speculation. Either way, doesn't make him a 'bad guy' by extending the loan. If it is even extended.

Don't attempt to tell people why I support the club. It's my local club. Bit closer than Tampa for damn sure
Local maybe but a lot closer to my heart at this point in time than yours. That's obvious and all that matters. ie why you look at MCFC's interest ahead of NYCFC's despite distance.

I know I'm not wrong and 1 post won't change that. When every MCFC fan on here wants Lampard to stay and doesn't think NYCFC 'needs' him until March it says a lot.

Whoooo there Dan, I want Lampard to uphold the deal, at least from 1st Feb, I think it is of paramount importance NYCFC starts off on the right foot.

After three or four years of playing, dependant on circumstances at the time my view may be different, but I am behind you on this due to the importance he was marketed to you guys as.

I guess normally though this situation wouldn't arise as you will have your squads and DP's will be instantly transferred in / out without you having been promised them months in advance

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
It would be nice since he was the 2nd ever signing to be here. All this is speculation. Either way, doesn't make him a 'bad guy' by extending the loan. If it is even extended.
I wouldn't see him as the 'bad guy' necessarily as it would be NYCFC/MCFC making that decision but at the end of the day he'd sign the paper and if the paper says through March then I can see why people would view him as not caring about the team. If an inaugural season opener means less to him than MCFC's 'loan' it says a lot. Again just ifs and buts

Reactions: Drainyoo
I wouldn't see him as the 'bad guy' necessarily as it would be NYCFC/MCFC making that decision but at the end of the day he'd sign the paper and if the paper says through March then I can see why people would view him as not caring about the team. If an inaugural season opener means less to him than MCFC's 'loan' it says a lot. Again just ifs and buts

If I were him, I would either be there on day 1 (whatever pre season time I had with NYCFC if any) or I wouldn't go at all at this stage in my career.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Status
Not open for further replies.