Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice since he was the 2nd ever signing to be here. All this is speculation. Either way, doesn't make him a 'bad guy' by extending the loan. If it is even extended.
Yeah he will be a bad guy here, he will be booed and booed hard.

Reactions: Drainyoo
I know I'm not wrong and 1 post won't change that. When every MCFC fan on here wants Lampard to stay and doesn't think NYCFC 'needs' him until March it says a lot.
I know you are wrong. We can do this back & forth all day.
I still think there's a game of chess being played and he'll leave us by March. Certainly won't be here for the entire season.

City Football Group need to clearly show the teams are independent and treated equally. What better way than for us to try keep Frank, only for him to go to NYCFC because that was the agreement? This would take the eyes off of us and down the line we can benefit from the partnership, but keeping the first player loaned to us will only paint a giant target on City Football Group and its intentions.

As mentioned on the first page, Lampard would be best suited to continue at Man City until the start of the MLS season (or at least given enough time to integrate into their team with the other players) especially as he'd just be training if he went back to NY at the start of January.

I think he'll be there for the start of their season, I certainly hope so. As much as it would be bad PR for him to stay the rest of the season here, it would be great PR for New Yorkers to say "here's a player wanted by one of the best teams in Europe, but your club is that important that we want him to be here instead".

Who knows what will happen, my big criticism at the moment is that we should have made a decision by now and let everyone involved know.

I wouldn't see him as the 'bad guy' necessarily as it would be NYCFC/MCFC making that decision but at the end of the day he'd sign the paper and if the paper says through March then I can see why people would view him as not caring about the team. If an inaugural season opener means less to him than MCFC's 'loan' it says a lot. Again just ifs and buts
an inaugural season opener in an inferior league compared to a chance to win one of the top leagues in the world + champions league?

Heck, I'm both a MC and NYC FC fan and I have a Lampard NYCFC tee shirt with name/number on the back so YES, I want to see him here, especially when I can get to a game. Just think it's a lot of rage and negativitely either way. This club will need our support, with or without certain players. Heck, Portland and Seattle have GREAT fans cheering like crazy. Just trying to lay a positive spin, whever happens to Lamps.

Reactions: grandsolo
an inaugural season opener in an inferior league compared to a chance to win one of the top leagues in the world + champions league?

HE SIGNED WITH NYCFC IN MLS. Every other team/league is irrelevant. He made an agreement, and we all bought into it and spent thousands on season tickets based on the fact that Lampard will be there from day 1.

Heck, I'm both a MC and NYC FC fan and I have a Lampard NYCFC tee shirt with name/number on the back so YES, I want to see him here, especially when I can get to a game. Just think it's a lot of rage and negativitely either way. This club will need our support, with or without certain players. Heck, Portland and Seattle have GREAT fans cheering like crazy. Just trying to lay a positive spin, whever happens to Lamps.
Reason it won't be pure positive spin here is because as New Yorkers nothing can happen with out people know what we think. Like I said before we will be on of the loudest most opinionated Fan bases in MLS, for the simple fact that this is New York.

You just don't get it. Like I said earlier if you truly support NYCFC you'd rather him be here for the opener than win a title with City.
I know I'm right because you're the prime candidate.

HE SIGNED WITH NYCFC IN MLS. Every other team/league is irrelevant. He made an agreement, and we all bought into it and spent thousands on season tickets based on the fact that Lampard will be there from day 1.
if you bought a season ticket because of 1 player then just go support someone else.

Reactions: AndreT_NY
if you bought a season ticket because of 1 player then just go support someone else.
that's not the argument. The argument is NYCFC promised a club that isn't overseen and manipulated by MCFC and if Lampard stays they've failed to deliver on that promise. Hell if he's not here by February they've failed. He NEEDS a month off and proper training with NYCFC. Anything short of that is not looking into his/our best interest.

Reactions: doctorhoosier
You just don't get it. Like I said earlier if you truly support NYCFC you'd rather him be here for the opener than win a title with City.
I know I'm right because you're the prime candidate.
No Dan, you don't get it. But I don't give a shit anymore. Biggest bunch of wining fucking babies on here. Calling for shirt burnings, calls to the club reps all before 1 single ball is kicked. Pathetic show of "support".
Keep burying your heads in the sand thinking NYCFC is the centerpiece and pinnacle of CFG's ambitions. I'll watch the tears & tantrums from afar. I'm done with this forum. Catch you all at the match if anyone wants to talk sense.

No Dan, you don't get it. But I don't give a shit anymore. Biggest bunch of wining fucking babies on here. Calling for shirt burnings, calls to the club reps all before 1 single ball is kicked. Pathetic show of "support".
Keep burying your heads in the sand thinking NYCFC is the centerpiece and pinnacle of CFG's ambitions. I'll watch the tears & tantrums from afar. I'm done with this forum. Catch you all at the match if anyone wants to talk sense.
Good ridance. NO ONE agrees with you so everyone is wrong. Not you. Logic. Cya

Reactions: DiRoma
grandsolo grandsolo

I can see the personal argument based upon winning prem, champions league etc etc...
I can see the MCFC bigger club, better league, compete at the highest level you can argument
& I can see that you are a NYCFC fan trying to demonstrate the two sides of the argument. There is nothing wrong with what you are trying to say.

But ....
I have a large venue (440 people) and cater for many functions, it has often happened to me that I have accepted a booking, then a little later someone else walks through the door offering me a more lucrative booking on the same day.

I have to turn the more lucrative booking away because I have accepted something already. If I start pulling origonal bookings then people lose faith in me and the bookings dry up.

I know at a personal level Lampard can financially afford to accept the more lucrative booking and walk away, but I do not consider that professional and I doubt he would. That is why I am confident he will be there.

However on the other hand, there are times when I have made a "quick turnaround" fitting one in after another to keep everyone happy.... and what is wrong with that, as long as I am ready to fulfil the next commitment.

New York, you may have to brace yourself for a shorter lead time, but Man City will have to brace themselves to fit around the first arranged schedule.

Clown says he's done every other week Yet finds his way back here. Go cry on bluemoon. We're stupid assholes because were young, what's your excuse?

Clown says he's done every other week Yet finds his way back here. Go cry on bluemoon. We're stupid assholes because were young, what's your excuse?

takes sharp intake of breath.... its getting personal .... please read the Harassment and Provocation thread.... its not allowed.... you will get reported :rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::confused::(:(

Reactions: AndreT_NY
I've said what I had to say. Apparently Claudii is back from Manchester. We'll be aware of a decision soon. Pepper your angus.

Status
Not open for further replies.