Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were him, I would either be there on day 1 (whatever pre season time I had with NYCFC if any) or I wouldn't go at all at this stage in my career.
Spot on.

Give me the Dutchman, anyway, if that's how it all works out. Far more miles left in those legs, and frankly (swidt), a bigger signing splash globally than the English Muffin from a football perspective. He's still recognized as having some good years left.

Also, I still need another good attacking midfielder to get my MLS FUT team sorted. He would be excellent there.

Heck, I'm both a MC and NYC FC fan and I have a Lampard NYCFC tee shirt with name/number on the back so YES, I want to see him here, especially when I can get to a game. Just think it's a lot of rage and negativitely either way. This club will need our support, with or without certain players. Heck, Portland and Seattle have GREAT fans cheering like crazy. Just trying to lay a positive spin, whever happens to Lamps.
Did you get that tee shirt when they put them on sale for $8.95 this week?

Does that tell us anything? Maybe?

Last edited:
[ignore this post. really. Just pretend it never happened. It has now been loaned to the better post above in the greater interest of the board. The post wants to be there, and management of the board wants it there. Yes, I know it started here, in this lower post. But it's better for everyone but this post that this post that was now become part of that post.]

Last edited:
Reactions: doctorhoosier
Did you get that tee shirt when they put them on sale for $8.95 this week?
Does that tell us anything? Maybe?

Nope, got that shirt several months ago. They don't have a lot of NYCFC gear here in Jersey so I was happy to find that in Sports Authority!

I can guarantee he'll be playing Orlando in March.

Pellegrini can say what he likes; he wants Lampard to stay and that's fair enough (he's been fantastic), but as he says it's not his decision. Lampard in a NYCFC player and he'll be playing in the MLS once the season starts.

I can see him staying in Manchester for January and (possibly) February to cover Yaya Toure, but I can see why NYCFC fans wouldn't want that either. I mean, he's your player. Why shouldn't he play pre-season in the US?

But any fans who aren't going to support him are, to put it kindly, ignorant. Firstly, Lampard hasn't said anything about staying - he's probably been told to not to respond to rumors anyway. Secondly, he's a consummate professional and will give 100% for this team whenever he joins up with the squad. And finally, he is a top quality footballer and you will soon find it hard not to support him when he's banging in the winner vs the Red Bulls.

I can guarantee he'll be playing Orlando in March.

Pellegrini can say what he likes; he wants Lampard to stay and that's fair enough (he's been fantastic), but as he says it's not his decision. Lampard in a NYCFC player and he'll be playing in the MLS once the season starts.

I can see him staying in Manchester for January and (possibly) February to cover Yaya Toure, but I can see why NYCFC fans wouldn't want that either. I mean, he's your player. Why shouldn't he play pre-season in the US?

But any fans who aren't going to support him are, to put it kindly, ignorant. Firstly, Lampard hasn't said anything about staying - he's probably been told to not to respond to rumors anyway. Secondly, he's a consummate professional and will give 100% for this team whenever he joins up with the squad. And finally, he is a top quality footballer and you will soon find it hard not to support him when he's banging in the winner vs the Red Bulls.

You can guarantee something that MP isn't even 100% on? @NYCFC_Dan better bang out another email to note this milestone!

Eta: does anyone else like it as much as I do when Dan gets all fired up? Love it.

Completely agree with you. There was so much prior rage in the thread in just the anticipation he shows up late and first kickoff is still 3 months away. Also NYCFC fans fighting with each other over where they stand on the issue. I mean NYC may be a city that speaks its mind and pulls no punches, but it IS also a Melting Pot where people of all types of backgrounds come together as one. We are all real fans, no matter where we stand on the Lampard issue, which to date is a non-issue.

Reactions: MrE
They've been taking "shots" since day 1, trying to drum up a non-existent rivalry to make themselves feel important.
Kind of like most of the people on this board constantly do with RBNY?

Status
Not open for further replies.