Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the earliest we get an answer is when our guys head over to Manchester to train. Maybe Lamps sits down with everyone there and hammers all this out. I still believe he's our match day one starting mid regardless of what MCFC does in league or Champions.

Reactions: Kjbert
Really good new article by Nick Chavez:
Does Lampard Want to Stay in Manchester?
Source tells columnist Nick Chavez that Frank Lampard himself is pushing to finish the English Premier League season with Manchester City

If this is true, I don't even know what to say. I am disappointed to say the least.

Forget about all the back and forth - if this is true, it's a disaster for this team. If you have a DP, he needs to play Day One of any season, forget about this being the first season. Too much money is built into the Salary Cap when you use a DP slot.

Really good new article by Nick Chavez:
Does Lampard Want to Stay in Manchester?
Source tells columnist Nick Chavez that Frank Lampard himself is pushing to finish the English Premier League season with Manchester City

If this is true, I don't even know what to say. I am disappointed to say the least.
If it's true I totally feel the same way as you. Chelsea has been my epl team since Drogba moved there and I've come to love FL. But I couldn't give him a pass on this if true. He might as well ask for a permanent transfer. I'll take Sneijder instead.

The only positive I see in this is that Lampard has to "push the issue." If true, this means that CFG was never going to keep him past the start of our MLS season.
I pointed this out myself. If Frank Lampard stays with MCFC then all the blame is placed on him. We now know CFG is making the best decision for us and it is Lampard who is going against it.

Sneijder is the better and more exciting player.

Frank Lampard will eventually play for NYCFC. He is never going to be sold. They would have to refund everyone who bought a jersey. It's just a matter of when.

Reactions: Goodfella
I don't have the same animosity that a lot of people do. I don't think Frank, NYCFC or MCFC could have expect Lampard's loan to be as successful as it has been. I understand Frank wanting to continue playing regular Champions league minutes as well as fight for an EPL title.

That said, he did make a commitment and the club (and its fans) have invested a lot in this working out. Lampard's loan is being a big thing in the "Man City taunts" that the club (and their fans) have invested a lot of time and effort into dispelling. It certainly leaves the club in a bad situation and for that I don't have a problem with him getting booed when he does show up if he doesn't show up on Day 1.

I had been in the camp of not worrying much about it and thinking it was probably Pellegrini just spouting about what he wants, and the decision-makers deliberating before ensuring Frank's return to NYC before the season. However, over the last few days, and as the time has continued to pass without resolution, I started thinking that it really may be a Frank thing. And in response, maybe the higher ups are scrambling to find a big enough band-aid, or replace the Porsche that no longer is available, with a Maserati (here, an older Porsche, with hopefully a newer Maserati.) Nick's article confirms that this is at least a viable possibility, and would explain the continuing time lapse. I'm still hoping that this is not the case and am happy to see how it all unfolds before I get too upset. And ultimately I may be fine with the Maserati if that's where this ends up. Maybe the rich guys will feel so bad about it, they will throw in a motorcycle.

What if they signed Wesley Sneijder, but neither he nor Frank were available until after UEFA was done?

They can pledge all they want, but my understanding is that they actually have to pay for the transfer to avoid a free transfer. I imagine that they Sneijder and his agent are trying to have things lined up for the opening of the window so they can move quick. Doesn't give Gal. a lot of time to get their money in order.

Sneijder zigs when you expect him to zag. I've expected him to play in the Premier League for over four years and he's never arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.