Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there's some cutting edge questions here...how does it feel to come to New York? Hardly likely to say bloody awful are they? Still can't hear any references to Lampard.

I'm waiting for an actual decision to see what I'm going to do. But it's looks really bad on the club. Because if our 2nd ever DP is being taken away before our 1st ever season, what's to say that won't keep on happening. How are we going to convince future DPs from EPL clubs to play here if that pretty much means MC will swoop in and take them?

Reactions: Kjbert
I don't agree with that at all. Lampard has earned the right to do what he wants. This risk comes with signing players who can clearly still compete and succeed in England and Europe. If Lampard stays in England then good for him. We should all be excited to have the caliber of player on our side who can be class on either side of the Atlantic.

Rationally, you may be right. But the optics of Manchester City taking NYCFC's DP from them for the first two months because they want him are awful. And that cuts to the fears and reservations people have about the club's relation with man City which could really prevent people from jumping all in on this project.

The stream of NYC jerseys going on sell and form the stream David is the clear leader of the team. Frank has already lost that, and the fans clearly and I do mean clearly love them some David Villa, right now Villa is being given the Jeter status. Lampard is in danger of being given the A-Rod status.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I understand that to a point but isn't what the player wants more important than any of that? I'm not making an argument one way or the other but let's put it this way: playing in England for the possibility of a title and possibly still playing in Champions League or playing the first few matches in the MLS.

I get the vast majority of supporters here want Lamps in NYC as do I but I have to think the player will want to remain in Europe for as long as his chances to win silver last.

The stream of NYC jerseys going on sell and form the stream David is the clear leader of the team. Frank has already lost that, and the fans clearly and I do mean clearly love them some David Villa, right now Villa is being given the Jeter status. Lampard is in danger of being given the A-Rod status.
Wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
And let's be fair to City even if they do extend Lampard: no one expected this. Lampard wasn't playing this well for Chelsea; City couldn't have expected Lampard to come in and be such a crucial part. I don't doubt that City had every intention of sending him back and for Frank to not be playing Champions league minutes. I don't think anyone expected the loan to work out this well. It's created a tough situation that won't be repeated (as any future DPs won't need to be loaned out for a half season).

But still, it just looks bad. Even if I think that a Michael Bradley being loaned out in a similar situation would have his loan extended as well. Most players want Champ League playing time if they can get it.

There's a jersey signing at a local Modells and the team ran a live stream of the event. You didn't miss a thing.

Indeed and its already over. Can't say the fans had much originality with the choice of questions.

Got no idea why people didn't think Lampard would do well. It was hardly like a Owen Hargreaves level deal and that amounted to virtually nothing.

Nothing wow about it. It is what it is they let this play out and Villa is here he is seen going around Manhattan , he is more well know than Frank cause he was on a team that won a world cup. He is the guy on all the posters and talking about wanting to win in New York and how important that is. The more Frank stays are is talked about staying the more he goes in the A-Rod category.

Hmm, ok. I guess to each their own. I prefer midfielders anyway. Lamps is playing at an outstanding level right now so whatever perceptions people have I'll let his play speak for itself.

Depending on who the remaining players will be, I fully expect Villa to be the captain. If you had asked me a few months back I would have guessed Frank. If he misses any NYCFC games MC might as well buy him so NYCFC can free the DP spot.

Nothing wow about it. It is what it is they let this play out and Villa is here he is seen going around Manhattan , he is more well know than Frank cause he was on a team that won a world cup. He is the guy on all the posters and talking about wanting to win in New York and how important that is. The more Frank stays are is talked about staying the more he goes in the A-Rod category.

It was Villa who probably single handedly saved the event. Its not like those fans won't have seen twitter remarks attributed to Reyna/Kreis in the last hour. Like I said earlier not convinced there will be any major backlash at all and "waiting" to see what happens is just delaying the inevitable. The fact that the club still won't give a straight answer (Nick Chavez used "ambiguous" but its deeper than that) and I recognise these signs in football. Indeed the club outright stated they will need a bigger Modell's store next time (though I can't recall exactly what event that was hinting at)

Never know maybe Lampard will change his mind (and stay at MCFC for the longer run) with a DP replacement of course. Unlikely perhaps but wouldn't ruin it out. Its a touchy issue (especially for those with double allegiances) better get ready Dan. Falastur the whole board might be a warzone over next few weeks.

And to be fair, I stopped over at Modell's and there was a great presence of Barca supporters who I'm sure were happy to see their former player live and in person. Villa is a massive star regardless so he's always going to be a draw.

And to be fair, I stopped over at Modell's and there was a great presence of Barca supporters who I'm sure were happy to see their former player live and in person. Villa is a massive star regardless so he's always going to be a draw.

Well no doubt about that but there was absolutely no heckling at all. People were just pleased to see Villa (as anyone should be Barcelona fans or not) and that was about it. That will make the Lampard decision a lot easier for club executives (and I'm in no doubt now its been made)

Reactions: Christian
It was Villa who probably single handedly saved the event. Its not like those fans won't have seen twitter remarks attributed to Reyna/Kreis in the last hour. Like I said earlier not convinced there will be any major backlash at all and "waiting" to see what happens is just delaying the inevitable. The fact that the club still won't give a straight answer (Nick Chavez used "ambiguous" but its deeper than that) and I recognise these signs in football. Indeed the club outright stated they will need a bigger Modell's store next time (though I can't recall exactly what event that was hinting at)

Never know maybe Lampard will change his mind (and stay at MCFC for the longer run) with a DP replacement of course. Unlikely perhaps but wouldn't ruin it out. Its a touchy issue (especially for those with double allegiances) better get ready Dan. Falastur the whole board might be a warzone over next few weeks.
I don't if you're a New Yorker or know anything about NY sports but yeah there will be a major backlash the kinds you can only dream about.

I'm waiting for an actual decision to see what I'm going to do. But it's looks really bad on the club. Because if our 2nd ever DP is being taken away before our 1st ever season, what's to say that won't keep on happening. How are we going to convince future DPs from EPL clubs to play here if that pretty much means MC will swoop in and take them?

The fact that a decision needs to be made is the real problem. There is no decision to be made. Lamp signed with NYCFC. He needs to report to training in January. Period.

I don't if you're a New Yorker or know anything about NY sports but yeah there will be a major backlash the kinds you can only dream about.

I'm largely going by what I saw tonight. You don't think that's a reasonable indicator at all?

Well no doubt about that but there was absolutely no heckling at all. People were just pleased to see Villa (as anyone should be Barcelona fans or not) and that was about it. That will make the Lampard decision a lot easier for club executives (and I'm in no doubt now its been made)
I would agree, I think Lamps wants to stay in England for sometime. I don't think it's to slight us here but it's because of City's title chances. Maybe if MCFC lose on Wednesday in Champions League he'll change his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.