Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can pledge all they want, but my understanding is that they actually have to pay for the transfer to avoid a free transfer. I imagine that they Sneijder and his agent are trying to have things lined up for the opening of the window so they can move quick. Doesn't give Gal. a lot of time to get their money in order.

Gal could always ask Papa Diskerud for a quick loan...

chavez or whatever his name is. That piece in small print at the bottom of the article says to me he is speculating and goading a reaction from Nycfc fans to keep his name there. I have deleted my previous post until I can write a proper answer. I should not just call names I should put together a reasoned argument and will when near a computer

Reactions: einwindir and Kubah
Let me first of all publicly apologise to Nick Chavez for my initial reaction...... It was wrong of me to name call, it was a quick post on a phone rather than a reasoned argument.

I do believe however the piece provides little or no new news, and is designed to provoke negative feelings amongst NYCFC Fans (again in my humble opinion)

It is well-known that Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini wants to keep Frank Lampard as part of his squad for, at least, the rest of 2014-2015 English Premier League season IS IT ? Please point us towards the statement where MP has actually said this, the last I heard was him saying "Lampard is an important player but it is not my decision". But what hasn’t been confirmed yet is where the player in question himself prefers to be playing when May arrives.

As this story continues to develop, my source has recently told me that Frank Lampard is the one now who is really pushing to stay at Manchester City till the end of the season. As he put it, “Lampard wants to stay and is pushing the issue.” Who is the source, a CFG employee, a source from the EPL, or a bloke in the pub ? How does the reader know how valid this information is ?

“Pushing the issue”, of course, implies that there is some push back from New York City FC officials, and more importantly, City Football Group decision makers since these individuals are considered to have the final say in this entire matter. IN THE UK YOU MAY PUSH SOMETHING WITH NO RESISTANCE (PUSHING IT = PROMOTING THE IDEA VIGOROUSLY)

Since it is clear that if Pellegrini had the final say, Lampard would be staying till the end of the season (Conjecture), and since the player himself allegedly is fighting to finish the EPL season (Conjecture), it would appear that NYCFC have an ally in City Football Group’s executives. OF COURSE THEY DO, HOW MUCH HAVE THEY JUST PLOUGHED INTO THE CLUB

If this is true, these facts would fly in the face of the widely-held perception that all of NYCFC’s wishes are subsidiary to those of Manchester City, and that NYCFC only exists to benefit Manchester City and the club’s brand. Cannot argue if this is your perception, though I do agree that NYCFC exists as part of the CFG brand, which is based on the image of Manchester City but this is not necessarily to be for the benefit of Manchester City, who I believe have to keep accounts separate to meet FFP conditions)

But even if that perception is inaccurate, that fact doesn’t serve as a solution to this particular dilemma. It has little to do with this dilemma

If Frank Lampard truly wants to stay with Manchester City till the end of the EPL season, Lampard should sign a permanent contract with the Premier League Champions and City Football Group should shop for another star designated player to replace him. AGREE WITH THE STATEMENT... But this statement promotes doubt about Lampards integrity to the reader when Lampard has publicly said nothing (probably due to contract obligations)

No team should bother trying to keep a player who doesn’t want to play for the team when he agreed to 100% agree, especially one that is based out of the proud City of New York Filling, why would you want any player who doesnt want to play for you . There is no way this insulting turn of loyalty from Lampard, if true, would be well-received by the Third Rail, NYCFC supporters and MLS fans in general. Note the if true... That is the important part of this line

It is probably better if CFG use the January transfer window to bring in another star designated player to NYCFC that would be useful and committed to Jason Kreis’s team, replacing Lampard who can continue with his career in the EPL indefinitely as he wishes.

Rumors of the possibility of Dutch Midfielder Wesley Sneijder signing with either New York City FC or with Manchester City to replace a potentially returning Lampard has been very warmly-received by NYCFC fans.

ANOTHER RUMOUR
http://www.footballtransfertavern.c...ransferTavern+(The+Transfer+Tavern+Home+Page)

Many believe the 30-year old Sneijder, 6 years younger than Lampard, would provide much more in years he can contribute and compete in MLS. And having won the Champion’s League, league titles in Spain, Italy, Holland and Turkey, various cups in these countries, and having played in the 2010 World Cup final with the Netherlands, Wesley Sneijder is clearly a player with experience and quality that rivals Frank Lampard with 6 years less of wear and tear on his legs.

Of course, at this point, potential interest in the signing of the former UEFA Midfielder of the Year by City Football Group is nothing but a rumor, and for my source’s part, he says that there isn’t any truth to them yet, as far as he knows. Admission probably no truth in Sneijder Rumour so why the previous paragraphs.

There’s been silence about any potential decision being made regarding Lampard’s loan status, with NYCFC Director of Football Reyna already back from his trip to Manchester last Wednesday. This is likely because, as my source believes, no decision has been made yet. So as far as is known no change to the start of Feb agreement ...more conjecture.

It’s also possible that a replacement for Lampard, who might play at either New York City FC or Manchester City, is being sought after right now, or perhaps, terms are already being negotiated with target players. Possible or probable... It is possible if there is truth in the Lampard to Man City bit

1 If CFG plans to allow Lampard to play out the rest of the EPL season without a replacement for NYCFC, and join the expansion club in May, 2 it will be perceived as scandalous by MLS fans. 1. IF the operative word. 2. RIGHTLY SO

It would, of course, be a scandal of some high-profile precedence in the form of David Beckham’s loan extension with AC Milan, which made him miss the first half of the 2009 MLS season. Beckham caught a lot of heat from LA Galaxy fans for this, and Lampard should expect the same deservedly-rough treatment from NYCFC supporters if he indeed chooses the path of his compatriot. AGREE (IF AGAIN)

On the other hand, Beckham did go on to win 2 MLS Cups and 2 Supporters’ Shields with the LA Galaxy upon his return, so this whole soap opera could end up having a happy ending for NYCFC fans as well, if CFG decides to go this route. IF AGAIN

In any case, unfortunately for NYCFC fans, we may be farther than we thought from seeing this situation resolved,WHY? all things considered. But, if (THAT WORD AGAIN) Lampard is indeed the one pushing to stay at Manchester City, at least City Football Group’s hands can be partly washed of the blame, because you can’t force a player to go to a team he doesn’t want to play for. HE WAS A FREE TRANSFER. HE MADE AN AGREEMENT. IF LAMPARD BACKS OUT ON AN AGREEMENT THEN CFG SHOULD WASH THERE HANDS OF HIM (IN MY OPINION) NOTHING LOST IN DOING THAT.

And if you’re a New York City FC supporter, why would you want to keep a player that doesn’t want to honor its commitment to you anyways? Representing the City of New York in the world’s most popular sport, especially in the team’s inaugural season, should be viewed as an honor, not a chore to avoid.
THIS STATEMENT IS DESIGNED TO GET YOU TALKING ABOUT AN ARTICLE DESIGNED TO RILE YOU... I REMIND YOU OF THE OLD ADAGE "IF ... MY AUNTY HAD BOLLOCKS SHE WOULD BE MY UNCLE"

Let me first of all publicly apologise to Nick Chavez for my initial reaction...... It was wrong of me to name call, it was a quick post on a phone rather than a reasoned argument.

I do believe however the piece provides little or no new news, and is designed to provoke negative feelings amongst NYCFC Fans (again in my humble opinion)

It is well-known that Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini wants to keep Frank Lampard as part of his squad for, at least, the rest of 2014-2015 English Premier League season IS IT ? Please point us towards the statement where MP has actually said this, the last I heard was him saying "Lampard is an important player but it is not my decision". But what hasn’t been confirmed yet is where the player in question himself prefers to be playing when May arrives.

As this story continues to develop, my source has recently told me that Frank Lampard is the one now who is really pushing to stay at Manchester City till the end of the season. As he put it, “Lampard wants to stay and is pushing the issue.” Who is the source, a CFG employee, a source from the EPL, or a bloke in the pub ? How does the reader know how valid this information is ?

“Pushing the issue”, of course, implies that there is some push back from New York City FC officials, and more importantly, City Football Group decision makers since these individuals are considered to have the final say in this entire matter. IN THE UK YOU MAY PUSH SOMETHING WITH NO RESISTANCE (PUSHING IT = PROMOTING THE IDEA VIGOROUSLY)

Since it is clear that if Pellegrini had the final say, Lampard would be staying till the end of the season (Conjecture), and since the player himself allegedly is fighting to finish the EPL season (Conjecture), it would appear that NYCFC have an ally in City Football Group’s executives. OF COURSE THEY DO, HOW MUCH HAVE THEY JUST PLOUGHED INTO THE CLUB

If this is true, these facts would fly in the face of the widely-held perception that all of NYCFC’s wishes are subsidiary to those of Manchester City, and that NYCFC only exists to benefit Manchester City and the club’s brand. Cannot argue if this is your perception, though I do agree that NYCFC exists as part of the CFG brand, which is based on the image of Manchester City but this is not necessarily to be for the benefit of Manchester City, who I believe have to keep accounts separate to meet FFP conditions)

But even if that perception is inaccurate, that fact doesn’t serve as a solution to this particular dilemma. It has little to do with this dilemma

If Frank Lampard truly wants to stay with Manchester City till the end of the EPL season, Lampard should sign a permanent contract with the Premier League Champions and City Football Group should shop for another star designated player to replace him. AGREE WITH THE STATEMENT... But this statement promotes doubt about Lampards integrity to the reader when Lampard has publicly said nothing (probably due to contract obligations)

No team should bother trying to keep a player who doesn’t want to play for the team when he agreed to 100% agree, especially one that is based out of the proud City of New York Filling, why would you want any player who doesnt want to play for you . There is no way this insulting turn of loyalty from Lampard, if true, would be well-received by the Third Rail, NYCFC supporters and MLS fans in general. Note the if true... That is the important part of this line

It is probably better if CFG use the January transfer window to bring in another star designated player to NYCFC that would be useful and committed to Jason Kreis’s team, replacing Lampard who can continue with his career in the EPL indefinitely as he wishes.

Rumors of the possibility of Dutch Midfielder Wesley Sneijder signing with either New York City FC or with Manchester City to replace a potentially returning Lampard has been very warmly-received by NYCFC fans.

ANOTHER RUMOUR
http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/manchester-city-southampton-miss-out-on-landing-dutch-ace/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: TransferTavern (The Transfer Tavern Home Page)

Many believe the 30-year old Sneijder, 6 years younger than Lampard, would provide much more in years he can contribute and compete in MLS. And having won the Champion’s League, league titles in Spain, Italy, Holland and Turkey, various cups in these countries, and having played in the 2010 World Cup final with the Netherlands, Wesley Sneijder is clearly a player with experience and quality that rivals Frank Lampard with 6 years less of wear and tear on his legs.

Of course, at this point, potential interest in the signing of the former UEFA Midfielder of the Year by City Football Group is nothing but a rumor, and for my source’s part, he says that there isn’t any truth to them yet, as far as he knows. Admission probably no truth in Sneijder Rumour so why the previous paragraphs.

There’s been silence about any potential decision being made regarding Lampard’s loan status, with NYCFC Director of Football Reyna already back from his trip to Manchester last Wednesday. This is likely because, as my source believes, no decision has been made yet. So as far as is known no change to the start of Feb agreement ...more conjecture.

It’s also possible that a replacement for Lampard, who might play at either New York City FC or Manchester City, is being sought after right now, or perhaps, terms are already being negotiated with target players. Possible or probable... It is possible if there is truth in the Lampard to Man City bit

1 If CFG plans to allow Lampard to play out the rest of the EPL season without a replacement for NYCFC, and join the expansion club in May, 2 it will be perceived as scandalous by MLS fans. 1. IF the operative word. 2. RIGHTLY SO

It would, of course, be a scandal of some high-profile precedence in the form of David Beckham’s loan extension with AC Milan, which made him miss the first half of the 2009 MLS season. Beckham caught a lot of heat from LA Galaxy fans for this, and Lampard should expect the same deservedly-rough treatment from NYCFC supporters if he indeed chooses the path of his compatriot. AGREE (IF AGAIN)

On the other hand, Beckham did go on to win 2 MLS Cups and 2 Supporters’ Shields with the LA Galaxy upon his return, so this whole soap opera could end up having a happy ending for NYCFC fans as well, if CFG decides to go this route. IF AGAIN

In any case, unfortunately for NYCFC fans, we may be farther than we thought from seeing this situation resolved,WHY? all things considered. But, if (THAT WORD AGAIN) Lampard is indeed the one pushing to stay at Manchester City, at least City Football Group’s hands can be partly washed of the blame, because you can’t force a player to go to a team he doesn’t want to play for. HE WAS A FREE TRANSFER. HE MADE AN AGREEMENT. IF LAMPARD BACKS OUT ON AN AGREEMENT THEN CFG SHOULD WASH THERE HANDS OF HIM (IN MY OPINION) NOTHING LOST IN DOING THAT.

And if you’re a New York City FC supporter, why would you want to keep a player that doesn’t want to honor its commitment to you anyways? Representing the City of New York in the world’s most popular sport, especially in the team’s inaugural season, should be viewed as an honor, not a chore to avoid.
THIS STATEMENT IS DESIGNED TO GET YOU TALKING ABOUT AN ARTICLE DESIGNED TO RILE YOU... I REMIND YOU OF THE OLD ADAGE "IF ... MY AUNTY HAD BOLLOCKS SHE WOULD BE MY UNCLE"
Welp. I can't argue with any of your points here.
I don't feel the same vitriol you may have, however I do agree with your bit on Nick's source. It's important to know *what kind of source* we are talking about -- for the reasons you described.
I'm not attacking Nick's integrity as a journalist but I feel like this particular piece is nothing more than filler. It provides no substance. There's no new and reliable information. I guess he has no choice but to address the topic since is a dedicated NYCFC journalist. However I feel like Lampard's Loan is nothing more than tabloid fodder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul

ANOTHER RUMOUR
http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/manchester-city-southampton-miss-out-on-landing-dutch-ace/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: TransferTavern (The Transfer Tavern Home Page)

He is reporting what his source is telling him. I'm happy to get information from a source. If it turns or his source if full of crap, this guy soul never be believed again. At least his article is based off some information, it's not totally conjecture.

Also, is better to link to, rather than reproduce someones article

Welp. I can't argue with any of your points here.

I don't feel the same vitriol you may have, however I do agree with your bit on Nick's source. It's important to know *what kind of source* we are talking about -- for the reasons you described.

I'm not attacking Nick's integrity as a journalist but I feel like this particular piece is nothing more than filler. It provides no substance. There's no new and reliable information. I guess he has no choice but to address the topic since is a dedicated NYCFC journalist. However I feel like Lampard's Loan is nothing more than tabloid fodder.

I have no vitriol, Nick is doing his job, I just wish all journalists would publish factual NEWS, rather than rehashed conjecture just to get a bit in print (but they need that for pay cheques I guess). I have more respect for journo's that give a verified new fact than a rehash (sorry Nick)

Reactions: Tiger Jones

ANOTHER RUMOUR

You're wrong on several key points.

First and foremost, Pellegrini has stated that he wants Lampard the whole year: http://www.hudsonriverblue.com/2014...ni-i-need-lampard-for-the-rest-of-the-season\

Second, although there were reports earlier that Lampard wanted to stay, the item that CFG was resistant to it IS news. We are presented with a "Lampard & pell v. CFG & NYCFC" debate versus a "NYCFC v. CFG, Lampard, Pell" debate. That's a big thing.

Third, It's an anonymous source. If Nick gave out that kind of info, he'd have to ID him. All papers use anonymoys sources; you trust based on the reporter's track record. Nick hasn't earned the track record of a Twellman yet but he hasn't shown to be a hack. We'll see as time progresses.

You're wrong on several key points.

First and foremost, Pellegrini has stated that he wants Lampard the whole year: http://www.hudsonriverblue.com/2014...ni-i-need-lampard-for-the-rest-of-the-season\

Second, although there were reports earlier that Lampard wanted to stay, the item that CFG was resistant to it IS news. We are presented with a "Lampard & pell v. CFG & NYCFC" debate versus a "NYCFC v. CFG, Lampard, Pell" debate. That's a big thing.

Third, It's an anonymous source. If Nick gave out that kind of info, he'd have to ID him. All papers use anonymoys sources; you trust based on the reporter's track record. Nick hasn't earned the track record of a Twellman yet but he hasn't shown to be a hack. We'll see as time progresses.

There is no quote saying end of season it says end of the year.
Second the BBC is wrong in that report staing end of December it was a six month loan from August.
Presented with reports from what sources. I wait for it to be from Lampard.
The whole debate (apart from what Pelligrini has said in recorded interviews (and that is open to interpretation) is simply speculation, including which internal parties want what.
All papers use anonymous sources, sometimes though they hint at the sources authenticity saying things like "A source close to the club" (within the club etc etc)
Good luck to Nick, I was not being personal, that would be wrong.
I reiterate however that if it is Lampard refusing to go (subject to the initial agreement being as black and white as we assume) , then in my opinion Lampard should not be allowed represent CFG in any team (much as I think he is a great player) No player is bigger than any team.

I mean, did no one else think this might be on Frank when he didn't come for the launch even though it was an international break? Do you think NYCFC just accidentally scheduled it then? And what was his excuse?

I didn't bring it up at the time because I had already given FF plenty of shit, but I thought it. I mean, fuck dude, it's like a 6-8 hour commercial flight. Just come over if you really mean all the shit you talk. It's not so difficult.

I actually have no reason to doubt Chavez is reporting information he received from a source somewhere. It also wouldn't surprise me that it came from VERY high up, even if indirectly. If he was bullshitting and just making it up, he could have done it a long time ago. Instead, he did it a couple of days after Reyna was supposed to return with an answer, but returns with no comments and "undecided".

If I were an FO exec for a team that was getting absolutely killed by the media for something that wasn't my or my staff's fault, I might let slip to a junior guy that it wouldn't be the worst thing to get the news out with a friendly journo.

I always like to determine truth by looking at actions and rational incentives. Based on that perspective, this piece is by far the most logical explanation of what is going on, even by the MC folks argument of how CFG would not want to shit on their own investment before it get out of the gate.

Occam's razor, motherfuckers. Chavez's article is the only one that doesn't involve CFG being a masochistic organization or else conspiring to shit on FFP, ignoring the very clear appearance of impropriety. It makes the most sense. In the absence of more facts, it's the one I believe.

I mean, did no one else think this might be on Frank when he didn't come for the launch even though it was an international break? Do you think NYCFC just accidentally scheduled it then? And what was his excuse?

I didn't bring it up at the time because I had already given FF plenty of shit, but I thought it. I mean, fuck dude, it's like a 6-8 hour commercial flight. Just come over if you really mean all the shit you talk. It's not so difficult.

I actually have no reason to doubt Chavez is reporting information he received from a source somewhere. It also wouldn't surprise me that it came from VERY high up, even if indirectly. If he was bullshitting and just making it up, he could have done it a long time ago. Instead, he did it a couple of days after Reyna was supposed to return with an answer, but returns with no comments and "undecided".

If I were an FO exec for a team that was getting absolutely killed by the media for something that wasn't my or my staff's fault, I might let slip to a junior guy that it wouldn't be the worst thing to get the news out with a friendly journo.

I always like to determine truth by looking at actions and rational incentives. Based on that perspective, this piece is by far the most logical explanation of what is going on, even by the MC folks argument of how CFG would not want to shit on their own investment before it get out of the gate.

Occam's razor, motherfuckers. Chavez's article is the only one that doesn't involve CFG being a masochistic organization or else conspiring to shit on FFP, ignoring the very clear appearance of impropriety. It makes the most sense. In the absence of more facts, it's the one I believe.

Frank was hurt at the time of the jersey reveal, wasn't he? I really don't think not being here for a jersey unveiling is that big of a deal, especially when you're rehabbing and such.

Y
ou raise a good point about Nick's source.
Didn't Kreis just say to someone today that he's surprise news hasn't "broke" yet.

Frank was hurt at the time of the jersey reveal, wasn't he? I really don't think not being here for a jersey unveiling is that big of a deal, especially when you're rehabbing and such.

Think he'd have been too injured to play a match for Citeh?

YOh raise a good point about Nick's source.
Didn't Kreis just say to someone today that he's surprise news hasn't "broke" yet.

Hmm...you raise a similarly good point.

Reactions: Kjbert
Can't see any reason for people to take issue with Chavez. He has the ideal level of mentality and ambition everyone should have for NYCFC.

He also wrote an article last month reporting Xavi was close to joining last summer. There were actual quotes direct from Xavi in the past week confirming this. It may well be the same source though received no response on twitter when I asked. Maybe he didn't see it or thought I was asking the identity of the source who knows? Not surprised at all if Lampard is pushing to remain with MCFC (at least until May don't know if there's any proof he could have asked to stay longer) and if so it would be easier for CFG officials to make him the scapegoat. After all it wouldn't be them on the field in May or beyond receiving an unwelcome reaction. So the question is should they force the situation? Or let Lampard do what he truly appears to want? Would MLS even allow a designated replacement?

I imagine Pellegrini and MCFC players have also tried to influence Lampard and its understandable they aren't the ones contracted to NYCFC. I have to agree with Chavez really if Lampard wants to stay at MCFC then allow it once a top replacement is lined up. From CFG's view they could legitimately state it wasn't their intention for this to happen when he was loaned out. I'm sure they can afford to compensate a few shirts as well.

Would people prefer him to stay at MCFC than show up in May? Or Even March if we know he prefers to be in Manchester?

MrE discussions usually involve this:

dead-horse.gif

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.