Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would people prefer him to stay at MCFC than show up in May? Or Even March if we know he prefers to be in Manchester?

I think the team (NYCFC that is) should cut bait and look elsewhere for another DP as soon as possible. Lampard doesn't want to be here, so let him stay in the UK.

--March? He doesn't want to be here, so how is he going to perform?

--May? He's not coming here at the end of May and stepping right into the lineup. That's not happening. He's going to need time to rest as well as get acclimated to his new team and situation.

--June? Is that when he starts? So NYCFC is hamstrung in so many different ways, because he misses 4 months of the season?

--August? What happens when the Premier League starts up again? Does he want to return?

Sell Lampard, get a better replacement and all those who have purchased #8 shirts have collectors items.

Pellegrini has commented at press conference (ahead of 26th Dec fixture) that situation could be resolved in next couple of days and certainly before 2015. Once again stated he wants Lampard to stay at MCFC and no concern about upsetting NYCFC (though that's based on a twitter comment don't know whether he put it quite that bluntly)

So that more or less rules out hearing anything today then...

Reactions: Kjbert
EDIT: no new information in article. May be clickbait

Frank staying until May according to new york city watch

I just came here to comment on that tweet by "NewYorkCityWatch"... is the person that runs that account on this forum? If you are, please explain how you can justify writing "BREAKING: Frank Lampard to extend his Manchester City loan until May." I made a few comments about how deceiving that headline is and he replied with some nonsensical explanation about "catch-22 journalism". You can already see the re-tweets and responses from people that are taking this as fact.

the entire situation is filled with conjecture and unnamed sources. The only directly attributable quotes come from Pellegrini. Sitting back and withholding judgement until an official announcement comes out

I just came here to comment on that tweet by "NewYorkCityWatch"... is the person that runs that account on this forum? If you are, please explain how you can justify writing "BREAKING: Frank Lampard to extend his Manchester City loan until May." I made a few comments about how deceiving that headline is and he replied with some nonsensical explanation about "catch-22 journalism". You can already see the re-tweets and responses from people that are taking this as fact.

I didn't see that tweet when it happened but I just took a look and you're right. An opinion piece isn't breaking news and shouldn't be put forth as such. Now if he has breaking news and was just alerting with substance to follow then its understandable.

The fact that Reyna hasn't said anything since coming back from Manchester pretty much confirms the loan is being extended. Now its just a matter of how long.

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
The fact that Reyna hasn't said anything since coming back from Manchester pretty much confirms the loan is being extended. Now its just a matter of how long.
Time for a poll... who is more persona non-grata with NYCFC?
  • Pellegrini
  • Lampard
  • That dude who owns a parking lot in the Bronx and won't sell
In a surprise twist, I am actually satisfied with NYCFC management and CFG because it is obvious neither want anything to do with an extension.

• Pellegrini
  • Lampard
In a surprise twist, I am actually satisfied with NYCFC management and CFG because it is obvious neither want anything to do with an extension.
For me its Lampard. From what we know now he's the reason for this mess.

Reactions: Kjbert
  • Pellegrini
  • Lampard

Well Pellegrini is looking out for what's best for his club, I hold no ill will towards him.
Lampard is unhated until further notice. (could be swayed in the next couple of days)
My vote is the greedy, tax dodging, Muppet in the Bronx.

Reactions: Kjbert and lostblue
I have been pretty relaxed about the whole Lampard situation and want to let it all play out...but that somewhat changed today when I read this: http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...ty-future-decided-in-the-next-few-days-122314

Namely the quote: Pellegrini does not think extending Lampard's stay would upset sister club New York.
"I don't think so. That's why I have a long conversation with all of them," he said. "I think what's better for the club is better for all the clubs."

It actually made me do a spit-take at my desk. I am not sure if it is delusion, arrogance, selfishness, or willful ignorance on Pellegrini's part - if he thinks that not having Frank at his home club for their inaugural season would not upset the club, or even CFG's investment.

Just to keep the bookkeeping straight those parking garages are owned by the Bronx Parking Development Corp and they would sell out in a nano second. They owe NYC back taxes in the neighborhood of $50 million and have defaulted on bonds........something in the range of $200 million +.

I'd really have to do a google search to find some old articles concerning the buy out situation, but it basically would come down to how much NYCFC wants to pony up and how much NYC is willing to eat to satisfy all parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.