Frank Lampard Loan Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to keep the bookkeeping straight those parking garages are owned by the Bronx Parking Development Corp and they would sell out in a nano second. They owe NYC back taxes in the neighborhood of $50 million and have defaulted on bonds........something in the range of $200 million +.

I'd really have to do a google search to find some old articles concerning the buy out situation, but it basically would come down to how much NYCFC wants to pony up and how much NYC is willing to eat to satisfy all parties.

Oh my God a salient comment on this thread? Who knew it could happen?

Frank has (maybe at this point had) an opportunity to come off as a true gem here. I can understand some mixed emotions by him being in the hunt for trophies and the taste of glory in a top league with the lads with whom he has now bonded. Imagine the fanfare and respect he would earn if he could say, notwithstanding all of that and some bittersweet emotions, he's ready to set that aside and is instead f0cused on and excited to come back to the team he pledged his allegiance to, in the best city in the world, etc. He would live up to the name Super Frank without yet having stepped onto the pitch. He still may. However, it sounds like he very well may not. If it's the latter, the damage to his reputation may be irreparable or at least difficult to repair. Stay tuned. At least the offseason hasn't been dull.

Just to keep the bookkeeping straight those parking garages are owned by the Bronx Parking Development Corp and they would sell out in a nano second. They owe NYC back taxes in the neighborhood of $50 million and have defaulted on bonds........something in the range of $200 million +.

I'd really have to do a google search to find some old articles concerning the buy out situation, but it basically would come down to how much NYCFC wants to pony up and how much NYC is willing to eat to satisfy all parties.

Corporate taxes aren't personally guaranteed, so the guy can just walk away from the property and they (NYC) wouldn't get a dime. Deblasio is an idiot he talks about the "tax breaks" and not a good deal for tax payers but he doesn't know what he's talking about.

What would happen is NYCFC would pay them a portion of the back taxes and the rest would be forgiven. The city isn't getting what this guy (his elevator corporation and/or holding company) owes. They would get a small portion but it's still more then they would normally get. The issue with the deal is the guy holding the property just wants more money. Someone got into his ear and is telling him he can get much more.

Reactions: Kjbert
Hi Fella's
New member here and thought i'd post in this thread
Seasoncard holder at city for 23 years so wanted to get that out of the way, anyway i was at the open academy today which city were doing for the the fans.....Had a 20 sec chat with Frank afterwards and asked him abt his future, nothing much back really accept he did say he was looking forward to the challenge over the pond.......When that will be is anyones guess, i kinda think with Ya Ya going to the AFCON that he will stay
Personally i think he should honour his agreement with you guys, but obviously talking as a city fan & whats best for us i'd want him to stay

Like to think it wouldnt put us & your club at war

KK

Hi Fella's
Seasoncard holder at city for 23 years so wanted to get that out of the way, anyway i was at the open academy today which city were doing for the the fans.....Had a 20 sec chat with Frank afterwards and asked him abt his future, nothing much back really accept he did say he was looking forward to the challenge over the pond.......When that will be is anyones guess, i kinda think with Ya Ya going to the AFCON that he will stay
Personally i think he should honour his agreement with you guys, but obviously talking as a city fan & whats best for us i'd want him to stay

KK
Welcome dude, unfortunately, there is a wedge between Man City fans and NYC fans (actually mostly its some who prioritizes Man City over NYC on a NYC board.). That was in part created by the Lampard situation. Thanks for coming over and sharing that.

Hi Fella's

KK
If you see him again tell him if he doesn't come to NYC in March don't bother coming at all.

Welcome dude, unfortunately, there is a wedge between Man City fans and NYC fans (actually mostly its some who prioritizes Man City over NYC on a NYC board.). That was in part created by the Lampard situation. Thanks for coming over and sharing that.
No worries mate, not that it told us much,
Yes ive just had a quick browse at the forum and it does seem theres already some needle between your guys and ours, Well i guess thats what forums are for.....I post on one here and have done for 8 years and battle with my own fans, crazy eh :)

Oh and to the other lad, i dont think i'll be yapping to Frank again, he just happened to be right there where i was, he is a decent guy though and i should imagine he has a big decision to make......

Oh and to the other lad, i dont think i'll be yapping to Frank again, he just happened to be right there where i was, he is a decent guy though and i should imagine he has a big decision to make......

He's got a huge decision and unfortunately he's considered a bad guy for this and to be honest if the roles were reversed I'm sure NYCFC would want him to stay longer and Man City honor his committments sooner. We have to understand this is a business. For the wedge between Man City and NYC, it's unforunate as some of us support both those squads and differing opinions while still being a fan of NYCFC should be perfectly accepted.

He's got a huge decision and unfortunately he's considered a bad guy for this and to be honest if the roles were reversed I'm sure NYCFC would want him to stay longer and Man City honor his committments sooner. We have to understand this is a business. For the wedge between Man City and NYC, it's unforunate as some of us support both those squads and differing opinions while still being a fan of NYCFC should be perfectly accepted.
Its tribal mate, we all want whats best for our club........

For sure, just makes for a tangled web to weave. I'm sure in the end it will all work out.

NYCFC's new YES ads main lines David Villa has no mention of Frank Lampard.

http://web.yesnetwork.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=37078381&topic_id=&tcid=vpp_copy_37078381&v=3

It's time to sell him.
Again, they had his jersey t-shirt on sale for $8.95 a couple of weeks back. The signs are all there.

Call me a pessimist or a realist or whatever. But one thing you won't call me is surprised by disappointment when the news actually comes. The signs are all there.

We'd have made fun of RBNY supporters who claimed Henry would play next year, and they had more evidence supporting that take than we do to believe FF will be with NYCFC on schedule.

Again, they had his jersey t-shirt on sale for $8.95 a couple of weeks back. The signs are all there.
If that's what you take as a sign, what does it mean that the NYCFC online shop is selling the player tees for Villa and Lampard with the old MLS logo on sale for $12.98 and the Villa and Lampard player tees with the new MLS logo for full price?

If that's what you take as a sign, what does it mean that the NYCFC online shop is selling the player tees for Villa and Lampard with the old MLS logo on sale for $12.98 and the Villa and Lampard player tees with the new MLS logo for full price?
For you, it signals wishful thinking, with a dash of unanticipated angst to finish.

(Manchester) City fan here, I know some on here are fans of BPL rivals and therefore are very bitter/envious towards us, but I don't get all the hate towards Lampard and the club hierarchy. They literally made the club out of nothing and before a ball has even been kicked you're abusing them. Claiming to boycott matches? Here's an idea, get rid of your season ticket and grow a pair because you're not a proper fan. You need to think rationally for a few minutes and realise that this is a one off situation in which a player in the MLS can actually strengthen a team challenging for the Premier and Champions League, that will never happen again.

Down the line you will be loaning plenty of players from (Man) City and are even going to be using our facilities for your pre-season. I don't know what's going on there but if both clubs train together it would be a fantastic experience that not many MLS teams are afforded, the facilities alone are lightyears ahead of anything in the US. Anyway I'm rambling a bit now but I don't understand the hostility towards us. Pre-season there was a lot of talk on BlueMoon forum about booing Yaya off the pitch and giving him abuse for the way he treated the club, and this guy had actually really taken the piss out of us, it never materialised into anything and his name was sung a couple of games into the season, I imagine the same will happen as soon as Lampard debuts, be it on the opening day or somewhere down the line.

Reactions: JCizzle
(Manchester) City fan here, I know some on here are fans of BPL rivals and therefore are very bitter/envious towards us, but I don't get all the hate towards Lampard and the club hierarchy. They literally made the club out of nothing and before a ball has even been kicked you're abusing them. Claiming to boycott matches? Here's an idea, get rid of your season ticket and grow a pair because you're not a proper fan. You need to think rationally for a few minutes and realise that this is a one off situation in which a player in the MLS can actually strengthen a team challenging for the Premier and Champions League, that will never happen again.

Down the line you will be loaning plenty of players from (Man) City and are even going to be using our facilities for your pre-season. I don't know what's going on there but if both clubs train together it would be a fantastic experience that not many MLS teams are afforded, the facilities alone are lightyears ahead of anything in the US. Anyway I'm rambling a bit now but I don't understand the hostility towards us. Pre-season there was a lot of talk on BlueMoon forum about booing Yaya off the pitch and giving him abuse for the way he treated the club, and this guy had actually really taken the piss out of us, it never materialised into anything and his name was sung a couple of games into the season, I imagine the same will happen as soon as Lampard debuts, be it on the opening day or somewhere down the line.

The majority of us are simply waiting for news to come out. If he stays past March and misses our season opener it WILL be a huge deal. It's a season opener and the very first game we ever play. I repeat, the very first game we ever play. And if our biggest signing isn't on the field that's an issue. You've got to understand that will piss people off. It will show everyone in our league that our club hierarchy is weak. If he's loaned through February or January as people suspect until Yaya comes back I'm fine with it.
Some are just taking rumors that have no legitimate sources behind them and are just opinions way to seriously and over reacting.

Also as far as your 'rational' comment is concerned. MLS has grown tremendously over the last few years and Lampard/Villa certainly won't be the greatest players to ever grace the league. Bigger and better players will come so I don't find your comment all too rational. Especially since missing the single biggest game in your teams non existent history is rationally more important than any for a 'loaner' teams.

Last edited:
The majority of us are simply waiting for news to come out. If he stays past March and misses our season opener it WILL be a huge deal. It's a season opener and the very first game we ever play. I repeat, the very first game we ever play. And if our biggest signing isn't on the field that's an issue. You've got to understand that will piss people off. It will show everyone in our league that our club hierarchy is weak. If he's loaned through February or January as people suspect until Yaya comes back I'm fine with it.
Some are just taking rumors that have no legitimate sources behind them and are just opinions way to seriously and over reacting.

Also as far as your 'rational' comment is concerned. MLS has grown tremendously over the last few years and Lampard/Villa certainly won't be the greatest players to ever grace the league. Bigger and better players will come so I don't find your comment all too rational. Especially since missing the single biggest game in your teams non existent history is rationally more important than any for a 'loaner' teams.

Firstly I fully understand the frustration of him missing the first game, yes it's a big deal to you and your club. But at the same time I also understand how a player would prefer to be challenging for the Premier League and Champions League, imagine we don't extend Lampards loan, he goes back and gets injured in pre-season thus missing the first few weeks of the season. How are you going to feel then? Is it all going to be ruined or is it just the principle of the situation? Because sometimes you've got to take a hit in the short term to benefit long term, as we're currently finding out with FFP. Manchester City are going to do lots for your club and ask very little in return. I'm more responding to the things I read early on in the thread, when some people who are clearly very bitter towards Manchester City for other reasons were making boycott threats and calling us a plastic club (LOL).

And as for the 2nd paragraph I'm fully aware that the MLS is improving, but it's still so far behind any major league in Europe. At the end of the day the only reason a big player outside of the States is going to go over there is to finish a career in a nice country on big money, I think you know that deep down.

I don't give a fuck (toss) about Manchester just as most of you don't care about New York. I just want my team's players playing from the start of the season. If we had loaned him back to Chelsea and they were leading the league, all you guys would be moaning about recalling from the loan. So him missing 3 months of our season means fuck all to us except making this club a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.