Galaxy Postmatch

Had an absolute blast. Was biting my nails, sure that Villa's empty net misses would come back to bite us. Awesome seeing my daughter and family on the jumbo-tron pregame. And actually turned out that the guy who produces that video for every game sits next to me in my section.

All around great day. Still flying high.

Nice that we have recorded and surpassed number of wins from last season now at 11 and counting.

Some people on here may jeer at this, but met Mikey Lopez after the game by section 121. Since he wasn't part of the 18 today, I Just shook his hand and said it was a great 3 points today.

Attended the post match press conference. No Vieira. I want a rain-check.

Some people get annoyed when fans boo a jerk who told us to sod off and the team loses 7-0. I find it ridiculous that people come and first thing they do is piss on our keeper after a win like that.
i think bruce has done a really great job putting together an organization with alot of depth from the first team down to the usl and academy. i hope we have depth like that one day.

Absolutely nothing as far as I could tell. Not even an armband.

I'm not sure what's frustrated me more, how full of shit they are or their radio silence when I've tried to call them out on it.

It might not mean a lot to most people who attended today, but this is the kind of thing that makes me want to ditch my season tickets for next year. If you're not going to have a Pride Night, fine. Don't have one. But don't say (looking at you Patricof) you're going to have one and then just sorta...completely not. This was a huge audience and a great opportunity to stand up for inclusivity in sports and create a great event for everyone. Instead, you'd be hard pressed to find any evidence of it besides the TR shirt and HoO poster, neither of which (awesome as they were!) are from NYCFC itself. It's just so tacky, and to hear a homophobic chant occur at both ends of the stadium on top of it all was just the cherry on top.

Nice that we have recorded and surpassed number of wins from last season now at 11 and counting.

Some people on here may jeer at this, but met Mikey Lopez after the game by section 121. Since he wasn't part of the 18 today, I Just shook his hand and said it was a great 3 points today.

Attended the post match press conference. No Vieira. I want a rain-check.
I met Mikey after the game as well at the same spot. Nice dude. A few minutes later he was surrounded.

Reactions: Taurus
Had an absolute blast. Was biting my nails, sure that Villa's empty net misses would come back to bite us. Awesome seeing my daughter and family on the jumbo-tron pregame. And actually turned out that the guy who produces that video for every game sits next to me in my section.

All around great day. Still flying high.
OH Sweetie!! How Awesome ! Couldn't happen to a Nicer Fella!!

Reactions: FootyLovin and Sabo
Not the most exciting game but we came out the better team!
Great defensive effort and we get 3 points closer to clinching playoffs.
We clearly went for the defend and counter after that first goal. Boring but thrilled to get the W
Villa MOTM
Mata was a stud as well. And pirlo looked terrific.

Offside goal but it came right after a missed penalty soooo
Come on NY!
I think your being to kind to my Andrea i thought he was slower than his usual . I thought i'd be seeing a flood gate of criticism Wow!

I'm not sure what's frustrated me more, how full of shit they are or their radio silence when I've tried to call them out on it.

It might not mean a lot to most people who attended today, but this is the kind of thing that makes me want to ditch my season tickets for next year. If you're not going to have a Pride Night, fine. Don't have one. But don't say (looking at you Patricof) you're going to have one and then just sorta...completely not. This was a huge audience and a great opportunity to stand up for inclusivity in sports and create a great event for everyone. Instead, you'd be hard pressed to find any evidence of it besides the TR shirt and HoO poster, neither of which (awesome as they were!) are from NYCFC itself. It's just so tacky, and to hear a homophobic chant occur at both ends of the stadium on top of it all was just the cherry on top.

They'll probably have it next game vs. DC on a Thursday at 7 PM which will likely be one of our least attended games. Or maybe they actually want it to be a night game. So that game or Chicago at 8 PM on Friday, September 23.

I thought it was a good day out - decent game and performance against a strong side. Good on David Villa for deciding to interrupt the "Come on New York" chant with a goal - more of that!

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Cool comeback bro

So Villa was MOTM today? Guy missed at least two absolute sitters, and the one he put away should have been flagged offside. Honestly can't remember the last time we did so well when El Capitan was so off the pace.
He's playing center mid. The portly poacher is often ahead of villa on the attack.

Reactions: Paul
14064208_10207362370958374_5550951023476297367_n.jpg

How you doin?

Cool comeback bro

So Villa was MOTM today? Guy missed at least two absolute sitters, and the one he put away should have been flagged offside. Honestly can't remember the last time we did so well when El Capitan was so off the pace.
Agree. I thought this was Villa's worst game, or at the least one of the worst games he has played this season. He had a few sitters and he missed. He had a bad touch on the pass from Harrison which he should have done much better with inside the box. His work rate is great as always but he was way off today.

As for Saunders, I absolutely loath the fact that he is our keeper. He is beyond brutal and almost cost us again big time with trying to go for that cross from Lletget and he completely whiffed on it, and mistimed his jump once again. What else is new? The sky is blue. His instincts are so late on dives, and he looks absolutely awful when he dives late, and he flails his arms and his legs have no push. On top of that he just sleeps on the grass for a few seconds. I seriously think he may be drinking again. He is beyond pitiful. With that said, he is our keeper in 2016 and i fully guarantee he will cost us big time in the playoffs. Oh well, still this year has been great so far, and you really can't ask much more from a 2nd year franchise in MLS. If we make some noise in the playoffs it will be a bonus.

Regarding the pride night thing. I may be getting some flak for saying this, and you know I don't really care. I love my sport teams and sporting events to stay away from the any political and ideological statements. This is a sport. It is entertainment. Not a platform to voice support these types of topics one way or the other. My feelings are the same when it comes to the national anthem before sporting events and god bless america during the 7th inning stretch. It is a fucking sporting event. It is entertainment. What the fuck are we really doing? Really?

Villa's finishing today was laughable but he had some good holdup play, dribbles and passes, I wouldn't rank it among his worst.

Danton Danton, you're right to be pissed, that is some bullshit from the team. If you're going to do it (and you should!), do it. If you aren't, don't.

Agree. I thought this was Villa's worst game, or at the least one of the worst games he has played this season. He had a few sitters and he missed. He had a bad touch on the pass from Harrison which he should have done much better with inside the box. His work rate is great as always but he was way off today.

As for Saunders, I absolutely loath the fact that he is our keeper. He is beyond brutal and almost cost us again big time with trying to go for that cross from Lletget and he completely whiffed on it, and mistimed his jump once again. What else is new? The sky is blue. His instincts are so late on dives, and he looks absolutely awful when he dives late, and he flails his arms and his legs have no push. On top of that he just sleeps on the grass for a few seconds. I seriously think he may be drinking again. He is beyond pitiful. With that said, he is our keeper in 2016 and i fully guarantee he will cost us big time in the playoffs. Oh well, still this year has been great so far, and you really can't ask much more from a 2nd year franchise in MLS. If we make some noise in the playoffs it will be a bonus.

Who would you give it to though? I was very impressed with Jack in his build up but he was also a bit off with his final ball several times after a great move to create space for himself crossing it low and to no one or taking one touch too many IMO.