Galaxy Postmatch

14064208_10207362370958374_5550951023476297367_n.jpg

How you doin?

So I guess I'm not the absolute only one slightly disappointed Cass didn't dismiss the Galaxy as "S-A-W-F-T, SAWFT!":D

Reactions: Gene
Who would you give it to though? I was very impressed with Jack in his build up but he was also a bit off with his final ball several times after a great move to create space for himself crossing it low and to no one or taking one touch too many IMO.
Good question. In a game like this, it is hard to point to any one particular player that really stood out. But I would consider the following players:

Mena - I thought he was tremendous out there and was very quick on his feet. Made some great tackles and challenges. The only hiccup was the possession mistake in the first half but again I blame the coaches for that. As Twellman said on air, at some point you have to forget the possession play 12 yards away from your goal and just boot it.

Mata - Very solid game from him.

Brillant - Same as Mena. Had a strong game and was good in the air.

Jack H - He has been a tremendous spark plug and the talent he is is tremendous. He created our first goal with that pass to Mata and he made some great plays on the wing to keep LAG off balance. He is a real threat!!!!

So in short, the defense played great and Jack was very good as usual. But to give it to Villa for that sitter goal he scored when he was way off the whole game was questionable.

Now for a random post that's only post-game related because it's related to a jersey that I bought at the game today for my kid. Just got home and it still has that clip-on sensor thing attached. Is my only solution going back to the stadium to remove it? That option may not go down well. Sorry for the random interruption.

Don't take it off, have your kid wear it to school and tell the other kids his dad ripped it off for him.
1 of 2 things will happen.
1 the other kids think you are a bad ass and never fuck with your kid.
2 he starts a fashion trend that's even stupider than leaving the sticker on a hat.

Not as thrilling as our last home game but a win is a win. Impressed with the win considering LA had their chances. Saunders continues to make me nervous with his goalkeeping decisions.

Also was it Pride Day? Wasn't really advertised.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Final score should have been 3-1 win.

We are so much more dangerous with Mata on the field. His attacks up the wing forced LAG to switch Zardes over to Mata's side and shade on defense. Totally pulled them out of their attacking shape and LAG did not create many chances.

I wrote off Montreal last year before they fired Yallop and got Drogba, but after losing 3-0 at home to Chicago, it really looks like a 3 way race for the Eastern Conference title with Toronto and NJRB.

Honestly, what should they have done for pride day? Put rainbow stuff everywhere? Free food specials if your lgbtqz?

They partnered with a local organization. Not so much more you can do that wouldn't be offensive or discriminatory to others or distracting to those whose showed up to see soccer players play a soccer game.

Final score should have been 3-1 win.

We are so much more dangerous with Mata on the field. His attacks up the wing forced LAG to switch Zardes over to Mata's side and shade on defense. Totally pulled them out of their attacking shape and LAG did not create many chances.

I wrote off Montreal last year before they fired Yallop and got Drogba, but after losing 3-0 at home to Chicago, it really looks like a 3 way race for the Eastern Conference title with Toronto and NJRB.
Chicago had not won an away game in like, ever. Historic away win for them!

Reactions: Sabo
Good question. In a game like this, it is hard to point to any one particular player that really stood out. But I would consider the following players:

Mena - I thought he was tremendous out there and was very quick on his feet. Made some great tackles and challenges. The only hiccup was the possession mistake in the first half but again I blame the coaches for that. As Twellman said on air, at some point you have to forget the possession play 12 yards away from your goal and just boot it.

Mata - Very solid game from him.

Brillant - Same as Mena. Had a strong game and was good in the air.

Jack H - He has been a tremendous spark plug and the talent he is is tremendous. He created our first goal with that pass to Mata and he made some great plays on the wing to keep LAG off balance. He is a real threat!!!!

So in short, the defense played great and Jack was very good as usual. But to give it to Villa for that sitter goal he scored when he was way off the whole game was questionable.
Pirlo had a near-perfect game from where I sit in 233b. Prescient on D, a rock in possession. If our finishing was better he would have had at least 2 "secondary assists". It remains an absolute privilege to see him work.

Honestly, what should they have done for pride day? Put rainbow stuff everywhere? Free food specials if your lgbtqz?

They partnered with a local organization. Not so much more you can do that wouldn't be offensive or discriminatory to others or distracting to those whose showed up to see soccer players play a soccer game.

Well, looking around the league, the Sounders did this: http://www.soundersfc.com/post/2016...ivities-ahead-saturdays-pride-day-against-new

And Orlando did this: http://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2016/06/14/orlando-city-dedicates-june-18-match-orlandounited-3

So there is definitely precedent for doing more.

I said it in chat but I'll say it again here: I'm shocked that LA didn't press us more. I would think every team would see that that is the one tactic that consistently gives us trouble.

You would think that after the Colorado game it would be even more clear that teams that sit back are going to struggle against our offense.

So what I'm saying is, I'm nervous about the adjustments Bruce Arena is going to make before he faces us in the cup final.

Uggghhh.
C'mon man. We won.
We know Saunders is not good, everyone knows this. It's been discussed to death after every game, every time he makes a mistake, in every pre-game thread, every time a keeper from another team looks good, we discuss how shitty Saunders is.
Your not enlightening anybody, we know all about Saunders. Your just coming off as an ass. Your better than that.
Just shut it and let us enjoy the victory!

The Church (all of them) repeat the same shit every week and some people find it enlightening.
maybe Midas Mulligan is some kind of spiritual figure that has not reached you yet

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Regarding the pride night thing. I may be getting some flak for saying this, and you know I don't really care. I love my sport teams and sporting events to stay away from the any political and ideological statements. This is a sport. It is entertainment. Not a platform to voice support these types of topics one way or the other. My feelings are the same when it comes to the national anthem before sporting events and god bless america during the 7th inning stretch. It is a fucking sporting event. It is entertainment. What the fuck are we really doing? Really?

Hmm, must be nice not to have to dread goal kicks!

Well, I don't want to belabor the point, but since you asked...

Off the top of my head: armband a la Michael Bradley (to be auctioned off later, proceeds to charity); jerseys auctioned with proceeds to charity; Supporters in the City segment to show diversity in the NYCFC community; LGBTQ performer for the national anthem; a pride flag atop YS or somewhere in the stadium; PSA's by team captains in English and Spanish discouraging the offensive puto chant; advertisement of the NY Ramblers event in the lead-up to the game to promote their scholarship fund; some pregame clip about Robbie Rogers. Food specials? Please. We want acknowledgement that sports are not the friendliest environments for LGBTQ people and thus encouragement to participate, not a handout.

Again, if you're going to say that you're having a Pride Night, these are the things you might want to do to have one. That's where people are taking umbrage.

Who would you give it to though? I was very impressed with Jack in his build up but he was also a bit off with his final ball several times after a great move to create space for himself crossing it low and to no one or taking one touch too many IMO.
MoM should go to Brillant. The man was an absolute rock.

Hmm hopefully you'll look back at this and realize that being a smug jackass isn't as cute as you thought it was.

I definitely thought that the club could have done more/something/anything. Unfortunately, my sister a big old lesbian or "lgbtqz" deserving of a complimentary chicken bucket for the day - was unable to attend. She honestly thought the pride day was a gimmick anyway- given that it wasn't gay pride month and was only announced after Orlando. I just think the club halfasses any "event night". Although it's one thing to blow off Star Wars night, but you shouldn't announce a pride night and just give out poptarts and be done with it. If you're going to represent a marginalized segment of your fan base either you do it or you don't announce it and raise expectations.

What could they have done that would have been offensive or discriminatory to others?