Galaxy Postmatch

I really haven't either, but I wasn't there yesterday. Maybe with the bigger house, it brought out the more casual fans.
I sit opposite SGs in 214A and it seemed to be coming from the SG end. Last year it was originating next to me in 213. Glad those Neanderthals are gone!

I was sort of going off of my not so serious idea of free food/merch for Lgbtq community members, which would have been discriminatory.

I know you're just riffing off the top of your head, but, despite the fact that they would never do that (would they make you kiss a same-gendered person to "prove" you were gay? If you claimed to be bi, would they make you kiss two people?), that would not be considered discrimination from the perspective of the law.

Non-LGBTQ people are not a protected class, so difficult to discriminate against them. That's the reason why, "Ladies drink free" nights are not discriminatory -- "men" is not a protected class.

Both of our notable outside backs were available yesterday (Matarrita and Allen). Matarrita started at LB but Hernandez started on RB.

Hernandez can't move forward as well as RJ but is a better defender as part of a three man backline. Matarrita is the best attacker of all three but lacks the defending skills.

Mataritta lines up on the left with McNamara and Hernandez lines up with Harrison on the right. Harrison is a better attacker than McNamara. So, McNamara gets the attacking support with the better attacking outside back and Harrison is left with Hernandez and only defensive support on the right.

With all this being said, I think that Vieira wants to balance attack and defense and will give up the promise of the Matarrita-McNamara and Allen-Harrison overlapping runs for the defense of Hernandez. It's not our best 11 in terms of talent but it's Vieira's best 11 for balance.

But I have to ask, when Chanot comes back, is Hernandez the best RB option? Assuming the Chanot-Brillant CB pairing, we've seen Mena with sparks of attacking runs and the ability to shoot. He's a better defender than Hernandez and has shown great defending ability 1v1 on the left and right sides of the field.

We all want to see Mataritta--Brillant--Chanot--Allen for great attacking football. But since we know how Vieira is lining up our backline is Matarrita--Brillant--Chanot--Mena the better option?
I know Mena has the speed and ability to make attacking runs, but his passing is not ver good. And isn't he left-footed?

As derek_villa pointed out, I may consider playing with Chanot on the right since he has experience there and does have some good passing ability. I'm just not certain it would be completely worth it, since one of Chanot's better abilities is organizing the back line, and you miss that by playing him at fullback.

Either way, its nice feeling comfortable with three of our centerbacks (and Hernandez is somewhat serviceable there too).

Yeah, yesterday was the first time I had heard it in a long time.

Me too. the problem is the kind of people who think it's "clever" or "funny" are the same kind of people who will just yell it louder if you call them out on it.

I do wish someone would take up what some other teams' fans do and count how long it takes for the Keeper to kick. it's loud, easy to join in and may cause them to rush if they are trying to avoid a yellow for time wasting. I've tried but my section already thinks I'm weird.

Had an absolute blast. Was biting my nails, sure that Villa's empty net misses would come back to bite us. Awesome seeing my daughter and family on the jumbo-tron pregame. And actually turned out that the guy who produces that video for every game sits next to me in my section.

All around great day. Still flying high.

FootyLovin and the first family of 136

Reactions: FootyLovin
I sit opposite SGs in 214A and it seemed to be coming from the SG end. Last year it was originating next to me in 213. Glad those Neanderthals are gone!

I was in 214 A on Sunday! I think I might have seen you, were you wearing a Man City top? I personally didn't hear the chant. I was sort of focused on the game and the little Indian boy directly behind me who was yelling stuff like "C'mon Super Lampard!"

Me too. the problem is the kind of people who think it's "clever" or "funny" are the same kind of people who will just yell it louder if you call them out on it.

I do wish someone would take up what some other teams' fans do and count how long it takes for the Keeper to kick. it's loud, easy to join in and may cause them to rush if they are trying to avoid a yellow for time wasting. I've tried but my section already thinks I'm weird.

I think I've heard something like that countdown coming from 234 once or twice - what's your goal kick chant over there, Goodfella Goodfella?

Does anyone have a clip of the dummy that Jack Harrison did in the first half, over by the corner? I wasn't paying attention at the time and everyone was ooh-ing, then I managed to miss the replay too!

Does anyone have a clip of the dummy that Jack Harrison did in the first half, over by the corner? I wasn't paying attention at the time and everyone was ooh-ing, then I managed to miss the replay too!
it was very similar to the nutmeg he pulled up in MTL, really thought he was going to score on that one

I was in 214 A on Sunday! I think I might have seen you, were you wearing a Man City top? I personally didn't hear the chant. I was sort of focused on the game and the little Indian boy directly behind me who was yelling stuff like "C'mon Super Lampard!"
Man City top??? O god no!!! #LFC #YNWA!!!!!!!

I sit in row 7.

Reactions: Jock and Kjbert
Did anyone else feel like they really wanted to get Lampard a goal? It seemed like they forced it to him awkwardly a number of times. I was wondering if they wanted to help him one up Stevie G.

Reactions: Kjbert
Did anyone else feel like they really wanted to get Lampard a goal? It seemed like they forced it to him awkwardly a number of times. I was wondering if they wanted to help him one up Stevie G.

When he was subbed out of the game he looked pissed. I couldn't hear what he was saying or read his lips but he was upset. Usually when a sub comes out they'll give a thumbs up or something to us over at PS 002 since we're applauding them (or some of us) until they sit down. Nothing out of Frank this time.

Reactions: gbservis
I think the team is looking more for Frank than usual now. It's a blessing and a curse. If you remember, we used to try and force the ball to Villa. Now it looks like we are sometimes forcing the ball to Frank. He just gets to the right place at the right time.

I think the team is looking more for Frank than usual now. It's a blessing and a curse. If you remember, we used to try and force the ball to Villa. Now it looks like we are sometimes forcing the ball to Frank. He just gets to the right place at the right time.
There was one point in the first half when the ball was brought down the left side of the box (I think by Villa) and was cut back just behind Lampard - Lampard was furious because nobody was marking him and he had an open look from the top of the 6yrd box. That should have been number 10 for him.

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
Man City top??? O god no!!! #LFC #YNWA!!!!!!!

I sit in row 7.

Ah sorry I think I confused with a guy Andre? Not sure if he posts anymore. Think I saw a middle aged guy who used to be active here in section 214 A and since your handle on here starts with A and you said you were in 214 A.... I was in row 10 so I probably did see you but I wouldn't know lol.

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC