General MLS Discussion

If Colorado can come back to beat Red Bull in the second half we would edge into fourth based on the wins tiebreaker

Reactions: moogoo
it's hard to see anybody else winning the cup this year outside of:

Columbus
Cinci
LAFC
RSL

Each of these teams play well and have ruthless attackers.

No Miami? I think they have to be in the conversation

Miami, i'm not so sure. their defense is kind of shambolic and overall, their style of play just isn't as nice to see as those 4. But yea, they deserve to be in the conversation.

Columbus is demolishing LAFC 5-1 and it isn't even that close.
Wilfred Nancy is undeniably impressive. What will be his next move?

the crew are a force to watch. the way they play reminds me of how we used to play under dome. free flowing with lots of combinations and creativity. it's really unfortunate they weren't able to show their true potential in CCC and give pachuca a game. I would have loved to see it.

Reactions: Kenny and Gene
the crew are a force to watch. the way they play reminds me of how we used to play under dome. free flowing with lots of combinations and creativity. it's really unfortunate they weren't able to show their true potential in CCC and give pachuca a game. I would have loved to see it.
and lots of 1 and 2 touch passing. I noticed a few times, as they move into the final third, a ball sprayed out to the overlapping fullback or winger who one-touch sends a cross back into the box. The one-touch cross is so effective, rather than taking 2 or 3 touches and the momentum is lost.

and lots of 1 and 2 touch passing. I noticed a few times, as they move into the final third, a ball sprayed out to the overlapping fullback or winger who one-touch sends a cross back into the box. The one-touch cross is so effective, rather than taking 2 or 3 touches and the momentum is lost.

absolutely. nancy has them playing quickly and with drilled patterns and purpose. we have started to develop some patterns, but we still play way too slowly most of the time. Nick is mostly non-emotional on the sidelines, but i wish he were clapping his hands and demanding that we move the ball faster.

i'm starting to wonder why some european club hasn't tried to snatch nancy from MLS yet.

Reactions: Kenny
Interesting this clash between Cherundolo and Nancy, who have both been advanced as candidates for the USA job. What will the federation think?
If they're smart (which, let's just say there hasn't been much evidence of that) they'll hire the one who made mincemeat of the other last night. You know, the dude who won MLS Cup last year and almost the CCC this year, only to be stopped by a fifth column of gastrointestinal sabotage.

If they're smart (which, let's just say there hasn't been much evidence of that) they'll hire the one who made mincemeat of the other last night. You know, the dude who won MLS Cup last year and almost the CCC this year, only to be stopped by a fifth column of gastrointestinal sabotage.

The question is can Nancy do the same when he doesn't have these players all week to work on his system? I think that was part of GGGs downfall. We need a man manager with a general identity and style of play and let them go to it. If the system is too rigid and precise, we won't improve.

I'm putting that last part on a plaque and hanging it in my basement.

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny
Highlights:
1721327244861.png

1721327293425.png

1721327303907.png

This mickey mouse league changing roster rules in the middle of the season. So preposterous.

The rule is good and will help teams add more depth to their rosters. But changing rules in the middle of a season is farcical.

Reactions: gbservis
This mickey mouse league changing roster rules in the middle of the season. So preposterous.

The rule is good and will help teams add more depth to their rosters. But changing rules in the middle of a season is farcical.

it's not the worst thing. MLS summer transfer window can be game changing for some teams who are looking to make big moves since european teams are looking to do business right now and there's no hindrance of trying to get a player mid european season. if a club has money and DP spots, this will open up a lot of doors for them and allow many teams to sign more quality depth players too.

it's not the worst thing. MLS summer transfer window can be game changing for some teams who are looking to make big moves since european teams are looking to do business right now and there's no hindrance of trying to get a player mid european season. if a club has money and DP spots, this will open up a lot of doors for them and allow many teams to sign more quality depth players too.

Then they should have thought of that in February and made the change then. It's not like this is a different summer window than normal (in fact, last year was the year things got weird when Messi came)

Then they should have thought of that in February and made the change then. It's not like this is a different summer window than normal (in fact, last year was the year things got weird when Messi came)

Implementing it now is better than waiting until 2025. they have been talking about these changes for awhile so it's been in the works. i'm not informed enough to know why they couldn't just make the changes quickly before the 2024 season but it is what it is.

Implementing it now is better than waiting until 2025. they have been talking about these changes for awhile so it's been in the works. i'm not informed enough to know why they couldn't just make the changes quickly before the 2024 season but it is what it is.
I’m gonna guessing teams new about this well before now and have been planning for this window. So while it’s new and weird for us, they are now implementing something they knew was going to happen. But I still agree that it’s silly to change the rules half way through the season

I’m gonna guessing teams new about this well before now and have been planning for this window. So while it’s new and weird for us, they are now implementing something they knew was going to happen. But I still agree that it’s silly to change the rules half way through the season
The news that this was probably happening broke a few months ago.

Which do you think is the better option? I like the extra U-22 spot and $2 million GAM.