Home - 06/17 Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

fuck this bad luck with injuries

I just want to see our best XI on the pitch one fucking time, is that too much to ask?

Throw the next 3 games if that's what it takes to get everyone healthy, I WANT TO SEE US PLAY LIKE I KNOW WE CAN!

This gets more and more frustrating every week.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Here is an updated list of available players for this match. Better than last time, but far from perfect.

Out
Shelton
is still recovering from his hamstring injury.
Maxi tweaked his ankle on Wed night, and appears to be out for Saturday.

Questionable
Chanot
was listed as questionable for the NJ game with a hamstring injury suffered against the Netherlands over the weekend. No update yet on his status.
Matarrita reinjured his ankle in practice. No update on his status for Saturday.
There were rumors that we would continue to rest Herrera after his run at the U20 World Cup, but I have to think he will be available for this game, especially if Maxi can't go.

Roster
This leaves us with the following players available, with questionable players in italics.

Striker: Villa, Okoli
Winger: Harrison, Wallace, TMac, Lewis, Camargo
Mids: Ring, Herrera, Pirlo, Lopez, Stertzer, Awuah
FBs: Matarrita, White, Sweat, Allen, Gomez
CBs: Chanot, Callens, Brillant
GKs: Johnson, Johansen, Rawls

Between Pirlo not retiring, Maxi's injury, Mata's injury, there goes our season. Will we make the playoffs, probably? MLS Cup...
giphy.gif

This is an overreaction. MLS Playoffs are months away. If we get healthy, our starting lineup is firmly top 5 in the league. We just haven't had them all together yet.

Not to mention, we might get summer reinforcements.

For all of you that gave me shit for saying the USOC was a waste of time and an unnecessary risk how do you feel now after a 1-0 loss, Maxi's injury, and a Seattle team coming to town full strength after playing their B team?

Go ahead, have a taste or eat the whole friggan thing..

crow.jpg

For all of you that gave me shit for saying the USOC was a waste of time and an unnecessary risk how do you feel now after a 1-0 loss, Maxi's injury, and a Seattle team coming to town full strength after playing their B team?

View attachment 7161
Still feel the same. Sucks we lost and that maxi got hurt.

View attachment 7161

ill still take the open cup seriously.....the loss could always happen....and the way RB plays maxi could of been hurt in regular season MLS game too no difference there.

seattle was always a strong opponent even with "Fatigue"

so bite me

If you're worried about injuries, maybe we should rest ALL of our players and only play Lopez, McNamara, White, Allen, Camargo, Lewis...every game until the playoffs
Meaningless response, but you know that. Glad you enjoyed your USOC, now we can white knuckle it watching our MF flail on Saturday.

Reactions: JGarrettLieb
Meaningless response, but you know that. Glad you enjoyed your USOC, now we can white knuckle it watching our MF flail on Saturday.
Wasn't a meaningless response, in fact it was quite insightful as was Fantazma Fantazma 's. Injuries can happen any game at any time. I'd rather roll the dice, have a shot at the USOC, and lose than lose without trying. Shit happens and you move on.

Wow, the negative overreacting and hindsight bias today.

*looks outside*

It's a beautiful day in this city that most of us have the privilege to live in. We are suffering from some short term injuries and a disappointing and somewhat unlucky result. We get a chance to wipe that all away on Saturday and another chance to redeem ourselves with something closer to our best 11 on the 24th. Imma get outta here and enjoy the rest of the evening. PLUR.

Status
Not open for further replies.