Home - 7/30 Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can appreciate that almost no one is posting in the Postmatch thread. Let's forget that ever happened and move on. Lot of people went dark after that loss, rightfully so. Not much to say there.

Reactions: sbrylski and joe
I will definitely have a few in her honor.

New York City FC has confirmed that New York native Madison Beer will sing the national anthem at the July 30th match against the Colorado Rapids. Beer trended worldwide on Twitter when superstar Justin Bieber tweeted a link to her cover of Etta James’ “At Last” to his 25 million followers.

On singing the anthem, Beer commented, “I’m incredibly excited to be singing the national anthem at the NYCFC game. It’s such an honor to perform at home in New York and in the iconic Yankee Stadium."

Beer joins the likes of Ashanti, Anthony Ramos, Bernie Williams, Pia Toscano, Kat DeLuna, “MJ” Jimenez and the cast members of the Broadway show On The Town, who have all performed the national anthem at New York City FC matches.​

Reactions: Christopher Jee
There is something to be said about just sitting the older players in general for this game. Giving everyone a rest for the stretch run. We are already missing Villa and probably Pirlo. Why not give Lamps and Iraola a breather as well?

I don't think Vieira will actually do it, but since we are already going against the best team in the league with a fairly crippled lineup, it might benefit us more to help make sure the older guys are fresh.

There is something to be said about just sitting the older players in general for this game. Giving everyone a rest for the stretch run. We are already missing Villa and probably Pirlo. Why not give Lamps and Iraola a breather as well?

I don't think Vieira will actually do it, but since we are already going against the best team in the league with a fairly crippled lineup, it might benefit us more to help make sure the older guys are fresh.
Your suggestion is giving me flashbacks of Eirik Johansen, Diego Martinez, Jefferson Mena, Shannon Gomez, Ethan White, Mix Diskerud, Mikey Lopez, Mehdi Ballouchy. Kwadwo Poku, Khiry Shelton and Patrick Mullins

If they are fit, they need to play. After the way we played on Sunday, the optics would look really bad if it looks like we are just giving up a game, even if the intended effect is to rest them for the long haul. I can just envision the Bronx cheers already if the Rapids embarrass us.

FWIW, both Shelton & Mendoza were training today.

13775979_625940097579450_3195876007072532092_n.jpg

I suspect that the U Pick thread is going to lean more heavily towards our opponent for the first time in U Pick history. Please be sure to pick with your heart, not your head.

Last edited:
I suspect that the U Pick thread is going to lean more heavily towards our opponent for the first time in U Pick history. Please be sure to pick with your heart, not your head.

I picked with my head during the RSL game and was right. Just because you post a score against your team to win doesn't mean you have to root for that outcome. I mean what gain does one get from winning the U Pick anyway?

Reactions: SoupInNYC and JayH
I picked with my head during the RSL game and was right. Just because you post a score against your team to win doesn't mean you have to root for that outcome. I mean what gain does one get from winning the U Pick anyway?

A Mug of Ale should we ever meet and their name permanently etched in the Hall of Victory, of course. And I will pay up if our paths ever cross (although that is unlikely).

I vote with my head and root with my heart, by the way.

I thought that the winner got to sit pitchside with you for each respective following game?

I thought that the winner got to sit pitchside with you for each respective following game?

I run the Guess the Attendance. And only once has it been a prize round, but it's the tunnel seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.