Home - 7/30 Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's unfortunate, but not surprising. I believe this confirms that our CB pairing will most likely be Mena & Brillant, which isn't the worst case as they've partnered up for us the past few weeks. The question now is who will play as our fullbacks. I believe Hernandez will occupy our RB position and Martinez finally makes an appearance and starts on the left side.

PV could also make a surprising change and bring Iraola back to the back line and have Bravo start in the mid..aside from that, I don't see any other directions he can take.

Hope PV goes with the first option. Iraola has played his mind out as our DM.

I cant really see him doing anything more than being on the 18 on Saturday because of our lack of bodies.

That's unfortunate, but not surprising. I believe this confirms that our CB pairing will most likely be Mena & Brillant, which isn't the worst case as they've partnered up for us the past few weeks. The question now is who will play as our fullbacks. I believe Hernandez will occupy our RB position and Martinez finally makes an appearance and starts on the left side.

PV could also make a surprising change and bring Iraola back to the back line and have Bravo start in the mid..aside from that, I don't see any other directions he can take.

Hope PV goes with the first option. Iraola has played his mind out as our DM.
I think you are exactly right about what we'll see. If so, I hope Martinez is at least strong so that he can firmly establish himself as the reserve LB.

I think Bravo is actually suspended also, so if PV moves Iraola to RB, it would have to be Lopez at DM. Seems much less likely he goes that route, though.

I think you are exactly right about what we'll see. If so, I hope Martinez is at least strong so that he can firmly establish himself as the reserve LB.

I think Bravo is actually suspended also, so if PV moves Iraola to RB, it would have to be Lopez at DM. Seems much less likely he goes that route, though.
I think Iraola will start at DM and then will move to RB in case anything were to happen to either fullback, with Mikey sliding in at DM.

Our depth along the defensive backline for this match is crazy thin.

It's the kind of match where Poku could get us a 1-1 draw ... oh never mind

Formation Prediction:

--Taylor/Mendoza---Shelton---Harrison---
------------Tmac---------Lampard------------
---------------------Iraola-----------------------
--Martinez---Brillant---Mena--Hernandez-
--------------------Saunders--------------------

I think PV places priority on minimizing the disruption to the midfield and trusts TMACs positioning. I don't know what's going on with Mix and while I'd rather have TMac on the wing and Mix starting in the CM spot it's hard to imagine a guy going from not making the bench to starting. Shelton while not ideal is the most natural ST back up assuming he's fit. Dreading the possible Lopez start.

Formation Prediction:

--Taylor/Mendoza---Shelton---Harrison---
------------Tmac---------Lampard------------
---------------------Iraola-----------------------
--Martinez---Brillant---Mena--Hernandez-
--------------------Saunders--------------------

I think PV places priority on minimizing the disruption to the midfield and trusts TMACs positioning. I don't know what's going on with Mix and while I'd rather have TMac on the wing and Mix starting in the CM spot it's hard to imagine a guy going from not making the bench to starting. Shelton while not ideal is the most natural ST back up assuming he's fit. Dreading the possible Lopez start.
I think i would play Iraola next to Bravo, but either way its not a winning lineup. Not excited for this game

I think i would play Iraola next to Bravo, but either way its not a winning lineup. Not excited for this game

I think Bravo is suspended as well. Either way I agree not our most competitive line up. Ideally we pack it in and hope to catch them on a counter. Unfortunately that's the same way Colorado plays so no idea how that plays out.

I think Bravo is suspended as well. Either way I agree not our most competitive line up. Ideally we pack it in and hope to catch them on a counter. Unfortunately that's the same way Colorado plays so no idea how that plays out.
Have we ever played to a 0-0 draw?????

Reactions: gbservis
Once.
Last year.
Against
(wait for it)

Colorado.
3a116884945f870924f1ffd3f36fc015.jpg

FWIW, Pirlo may be back in NY right now. One of my coworkers, a big big soccer fan, claims she saw him in the building at an event with Inter. I saw a pic and it definitely looked like his hair and beard, though only 1/4-1/3 of his face was showing. Not that it means anything, but there's a chance he took a knock in SJ, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.