Jack Harrison to Manchester City - Official

It's the total transfer fee dollars that are allocated between NYCFC and MLS. Given the transfer fee is already where it is, even if it's 1/2 or 2/3, we're arriving at NYCFC's cut above $650K USD, thus we'll receive the maximum allowable of GAM.
Oops, I'm a moron.

I know we joke about the endless reserves of cash available that CFG splash around but they run NYCFC has a business. They have a budget and they stick to it. They expect this venture to be a profitable venture and not some vanity project.

Don't for a second think that CFG is overlooking the impact of putting $2-3 million back into the NYCFC project. That pays for a lot of futsal pitches in the South Bronx and Queens.

Ugh, I was letting myself get hopeful that the deal would fall through seeing him in preseason, but that's squashed it all again. Still not a done deal, but I am resigning myself to him being gone

As far as the squad is concerned I don't see any incentive for NYCFC to sell before summer, when TAM rules might make it possible to buy down Maxi.

If we take this offer it'll be strictly because the front office figures we're not likely to get a better one for Jack. Six million would be the second-biggest sale in MLS history after Jozy to Villarreal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know we joke about the endless reserves of cash available that CFG splash around but they run NYCFC has a business. They have a budget and they stick to it. They expect this venture to be a profitable venture and not some vanity project.

Don't for a second think that CFG is overlooking the impact of putting $2-3 million back into the NYCFC project. That pays for a lot of futsal pitches in the South Bronx and Queens.
Those futsal pitches better be the equivalent of sunk marketing costs or angel gifts from CFG to the city.

Reactions: Kjbert
As far as the squad is concerned I don't see any incentive for NYCFC to sell before summer, when TAM rules might make it possible to buy down Medina.

If we take this offer it'll be strictly because the front office figures we're not likely to get a better one for Jack. Six million would be the second-biggest sale in MLS history after Jozy to Villarreal.

If we take this offer it could be for a number of reasons. It could be that he's submitted a transfer request and they've just kept it hush-hush. It could be that PV did a deal with him where he wouldn't stand in the way if a transfer bid of a certain value came in provided he assert himself over last season, or that his contract contained a clause where the club would seriously consider any offer from a PL club so long as it met certain requirements. I'm sure there's a good few reasons why the FO could see it as an offer they should consider the offer without it just being a case of maximising profits.

Reactions: SoupInNYC and adam
If we take this offer it could be for a number of reasons. It could be that he's submitted a transfer request and they've just kept it hush-hush. It could be that PV did a deal with him where he wouldn't stand in the way if a transfer bid of a certain value came in provided he assert himself over last season, or that his contract contained a clause where the club would seriously consider any offer from a PL club so long as it met certain requirements. I'm sure there's a good few reasons why the FO could see it as an offer they should consider the offer without it just being a case of maximising profits.

Oh we're way past hush hush transfer requests and deciding whether to consider offers. Jack's going to move at some point, just a matter of when and how much.

Moving up to a bigger club is the right goal, but it is always hard to suss out whether a given situation is a good one. For every Cameron or Howard or Yedlin, there is an Agudelo or Shea. Are things working out for Miazga? Still hard to say.

How much of that is on the situation and how much is the talent of the player? Based on how both Shea and Agudelo have performed upon their return to the MLS it seems like the talent evaluation mechanisms did their job by identifying Cameron, Howard and Yedlin as being up the the challenge and Agudelo and Shea as not talented enough. From what we are seeing from him now Shea in particular could have gone to the best possible situation and likely still would have failed as he's just not good.

Reactions: Marito
Jack signed a GA contract with MLS before he was drafted. I doubt they would put in a special clause like that. The idea that our club can be a launch pad for talented young players who want to make the leap to Europe because of our Man City relationship is very beneficial for player recruitment purposes.

Sure, that is true, and I won't claim to know the playing time situations would be for him at Stoke or whatever other teams may be interested in buying him; because I don't. Jack needs to figure out what does work out best for him. If he can get solid PT at Stoke, that sounds like a great situation for him.

Lol

Stoke valuation - 174m
NYCFC valuation - 20.7m

And if you thinks NYCFC is a bigger club than Stoke...

LOL! :p We are talking Billions:moneybag:yes that's with a B, not millions. Stoke :smoking: who?

Manchester City ranked as the world's most financially powerful club By Aimee Lewis, CNN Updated 5:57 AM ET, Thu January 4, 2018

According to the Guardian, the corporation which owns the club (City Football Group) already owns, or co-owns, six clubs on four continents and the contracts of 240 male professional players and two dozen women as it seeks to dominate football globally.

So for Jack to staying in the "City System/Franchises" like Patrick Vieira did, who played and is now coaching. I'm thinking long-term. Not just a one or two-year deal, that may or may not pan out.

Last edited:
LOL! :p We are talking Billions yes that's with a B, not millions. Stoke who?

Manchester City ranked as the world's most financially powerful club By Aimee Lewis, CNN Updated 5:57 AM ET, Thu January 4, 2018

According to the Guardian, the corporation which owns the club (City Football Group) already owns, or co-owns, six clubs on four continents and the contracts of 240 male professional players and two dozen women as it seeks to dominate football globally.

We are talking billions not millions.

So for Jack to staying in the "City System/Franchises" like Patrick Vieira did, who played and is now coaching. I'm thinking long-term. Not just a one or two-year deal.

CFG runs MCFC on a much difference budget than they run NYCFC

Reactions: Fake Jew
Unless you think he sucks as a player, why do you think he will sit on the bench? And if you think he sucks as a player, then why do you care?

Yes, I like Jack Harrison as a player. I think he's excellent for our New York City soccer franchise, and that's why he should stay here, and if was my decision he would stay!

Don't want everyone to over hype a young player too much and inflate is head.

Last edited:
Don't want to over hype a young player too much and inflate is head. Like most of you guys did - Kwadwo Poku-who...

Kwadwo Poku is a Ghanaian professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for FC Anzhi Makhachkala in the Russian Premier League.

"I can see Russia from my house" ;)

ican-see-russia-from-my-house-i-can-see-russia-14998773.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Angela Miller
Don't want to over hype a young player too much and inflate is head. Like most of you guys did - Kwadwo Poku-who...

Kwadwo Poku is a Ghanaian professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for FC Anzhi Makhachkala in the Russian Premier League.

"I can see Russia from my house" ;)

View attachment 7956
Better league than MLS TBF

Who the fuck is this guy?

ETA: bet he’s from Long Island. adam adam confirms?
giphy.gif

Latest update from the Sentinel:
"Sports Illustrated are claiming in the US that Stoke are on the brink of landing New York City star Jack Harrison for £4.2m, as we reported yesterday. However, they also claim the Potters used Stoke-born Harrison’s family connections in the city to edge out rival interest from the likes of Leicester City and West Ham. Harrison’s dad, John Giblin, played up front for non-league clubs across North Staffordshire and now manages the Butchers Arms Sunday league team in Forsbrook"

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-news-transfer-rumours-1115207

Leicester City would be an interesting choice for him. They play their young guys, but he would be behind Mahrez and Grey at minimum.

Reactions: Christopher Jee