Jefferson Mena Officially Signed

So we now know we are up against it with the international spots, if we want to add Tefu, we need another one.
The other thing to keep in mind is that those spots are temporary. Fortunately, we'll get LA's for two years, but we'll have to negotiate for one to replace the one we got from DC United after next year.

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not positive if the International Spot counts for two calendar seasons or two seasons from the day you make the trade. If it's the former, the DC spot and the Galaxy spot both expire after next season.

Last time I posed FIFA ratings I got yelled at because I didn't use the more accurate sofifa: http://sofifa.com/player/214192?hl=en-GB

He's 67/70 on there with pretty good pace and terrible positioning.

Mashamaite is 69/69 with much better positioning, but kind of slow: http://sofifa.com/player/203731?hl=en-GB

Does anyone know how EA Sports actually manages their player ratings? It's a ton of players, do they actually have a scouting network of some sorts or is it just a couple guys in an office in Vancouver making shit up? (Wow, what a gig, btw.)

Reactions: Kjbert
Last time I posed FIFA ratings I got yelled at because I didn't use the more accurate sofifa: http://sofifa.com/player/214192?hl=en-GB

Mashamaite is 69/69 with much better positioning, but kind of slow: http://sofifa.com/player/203731?hl=en-GB

Does anyone know how EA Sports actually manages their player ratings? It's a ton of players, do they actually have a scouting network of some sorts or is it just a couple guys in an office in Vancouver making shit up? (Wow, what a gig, btw.)
It's handled by fans essentially, who work with EA Sports to keep things current. It's crazy but I still think it's a decent overall view of players, as funny as it sounds.

I'm sure Jefferson is a decent pick, but this by no means solves the problem of defensive wholes. Expect Wingert and Facey this weekend, with Angelino and Iraola in fullbacks.

It's handled by fans essentially, who work with EA Sports to keep things current. It's crazy but I still think it's a decent overall view of players, as funny as it sounds.

I'm sure Jefferson is a decent pick, but this by no means solves the problem of defensive wholes. Expect Wingert and Facey this weekend, with Angelino and Iraola in fullbacks.

Definitely way to early to say the CB woes are solved. You know who else has decent speed and is physical? KWS. And he sucks.

Isn't Hernandez close to returning? I thought he was probable last week. I'm holding out hope that either him or Tefu will be signed and starting this week next to Facey.

Funny enough, I just checked him on Football Manager. According to their database, he's right in the skill wheelhouse of an average MLS centerback. His potential's not altogether too high, but he's athletic enough to be successful, even if his mental stats are pretty average.

Reactions: whill4 and Kjbert
Funny enough, I just checked him on Football Manager. According to their database, he's right in the skill wheelhouse of an average MLS centerback. His potential's not altogether too high, but he's athletic enough to be successful, even if his mental stats are pretty average.
The guys from FM are probably the most up to date of any sim football game.

lol...I find the fifa ratings for guys such as Mena or players who are playing in some obscure league very funny. Like you mean to tell me there is someone at EA who has watched even a game of said player on said team in said league, to give ratings? I understand it has to be done because you know this is what you promised to do when you have all of these teams in the game but yea, like you said the all important fifa rating lol...good stuff.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT

My guess is that they have a couple of blokes in the office making things up. I would be shocked if anyone at EA actually watched on Independente game, even a half of it.

In order to find space for Mena on their squad, NYCFC traded allocation money for an international roster slot in 2015 and 2016 from the Los Angeles Galaxy.

Definitely tell Garber was involved here. Prob had Galaxy give up a spot so we can sign him and gave them enough $$ Garber dollars to sign Santos

I don't think that Menu will get his visa and everything to play in the New England game. That being said, following the New England game, Kwame will be left at Gillette Stadium as the NYCFC bus travels away.

Reactions: Kjbert
Too bad we have to wait until the end of the month for Mena to actually start playing. We don't even have a spare CB for the bench this week.
Is there a chance that Tefu signs before the weekend? Since he's been on trial, maybe the paperwork is easier to get done in time.

(I'm reaching here.)

Reactions: BlueWarrior
Watch out for KWS and that blistering 45 sprint speed.

They missed the strongest stat for KWS:
814488-madden_013.jpg

The 1v1 moments in that video are encouraging. If he can hawk a ball like that in MLS, we could have a gem on our hands.

I, like many of you, still want to see that Tefu signing happen though.

Reactions: BlueWarrior