Jefferson Mena Officially Signed

My question is why the club doesn't make any announcement on Tefu's future with us?Did he impress or not?

I think the silence from the club corroborates the story we are hearing out of South Africa, as discussed in the Tefu thread.

I heard that his agent went back to South Africa to fix Tefu's international papers and we were promised more update about that but we heard nothing even his agent said"He"ll make statement on Monday or today."

Reactions: Kjbert
The 1v1 moments in that video are encouraging. If he can hawk a ball like that in MLS, we could have a gem on our hands.

I, like many of you, still want to see that Tefu signing happen though.

I may not agree with everything kreis does, but one thing he knows is his colombian center backs.

except for mendoza. Although he is ecuadorian so ill make an exception.

Reactions: gbservis
Jamison Olave. Dear lord, imagine having him in his prime here now? Amazing. Oh to dream!

I think Olave played at Deportivo Cali.

Exactly; man olave used to be simply amazing. Fast, strong, leadership ability. The man had it all.

To dream oh to dream...

This guy is big and strong. His problem will be adjusting to mls speed and horrible officiating. We need to keep Calle and Sebastian so they can all support each other. Villa has Pablo and Angelino. I also think Pirlo needs an italian support in the team.

This guy is big and strong. His problem will be adjusting to mls speed and horrible officiating. We need to keep Calle and Sebastian so they can all support each other. Villa has Pablo and Angelino. I also think Pirlo needs an italian support in the team.

Lol it's a professional soccer team with grown men making hundreds of thousands (and a few million a year) not a bring your best buddy study abroad program ;)

He's got all of Staten Island for that.

This isnt Fifa Ultimate team. Velasquez isnt going to suddenly become better on the pitch because hes playing next to a fellow colombian Calle. Hes still going to be shit.

I agree, i just think it makes the transition easier.

I think it helps with the younger guys like Mena, Calle and Angelino. I doubt we would even have Angelino here without Villa and Iraola around to act as mentors. I dont think it really matters to guys like Pirlo and Villa.

My question is why the club doesn't make any announcement on Tefu's future with us?Did he impress or not?

It's generally regarded as a bad idea for a major team to comment on the outcome of a player trial. If the club says that the player wasn't good enough it can create antagonism, especially if the player thinks he's still in with a shot of staying, but worse is if you say that the player performed really well and people want to keep him around, as his agent will typically use that as a good excuse to turn up in the office the following day and demand a whole load on the salary demands he was previously negotiating. Even saying that you have agreed a contract and the player should be signed soon can be risky if another club really wants the player and uses it as a springboard to launch an eleventh-hour bid to blow you out of the water.

There's a good reason why most top clubs generally don't comment on player signings until they're done, these days.