Jersey Red Bulls

Micprobes

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Dec 7, 2014
Honestly, they should just rename their team Jersey Red Bulls, am I right? I feel like it would make total sense.
Theyre actually IN New Jersey.
New Jersey doesn't have a team.
It would probably open up a whole new market for them.
They seem to be wanting to start fresh anyways.
The name even sounds better than New York Red Bulls.

This isn't rocket science, people.

Why are the teams in NJ (Jets, Giants, Red Bulls) called NY teams anyway?

Been saying this or fifteen years.
It's a no brainer, it's foreward thinking in terms of the regional market
and expanding their presence into central New Jersey.
It supports the development happening in and around Harrison, and I
think would push an emerging young soccer fanbase colony there.
And, it's honest.
They consistently underestimate the value of such a change.
You want a genuine rivalry, make it genuine.

Its all marketing. Sponsors will pay more for a NY team. You call them NJ and you might as well have them in indianapolis. Thats why the anaheim angels put LA in their name.
Sure having "New York" in your name is a big deal but if they make the right moves with their organization, bring in big name players and win something, I dont think they'd have any problem with marketing/sponsorship.

Think of it this way. Leo Stolz said he would playing NY or LA. He is playing in NJ, why? because they call them selves NY and not NJ

I still think if you make the right moves you can have a winning team no matter where you're located and players want to play for a winning team as well. It's not only about hot locations. Yes, I agree it's a big factor but its not everything. Look at the NBAs Oklahoma City Thunder... They've been a top NBA team for how many years now? I'd imagine there's a good number of NBA stars that would move to butt-fuck OKC in the good chance of winning a championship.

Oklahoma City: Possibility of a good time? No.
Good chance of winning a championship? Yes.

New Jersey: Cool place to live? No.
Could it be with a cup winning soccer team: Maybe?

At least for the Giants (I'm not sure about the Jets) they were actually located and played in NY when they were formed. So, they were legitimately named NY

Same with the jets, started as the titans of new york and played at the polo grounds and then at Shea as the Jets until like the mid 80s i think.

Honestly, they should just rename their team Jersey Red Bulls, am I right? I feel like it would make total sense.
Theyre actually IN New Jersey.
New Jersey doesn't have a team.
It would probably open up a whole new market for them.
They seem to be wanting to start fresh anyways.
The name even sounds better than New York Red Bulls.

This isn't rocket science, people.

I think that since 1996.................

With the state of current non-DP salaries, I wonder where guys who play on NYRB and NYCFC will be living? Good chance in Jersey. :eek:

Honestly, I feel for the guys who are making the league minimum and have to try to live in the NYC metro area.

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
Yes it has been a while since my last post. Anyway, the Metrostars were never an exclusively NY Team. They were originally labeled NY/NJ Metrostars. The reason was when the league first formed,they projeted a team in both NJ and NY. The NY club was supposed to be called Empire Soccer Club (hence Empire Supporters Club for the supporters group). The problem was the New Jersey projected club couldn't find an investors group. NY had MetroMedia. However the NY club couldn't find a decent stadium to play in. So what the league did was combine the two franchise slots and had them play in Giants Stadium, which sucked by the way. The team also ended up chnging there name to Metrostars,NIKE wanted Metroflash but the team said no. So the team should not be called NJ or even NY for that matter, they represent the entire metro area.
That is my rant, and I'm sticking to it. ~Y.U.