Kamara to NYCFC?

columbus doesnt really get much....weird i expected a player to go to columbus too. i mean they could use that international spot in the summer window....but it seems they need wins now and this doesnt help
Unless they've just given up on the season or first half of the season as adidas gave up on making a decent kit for them. Possibly start a mini rebuild or something this summer picking up a foreign DP or use that TAM/GAM crap towards a viable forward or two.

columbus doesnt really get much....weird i expected a player to go to columbus too. i mean they could use that international spot in the summer window....but it seems they need wins now and this doesnt help

I don't think Columbus had much leverage, everyone in the league knew they needed to dump him and the clock was ticking. I was actually surprised they got as much as they did.

Disagree. That trade is a MASSIVE haul for an MLS trade. They received GAM, TAM, two draft picks, an international spot and have a sell-on clause. That's probably the biggest haul I've ever seen for an internal MLS move.

I don't know how you could possibly get more than what they received. They also must have another signing in mind for the summer considering what they received back.

Did New England have an open DP slot? That limited the Crew's market as well.

Looking forward, it will be interesting to see if this makes enough of a difference for the Revs. They only have 1 win in their first 11 games, which is close to our start last year with 1 win in the first 13.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert

It was always going to be a fire sale. That said, we don't know how much TAM and GAM they received, and with the international spot, they can now go into the market and find a new DP pretty easily.

he's with the Revs now, I would love it if we went and got Charlie Davies. One of my favorite USMNT players ever

It would be great to get Charlie Davies, or at least see him get to a place where he can really shine. He deserves it after all he has been through.

I don't think you can really evaluate it at this point.

We don't know how much GAM and TAM were involved.

2nd round draft picks aren't super valuable.

International slots apparently grow on trees.

We don't know what percentage of the sell on fee Columbus gets.

I'm suprised there wasn't another player involved, even if he wouldn't have nearly been at Kei's level.

Reactions: Viewfrom226
Did New England have an open DP slot? That limited the Crew's market as well.

Looking forward, it will be interesting to see if this makes enough of a difference for the Revs. They only have 1 win in their first 11 games, which is close to our start last year with 1 win in the first 13.

They had Jermaine Jones' spot. I believe the guy they have coming in from Switzerland is not on a DP deal - they are using TAM to pay his salary down.

Columbus received more for Kamara than New England received for Jermaine Jones. Probably the best comparison we could make.

Reactions: Paul and mgarbowski
Kamara kinda killed us with Columbus, but with NER, they're going to be hard to beat. Thankfully, Columbus should now be two wins.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think this is good for us on both fronts. Both teams will be a mess for the rest of the year. Kamara is going to have to start for NE right away, and it is going to take time for them to adapt to a completely different type of forward. Also, Davies and Agudelo are not slouches so taking one of them off the field reduced Kamaras ultimate impact. For the crew, they lose a HUGE threat, a guy who allowed their other guys to work the defense. I'd say both are not playoff teams, add in DC, and our chances go way up.

Reactions: Ulrich and Seth
According to ESPN, the Crew received "a record amount of allocation money in the trade":

A source said the amount of targeted and general allocation money involved is in excess of $300,000, more than what the Chicago Fire received last year when they executed a sign-and-trade that sent Didier Drogba to the Montreal Impact.​

Kamara kinda killed us with Columbus, but with NER, they're going to be hard to beat. Thankfully, Columbus should now be two wins.
Kai now has to learn to play on turf. Don't discount that he may misjudge a lot of shots this year.

Regarding the Crew, I wouldn't be surprised to see Higuain turn up the gas and really take control.

The Revs might have more of a problem handling Kamara's ego rather than slotting him into the lineup; feeding a striker balls is still feeding a striker balls, after all (to greatly oversimplify).

Regarding the Crew, I wouldn't be surprised to see Higuain turn up the gas and really take control.

The Revs might have more of a problem handling Kamara's ego rather than slotting him into the lineup; feeding a striker balls is still feeding a striker balls, after all (to greatly oversimplify).
Have you seen some of the misses our forwards have made this year with good service?

Columbus will struggle to score this year. Their entire attack is based off of the ability to play the ball into Kamara.

It will be interesting to see how Kamara and Lee Nguyen partner.

Reactions: Schwallacus