Lampard Finally Speaks! Interview W/the Times

“I have signed for New York,”

No he hasn't. We already know this. EPL, MCFC and MLS have all said that he didn't sign with NYCFC.

Not that many of us really know who or what to believe regarding the situation, but I don't know if you have read the Reyna interview from today on mlssoccer.com. (Link Here)
New York City FC Director of Football Claudio Reyna, in an interview with MLSsoccer.com, reiterated his comments in a Friday New York Times report that Lampard signed on Thursday night an MLS contract that will begin on July 1.
"...as it stands now he’s on a Manchester City Football Club contract, which he signed in the summer and it was extended. So he has a New York City FC contract agreed and signed which starts, as I said, when he joins up with team [in July]"
Supposedly a contract was signed by Lampard yesterday, Jan 8.

Not that many of us really know who or what to believe regarding the situation, but I don't know if you have read the Reyna interview from today on mlssoccer.com. (Link Here)

Yes, I'm aware of that, but Frank is referring to this past summer in the article when it was first announced. He never signed with NYCFC, just a pre-contract agreement.

So that should be the end of it. He's coming July 1st, end of story.

Reactions: lostblue
So that should be the end of it. He's coming July 1st, end of story.

Unfortunately, that's not the end of the story. We were all deceived by CFG, MCFC, NYCFC, MLS and Lampard. And now Kreis is drinking the Kool-aid hard. I want this to go away too, but don't pass it off like it's not a big deal. It is.

I think we have to look at the big picture and that's that we made so much noise and brought so much attention to this issue that CFG went into full panic mode and damage control and started releasing statements left and right.
It's been said before that CFG doesn't like bad press. Chalk this one up as a huge win for the supporters of NYCFC.
I am taking solace that although we're not getting what we were promised, or the truth, and although in the end I think everyone we are mad at will skate, Dan is right. I smell squirming, and scrambling. MCFC released their 5 points today with the BS error language, and almost every paper not only called it fraud but said MC "admitted" deception, after MC was careful not to really admit anything. Then MC had to walk back one of the 5 points about a short term contract after the PL said it was illegal. Frankie released a statement, then felt he had to give an interview to further explain himself. Kreis talked. MLS people are giving their own statements. This is the fun part.

Ultimately this is why us fans have to create as big of a shitstorm as possible when it's clear that the FO isn't doing things right. We could have instead accepted everything and they would have kept quiet and waited for it to go away. DONT YOU EVER LET ANYONE TELL YOU NOT TO VOICE YOUR DISCONTENT. Just be nice to fellow forum members :D

The terminology used in the interview answers sounds a lot like what I heard my rep tell me.

What that means to anyone is up to them. Eta: guess that means that this is the "truth" according to the CFG family, and that we can like it or not. For me, I still don't like it. I'm not quitting on the club . I am just going to be exactly the sort of loud mouth, malcontent, entitled ***** that gets a customized away shirt with "never forget 12/31" on the back. Never forget.

And I'll make no bones about the fact that Lampard was never a favorite of mine anyway. But when you have an opinion about someone based upon years of reporting regarding the outstanding character of a guy and his best mate John Terry, then you decide to reconsider based upon him signing for your team, and then you get gobsmacked with this scenario, it's going to be hard to forgive and forget.

Once bitten and all...

That a grown ass man could be as naive as he portrays himself in this interview can only be described one way, "SHOCKING MATE".
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

So it becomes apparent Frank will stay with Manchester but someone at CFG had a nagging feeling that maybe Frank could help out Manchester....so they get CFG to sign him to a CFG contract with the break clause so that Frank can essentially audition to cover while Yaya is away at AFCON. If he does ok, they'll keep Frank until the start of the MLS season, if he proves to be too old, we'll ship him off to America at the end of December.
I even guessed it was Pellegrini that orchestrated it.

Obviously, I got the break clause wrong but how could I know they'd change the story (again!)?

Reactions: mgarbowski
Ultimately this is why us fans have to create as big of a shitstorm as possible when it's clear that the FO isn't doing things right. We could have instead accepted everything and they would have kept quiet and waited for it to go away. DONT YOU EVER LET ANYONE TELL YOU NOT TO VOICE YOUR DISCONTENT. Just be nice to fellow forum members :D
I am with you. I am satisfied with the way this turned out. I understand why people were angry with the deception (I was too), but how more do you want from Lampard, CFG or NYCFC? They basically came clean and Lampard is finally signed. People can stay angry and accept nothing but a full mea culpa from all parties or we can accept this as a learning experience and move on. Life and soccer are too short as it is.

With that said... fuck this guy:
Newcastle-United-v-Manchester-City-Capital-One-Cup.jpg
Who knows how much he had to do with this situation, but everything he said pissed me off.

Uhhh...I expect them to honor their agreements and not screw us over.

Saying "yeah I screwed you over but I'm still going to be there someday!" isn't enough.

Whether they set out to screw us or not is of little relevance to me.

Reactions: Drainyoo
If is going to be a real New York player, he should have spoken to the correct Times...The New York Times. Or more like the Post. The crazy story seems like it would be on page 6.

He's apologizing to Chelsea fans, not to NYCFC fans. This changes nothing.

Not that his apology were ever necessary for me - he's a footballer and he doesn't owe us anything. The problem remains CFG and its treatment of NYCFC.

Reactions: danger and Drainyoo