Lampard Finally Speaks! Interview W/the Times

And this line from Kreis just goes over the top on telling fans to piss off. "I think it’s been confusing for a lot of people and I’m not sure that I understand why,”

Gee, maybe it was because the NYCFC website has been telling us incorrectly that he has been signed as a DP since last summer Jason.

Again, there was a way for Reyna and Kreis to toe the company line while still being respectful to NYCFC fans. MCFC already conceded that listing Lampard on the NYCFC website as a DP was an "error." Kries and Reyna could therefore at least acknowledge that while staying within CFG guidelines. They chose otherwise.

EDIT: for typo and clarity.

You can read that 2 ways though, as a fuck you to us fans or to MC/CFG.

Either he said: The fans were confused and I'm not sure why/what there was to be confused about.

Or: The fans were confused and I'm not sure why it was handled in such a confusing way.

The second reading I would completely agree with and fits with Kreis' "I'm surprised nothing has been announced yet" comment.

(Also Everton just took a point against City, so maybe I'm feeling a bit generous) :cool:

You can read that 2 ways though, as a fuck you to us fans or to MC/CFG.

Either he said: The fans were confused and I'm not sure why/what there was to be confused about.

Or: The fans were confused and I'm not sure why it was handled in such a confusing way.

The second reading I would completely agree with and fits with Kreis' "I'm surprised nothing has been announced yet" comment.

(Also Everton just took a point against City, so maybe I'm feeling a bit generous) :cool:
That's a generous reading. Might be easier to tell if we had video. And MC is two points off again as you note, and this morning's news makes it clear that we are incentivized to root for that.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
This topic has become like an ouroboros:

ouroboros_by_chadoside-d604hbr.jpg

There will be no new information forthcoming until he either shows up or doesn't show up on July 1 (which would be 6 weeks of rest after the end of the BPL season).

Decide if you are angry about it or not. Decide if you are keeping your tickets or not. But to keep rehashing the same crap is like a massive snake eating itself circle jerk.

I was pissed. Now I'm just looking forward to the season.

Join me and free yourself from anger.

Asking why he signed a MCFC contract is one thing, but why didn't he sign a MLS contract back in July? Did Villa not have a contract? What about Kaka in Orlando? If Frank is to be believed and it was 100% MLS from the start, why didn't he have an MLS deal?

Because "NYCFC didn't exist yet", remember? That's where his agent's bullshit statement comes in to fill that little hole in the story.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
Reyna, Kreis, Villa and everyone else at the club must have been doing charity work for City up until that point...

You're right, we probably should move on from the Lampard thing on here...

But come game day, I sure as hell plan to share my thoughts with a wider audience...

Agreed. I'm ready to move on. They screwed us and it seems like no one is really going to own up. It's over. Looking forward to the season, can't wait actually, but Lampard will be the first and last athlete that I ever boo. He deserves it. And I'm still rocking the away jersey all season.

I don't think he was being smug. Lost in translation was my perception when I saw his Lampard interviews.

lol, i said nothing about MC. bitch about them all you want. it's a problem that they need a loan so badly.

but it's unfair to criticize lampard/any of the NYC staff.
It's not at all unfair to criticize them for lying to season ticket holders. Not at all.

I agree, I have enough "closure" at this point. I'm ready to get excited about the season.

we could just continue to be angry though

LOUD NOISES

This topic has become like an ouroboros:

ouroboros_by_chadoside-d604hbr.jpg

There will be no new information forthcoming until he either shows up or doesn't show up on July 1 (which would be 6 weeks of rest after the end of the BPL season).

Decide if you are angry about it or not. Decide if you are keeping your tickets or not. But to keep rehashing the same crap is like a massive snake eating itself circle jerk.

I was pissed. Now I'm just looking forward to the season.

Join me and free yourself from anger.

amen...

... thanks for opting not to use an actual circle jerk picture.

Jesus Christ, give it a fucking rest you miserable fuckers.

Lampard's clearly a decent guy and professional who'll give his all when he joins in July.
Pellegrini's not a *****, just a manager trying to do the best for his team, regardless of anyone else.
Yes CFG are opaque, that's how they work. It's been pretty successful for MCFC.
Yes it was a PR mess, but we need to get over it.
We have built a side capable of a serious challenge for the play-offs
Reyna, Kreis and Soriano are still adding and looking for more quality players to add to this already talented roster.
We're looking to bring in Mix.
We already have the best player in MLS.
We have another world class player joining for the run-in in the second half of the season.
We have a fantastic manager.
We have a fantastic director of football.

Let's get excited for our debut season, roll on Orlando!

Lampard's clearly a decent guy and professional who'll give his all when he joins in July.
Pellegrini's not a *****, just a manager trying to do the best for his team, regardless of anyone else.
Reyna, Kreis and Soriano are still adding and looking for more quality players to add to this already talented roster.
We have another world class player joining for the run-in in the second half of the season.

Half the posts here today are either people being sick of it. Or people like you blessing us with your keen observational power. None were in the last 3 hours.

Nonetheless, thanks. I'd be lost without your guidance.

Tl;dr

Lampard's interview made me more comfortable about July and his arrival to the Club. My comments and likes have been all about slamming the situation but everyone has to admit that nobody on the planet including Frank, Pellegrini, Kreis, Reyna, CFG, MCFC and NYCFC thought Lampard would be MCFC's 3rd leading scorer on January 11th back in July when the misguided PR about the Lampard deal kicked off.

I'd like to voice my words here, as I haven't made a sound around here since this all went down. I can't forget the fact that Pellegrini said 400x leading up to 12/31 it would be up to Lampard if he wanted to stay or leave for NYC. At this point, I don't believe a single word that anyone has to say. I'd also like to remind everyone that players, coaches and just about everyone else is only temporary. Support the other guys that are out at the event's and on twitter hyping it up and are excited to be here and rep NYC. My home jersey and possibly away jersey will proudly be rocked with David Villa across the back, since day one (give or take AUS) Villa has been living here and moved his family here. I wish more people backed him. The same way Lampard made it known he didn't want to be here and rather stay at MC you all better believe that dare he step a foot on the pitch at YS, I will make it known to him that he should have stayed in MC. Also for the sake of beating a dead horse, let's remember his 9/11 fiasco. Last, just to back myself up from mccc fanboys (and as I've stated before) I don't give no shits about CFG or MCFC. For me this has everything to do with Lampard and the people we have in charge bending over and flipping us off in the middle of it all.

Reactions: Paul and NYCFCFan10