Lampard Finally Speaks! Interview W/the Times

I am with you. I am satisfied with the way this turned out. . . .

With that said... fuck this guy:
Newcastle-United-v-Manchester-City-Capital-One-Cup.jpg
Who knows how much he had to do with this situation, but everything he said pissed me off.
I have no issues with Pellegrini. He acted in his team's best interest, and never lied to its fans. He was our most reliable source of information for weeks. None of the above is true of NYC leadership Soriano, Reyna or Kreis, who spoke despicably yesterday.

Last edited:
The fact is I signed with New York, then I signed for Man City in the interim and now it has been extended.

Can this be the end of it?

Good lord, yes!

This is it. Sure, there are some ancillary facts that are unique because of the CFG ownership model, but this is the story. Frank signed to play with MLS, was asked to play with MC in the interim to stay fit, remarkably exceeded expectations there, and was extended through the end of the season as a result.

That is all. People here can hate Frank, but it's an irrational response. People here can jump ship, but that's a gross overreaction.

There wouldn't even have been a story here if Frank was as washed up as everyone said he was. I'm looking forward to never having to discuss/read about this topic again.

Good lord, yes!

This is it. Sure, there are some ancillary facts that are unique because of the CFG ownership model, but this is the story. Frank signed to play with MLS, was asked to play with MC in the interim to stay fit, remarkably exceeded expectations there, and was extended through the end of the season as a result.

That is all. People here can hate Frank, but it's an irrational response. People here can jump ship, but that's a gross overreaction.

There wouldn't even have been a story here if Frank was as washed up as everyone said he was. I'm looking forward to never having to discuss/read about this topic again.
So what you're saying is...

Lampard got what he wanted.
Manchester got what they wanted.
But New York and its fans get fucked.

But Lampard is calmly explaining that he and Manchester are fucking us over so I guess that wraps it up and puts a bow on it?

Why was anyone upset here, on a NY forum?

Last edited:
I have no issues with Pellegrini. He acted in his team's best interest, and never lied to its fans. He was our most reliable source of information for weeks. None of the above is true of NYC leadership Soriano, Reyna or Kreis, who spoke despicably yesterday.
I agree. He didn't have to be so damned smug about it though.

So what you're saying is...

Lampard got what he wanted.
Manchester got what they wanted.
But New York and its fans get fucked.

But Lampard is calmly explaining that he and Manchester are fucking us over so I guess that wraps it up and puts a bow on it.

Why was anyone upset here, on a NY forum?

Its been quite the reaction for a 3 month delay with a bunch angry horse shit speculation.

I choose not to lose my shit over this like a petulant child who has zero confidence in his league. NYCFC has their entire future ahead of them, 3 months is barely the tip of a ball point pen.

And if Lampard did get what he wanted, which is to chase a title in the premier league, I don't blame him. Nor should you. No professional player in any league would forgo a legitimate chance at a title. Sure it sucks for me personally as a NYC fan, but do I blame him for it? No, I get it.

Reactions: AndreT_NY
Its been quite the reaction for a 3 month delay with a bunch angry horse shit speculation.

I choose not to lose my shit over this like a petulant child who has zero confidence in his league. NYCFC has their entire future ahead of them, 3 months is barely the tip of a ball point pen.

And if Lampard did get what he wanted, which is to chase a title in the premier league, I don't blame him. Nor should you. No professional player in any league would forgo a legitimate chance at a title. Sure it sucks for me personally as a NYC fan, but do I blame him for it? No, I get it.
So I guess Manchester has no future? Is the apocalypse coming there this year?

Poor little Manchester, they just had to have Lampard for those 3 months. What else could they do besides steal our signing? I mean most of their players play for almost no money at all. That poor, poor stealing club. Is no one willing to think of them?

Yeah I get it, oh no, I don't.

People are missing something. The big thing is that according to this telling, when Lampard "signed" with NYCFC, he had not signed with MCFC. Ok. So all he had signed was the commitment. So at the press conference, he had not signed a contract.

Asking why he signed a MCFC contract is one thing, but why didn't he sign a MLS contract back in July? Did Villa not have a contract? What about Kaka in Orlando? If Frank is to be believed and it was 100% MLS from the start, why didn't he have an MLS deal?

The other thing is the subtle blame game. Read the Kreis interview and focus is on parent club. Read CFG and it's "all parties." Lampard's side makes it sound as if he got magically extended.

Reading between the lines it seems that Lampard wanted it, and since there wasn't a MLS contract to make him come, CFG had to cave in to Lampard and Pellegrini's wishes on the basis that they would remove the break clause if Lampard executed a MLS agreement to start for July 1. Everyone's to blame, but like most everyone else I'm ready to move on and focus on getting ready for Matchday 1 against Orlando.

I think when Frank said he didn't want to play for another english team, he really meant he didn't want to play for an English team that sucked. CFG left themselves outs in the event they needed him. Pretty sharp move.

But I'm sure they hoped it wouldn't come down to them having to publicly rehash everything. Good on all who made a fuss. As Dan has pointed out, we forced them to make statements and reveal some facts, even if we are all still just as clueless as to the truth of the situation. (Yes, there is a big difference between facts and the truth of the situation.)

The biggest liar in all of this was Don Garber, chief twat of MLS and part-time clown show. I still can't get over his statement that the trust rebuilding had already begun. It's one of those pesky things like the signing. We just need him to come out and say he meant all along that the process would start...wait...wait...NOW!

I agree. He didn't have to be so damned smug about it though.

I don't think he was being smug. Lost in translation was my perception when I saw his Lampard interviews.
So I guess Manchester has no future? Is the apocalypse coming there this year?

Poor little Manchester, they just had to have Lampard for those 3 months. What else could they do besides steal our signing? I mean most of their players play for almost no money at all. That poor, poor stealing club. Is no one willing to think of them?

Yeah I get it, oh no, I don't.

lol, i said nothing about MC. bitch about them all you want. it's a problem that they need a loan so badly.

but it's unfair to criticize lampard/any of the NYC staff.

The salient points about Kreis are:

Players joining mid season are typical fails. (this needs to be on the tifo for franks first game)
I'm surprised news hasn't broken yet (in december)
The team is more important than one player.

EDIT:
add: There is no truth to that rumor at all (at expansion draft)

Last edited:
I don't think he was being smug. Lost in translation was my perception when I saw his Lampard interviews.

lol, i said nothing about MC. bitch about them all you want. it's a problem that they need a loan so badly.

but it's unfair to criticize lampard/any of the NYC staff.
Exactly.

Holy shit...

And this line from Kreis just goes over the top on telling fans to piss off. "I think it’s been confusing for a lot of people and I’m not sure that I understand why,”

Gee, maybe it was because the NYCFC website has been telling us incorrectly that he has been signed as a DP since last summer Jason.

Again, there was a way for Reyna and Kreis to toe the company line while still being respectful to NYCFC fans. MCFC already conceded that listing Lampard on the NYCFC website as a DP was an "error." Kries and Reyna could therefore at least acknowledge that while staying within CFG guidelines. They chose otherwise.

EDIT: for typo and clarity.

Last edited:
The most important party in all of this still hasn't said a word, the actual club. Sharing a Facebook post from Frank Lampard's PR team doesn't really count in my opinion.

Reactions: Paul and mgarbowski
At least he finally said something. Not an ideal situation at all, but it's over now. He'll be here in July. No chance he stays in Manchester, IMO, and no chance he arrives earlier. NYCFC has made it clear they aren't walking away from the contract either (as I think they should).

Fans have every right to be upset but at this stage it's not really worth dwelling on. We know what's going to happen, Lampard has spoken, Kreis has spoken. It's just on to the next story now.

See you in July, Frank. Hope you bring your "A" game because fans aren't going to have much patience, if any. Nor should they.

I presume there will be one last gasp of activity here after the club maybe makes some sort of announcement on Monday announcing the for real this time signing. Or maybe they don't, and we'll discuss that.
But either way this should die down until either (1) he gets hurt, (2) MC drops out of contention, (3) he starts playing poorly for MC, (4) our season starts and we play poorly, (5) our season starts and we gel wonderfully without him, or (6) he shows up.

Reactions: Paul