Lampard Out Against Toronto

Any chance they leave the grass up from last nights gold cup games?
So, which would you rather? That he play with a calf strain, makes it worse, and then is out for six weeks or that he sits for an extra week so it can heal. I'd rather have him sit.

Basically I'm going to the match regardless of who plays or doesn't play.

Reactions: FootyLovin
So, which would you rather? That he play with a calf strain, makes it worse, and then is out for six weeks or that he sits for an extra week so it can heal. I'd rather have him sit.

Basically I'm going to the match regardless of who plays or doesn't play.
Basically, we'd rather not be lied to for yet one more week.

But you knew that. The intentional obtuseness of MCFC first fans is what pisses the rest of us off.

Reactions: gbservis and Kjbert

But you knew that. The intentional obtuseness of MCFC first fans is what pisses the rest of us off.
I know you have your conspiracy theory's but if hey just said 'Out' you'd cry why won't they tell us what it is. They say 'Calf Strain' you say There's more to it than that.
Angelino got hurt too. These guys are coming in cold and it's normal for little things to happen. It's a week. The week will pass and he will play. If he doesn't feel free to question but honestly it is what it is.
Villa played hurt for multiple weeks and we bitched about him not producing.
It is literally impossible for this club to make people happy. If we win the cup people will bitch about how hard they made it seem. Unreal.

The problem with saying something like that is that we just don't know what's really true. But Occam's Razor, it just seems far more likely he strained a calf after not playing for a few months than that there's some vast conspiracy of lies with the sole purpose of keeping Frank from us for some reason.

But again, this is my team and I'm still going to the game irregardless of who's playing.

The problem with saying something like that is that we just don't know what's really true. But Occam's Razor, it just seems far more likely he strained a calf after not playing for a few months than that there's some vast conspiracy of lies with the sole purpose of keeping Frank from us for some reason.

But again, this is my team and I'm still going to the game irregardless of who's playing.

Okay. I don't doubt dude is physically unable to play. But I don't think it happened on Friday at 5 pm either.

If you can't make that distinction, you're proving my point.

I know you have your conspiracy theory's but if hey just said 'Out' you'd cry why won't they tell us what it is. They say 'Calf Strain' you say There's more to it than that.
Angelino got hurt too. These guys are coming in cold and it's normal for little things to happen. It's a week. The week will pass and he will play. If he doesn't feel free to question but honestly it is what it is.
It is literally impossible for this club to make people happy. If we win the cup people will bitch about how hard they made it seem. Unreal.
See above. Same applies here.

Okay. I don't doubt dude is physically unable to play. But I don't think it happened on Friday at 5 pm either.

If you can't make that distinction, you're proving my point.
I didn't say it happened at 5pm on Friday. When he didn't play any minutes in the scrimmage the other day I thought that was a very bad sign.

I didn't say it happened at 5pm on Friday. When he didn't play any minutes in the scrimmage the other day I thought that was a very bad sign.
Exactly. Most here didn't expect him before the end of this month.

Yet they performed the charade that he would play when he'd trained for a week. Some dumb fucks believed it. I didn't. And I don't care because I don't give a shit if he ever suits up for us. But it's farcical that they continue to be so dishonest. The FO/CFG can blame no one but themselves over negative feelings about their PR ineptitude/willful deceit.

I'm not bent on criticizing MCFC. But you folks that are take every criticism of how we are run as a personal affront want to take it that way.

It's your problem, not the rest of ours'. We're all just sick of lies and half truths and misdirections. We don't give a shit who your EPL team is. This is about NYC. So stop taking every criticism of how our team is run as a criticism of your EPL team. No one is about that shit. But defending obvious lies and obfuscations of truth makes it appear as though you are, whether or not you mean that.

Reactions: Drainyoo
I hate the term "it is what it is". It's so defeatist and pre-determinist. I fucking loathe it. With every fiber of my being.

My wife gets so mad that I get so mad when people say it. But if there is one phrase that I find more against my personal philosophy than "it is what it is", I don't know what it would be.

This has nothing to do with your post other than you used it, quite innocently I'd presume. I just wanted to make the point. Carry on with the regularly scheduled Lampard fucks everyone gate.

What a waste of a signing.

I hate the term "it is what it is". It's so defeatist and pre-determinist. I fucking loathe it. With every fiber of my being.

My wife gets so mad that I get so mad when people say it. But if there is one phrase that I find more against my personal philosophy than "it is what it is", I don't know what it would be.

This has nothing to do with your post other than you used it, quite innocently I'd presume. I just wanted to make the point. Carry on with the regularly scheduled Lampard fucks everyone gate.

What a waste of a signing.
I don't blame you at all for being upset. With Lampard here as well as Angelino and Iraola I think we are bound to sell out the remainder of our games or at least come very close. I dont see them faking an injury or making more of it just to sell seats for another game. The next home game should have Pirlo debuting as well so I don't think they'd hold Lampard out for that. Seems like thats what youre getting at.
I think he legitimately picked up a knock and they're being cautious and due to what we've been through in the past youre apprehensive about it. No one blames you.
I just do believe that its a simple injury and he'll be good to go next week.

I'm not bent on criticizing MCFC. But you folks that are take every criticism of how we are run as a personal affront want to take it that way.
Midas, I don't know who you're talking to. I'm from Queens. I'm not from Manchester, nor have I ever even been there.

Yes, I am a Man City fan but only casually, because I went to a Rick Wakeman concert I think a dozen years ago and he did a whole bit on how anyone who rooted for City, as he does, is the definition of long suffering. So I started watching their games more than other teams.

But a funny thing happened a couple of years ago, and I find I somehow unexpectedly ended up a diehard NYCFC fan. Never bought season tickets to anything else before in my life. And yes, I'm a Man City fan, but they're not my team. Not the way the Kreis boys are.

We have I think 16 games left in the season. How many appearances will you need Frank to make before you owe me a beer? Heck, pick your number and if I lose I'll throw in a cheesesteak at next season's first match too.

Midas, I don't know who you're talking to. I'm from Queens. I'm not from Manchester, nor have I ever even been there.

Yes, I am a Man City fan but only casually, because I went to a Rick Wakeman concert I think a dozen years ago and he did a whole bit on how anyone who rooted for City, as he does, is the definition of long suffering. So I started watching their games more than other teams.

But a funny thing happened a couple of years ago, and I find I somehow unexpectedly ended up a diehard NYCFC fan. Never bought season tickets to anything else before in my life. And yes, I'm a Man City fan, but they're not my team. Not the way the Kreis boys are.

We have I think 16 games left in the season. How many appearances will you need Frank to make before you owe me a beer? Heck, pick your number and if I lose I'll throw in a cheesesteak at next season's first match too.
I'll buy you a beer either way. I just get so damn frustrated that the club deems it necessary to pitch him. No one who has paid attention to any transfer ever actually expected him to play this week.

And that total bullshit "comment" to NYCFC.com? Come on. I just prefer not to be treated like I'm a moron.

Obfuscations and Rick Wakeman. Loving this thread.

I come back and start reading this thread and find none other than the always laughably enjoyable Midas going off on yet another tangent about how he is pissed off. Read some of the posts by bozos who dare and try to calm him down.

This thread has made my day!

How long has Lampard been training with the team getting in game shape? Idk. I don't feel like arguing back and forth. I didn't become a fan because of him, so I don't really care if he plays or not. Would just like that DP back. It's nothing against him either...I have a bigger issue with this team being so calculated with their marketing trying to exploit to make money rather than worrying about the team first. I feel that the team doesn't care that he's hurt, they are more pissed that he might play the same night Pirlo starts and can't capitalize on the separate draw. But hey, it's a business, right?

Reactions: Kjbert
Announcing that one of our star players is injured and won't play two days before a game is infinitely preferable to the situation earlier in the season, when the club seemed to be in a state of denial that Villa (our ONLY star player at the time) appeared to be constantly injured and unable to go the 90. Didn't they pull Villa from one of the first ever home games about an hour before kickoff?

Anyway, Lampard is injured, it happened late in the week. Boo hoo. To think there were people who said Lampard could have just seamlessly moved straight from the end of a long EPL season to the middle of the MLS campaign without any rest.

Reactions: Kjbert
Announcing that one of our star players is injured and won't play two days before a game is infinitely preferable to the situation earlier in the season, when the club seemed to be in a state of denial that Villa (our ONLY star player at the time) appeared to be constantly injured and unable to go the 90. Didn't they pull Villa from one of the first ever home games about an hour before kickoff?

Anyway, Lampard is injured, it happened late in the week. Boo hoo. To think there were people who said Lampard could have just seamlessly moved straight from the end of a long EPL season to the middle of the MLS campaign without any rest.

It was the 2nd home game. That was infuriating. In regards to Lampard, it sucks and they held the news until the last minute for PR purposes but I'd rather him sit out this game anyway. I don't think he's had enough time to train with the team anyway. Frank is 37 years old, it's not like he gets inserted into the lineup and we start kicking ass and taking names (IMO), it'll take time to gel anyway, what's another week?

Reactions: Midas Mulligan