Lampard Out Against Toronto

In regards to Lampard, it sucks and they held the news until the last minute for PR purposes
I think it's possible they held the news for medical purposes, until they knew for sure he wouldn't be able to play. I'd think they'd want to do anything they could to get him on the field and waited until the last reasonable moment before announcing he wouldn't play.

Everyone on here, myself included at times, talks about things as if we had actual facts when in reality all we ever have are suppositions. Announcing on Friday seems sort of reasonable. He didn't play in the scrimmage, so it makes sense that they would not announce anything at that time because probably they just didn't know. Friday was two whole days before the match, so that might've been when the doctors or trainers said he couldn't go.

Announcing it at 2:30 before a 3:00 match would've been a bummer. Announcing it Friday though gave us all two extra days to make complete fools of ourselves. As per usual.

Anyways, time to throw on my jersey and head up to the stadium.

Announcing it at 2:30 before a 3:00 match would've been a bummer. Announcing it Friday though gave us all two extra days to make complete fools of ourselves. As per usual.

Best post ever.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'll be honest and its kind of been said. We have a very strong RB and a very dynamic LB here now. We have the legend of Pirlo coming here ready to spray the field with his dopeness. We have a hair flowing God in Mix. AND one of the best Spanish footballers of all time. In all honesty. I don't care if Lampard plays or not. If he doesn't, fine...when he does, it'll be gravy. It was cool watching Gerrard doing some nice things in his first go with LA...I was hoping to see FF do the same. He's not. Ok fine. I'm off to pregame and its hot as balls out. Peace.

I think it's possible they held the news for medical purposes, until they knew for sure he wouldn't be able to play. I'd think they'd want to do anything they could to get him on the field and waited until the last reasonable moment before announcing he wouldn't play.

Everyone on here, myself included at times, talks about things as if we had actual facts when in reality all we ever have are suppositions. Announcing on Friday seems sort of reasonable. He didn't play in the scrimmage, so it makes sense that they would not announce anything at that time because probably they just didn't know. Friday was two whole days before the match, so that might've been when the doctors or trainers said he couldn't go.

If it were something that was so questionable that they didn't make the call until Friday, why not give him the added 48 hours to see if he could play? Simply because it wasn't that is my guess. It's much more likely that he's nowhere near match fit, like most here suspected.

Echoing everyone else that I don't really care if he plays. I could see him being a good super sub at this point, but my first priority. Now that we have one and likely 2 solid fullbacks, I care much more about a lineup constructed to highlight the maestro. Lampard was never going to be a centerpiece anyway.

Let's beat TFC. God help us (Frank won't).

Reactions: Paul and NickA
It was the 2nd home game. That was infuriating. In regards to Lampard, it sucks and they held the news until the last minute for PR purposes but I'd rather him sit out this game anyway. I don't think he's had enough time to train with the team anyway. Frank is 37 years old, it's not like he gets inserted into the lineup and we start kicking ass and taking names (IMO), it'll take time to gel anyway, what's another week?
"Another week" is just a code word/phrase for another 7 days of bitching by angry fans on the inter-webs.

They already pulled that stunt with Villa earlier in the season.

Reactions: Kjbert and Drainyoo
It's fucking infuriating that they still pull this. Press release right before we all lock the doors for the weekend. It's motherfucking Fat Frank Friday. They just started this he'd be playing this week when none of us expected him before the last game of July anyway. Fuck people who bought tickets to see his sorry ass. And fuck CFG/NYC fo for using him that way. And fuck FF on principle.
If you think this is somehow a ploy masterminded by CFG I question your sanity. Injuries happen. It's part of th game. You're way too angry. Smoke a blunt, drink a beer & chill.

NYCFC head coach Jason Kreis told reporters after Sunday’s wild 4-4 draw against Toronto FC that he expects Lampard to be available for Saturday’s match at the New England Revolution...

Kreis said he plans on talking to the 37-year-old midfielder about his thoughts on playing on turf, with the head coach telling media that he’s not sure if the Chelsea legend has ever played a competitive match on the surface.

“We need to understand first and foremost whether he’s even played on an artificial surface before,” Kreis said. “It wouldn’t surprise me if he hasn’t, certainly in a competitive match. We need to make the smartest decision that we can and that decision needs to come later in the week about whether he’s ready to play in the match or whether he’s ready to play in a match on an artificial surface.”

WTF is Kreis doing??? Spouting off about how he'll be available prior to even talking to him about his thoughts on artificial turf??? Lampard's been a "member" of the organization for a full calender year and nobody has thought to ask him about playing on artificial turf, a surface often encountered in MLS, once in that entire time???

Holy shit.

Just because you're available doesn't mean you will be playing. New England has lost 5 straight games and I think we have enough already on the roster to beat them. For a similar situation see: Carmelo Anthony. Didn't play for like 20 games in the first half of the NBA season just so he could start the All Star Game. What a douche.

WTF is Kreis doing??? Spouting off about how he'll be available prior to even talking to him about his thoughts on artificial turf??? Lampard's been a "member" of the organization for a full calender year and nobody has thought to ask him about playing on artificial turf, a surface often encountered in MLS, once in that entire time???

Holy shit.
I asked him when he took over the team twitter for Q and A, he said he'd play on any surface