Let's Make The Black Away Jersey Our Only Jersey

It is crap and that 5 ribbon thing is just horrible. I like a clean bright kit. The black kit reminds me of the 90's when every sporting team had to have a black kit because it was cool.
I don't mind the stripes especially since they actually have some meaning to them but I completely agree on not liking the black shirt. Every team back in day had black incorporated in their uniforms regardless how bad it looked. I get people not wanting an MCFC clone shirt but I hope next year we get some other options.

really? I live in the So-Bro - it's really hip and posh and we don't have any ... also by hip and posh I mean it's just like Williamsburg Bklyn in 1979.

I'm actually a bit of a coffee snob and turn my nose up at the starbucks - but it's better then bodega droppings in hot water.

There is a Starbucks everywhere in NYC. Everywhere.

I think the home version is much better looking. Shame it's a direct copy of a Manchester City uniform. Somehow they managed to make an all black uniform really busy with the stripes and the orange wedge. I think lighter shorts would have helped too, not a fan of the all black look.

I guess the upside is that the black uniform shows the club is willing establish its own look to an extent. Swing and a miss this year though, if you ask me. The more time that passes the more I prefer the blue home uniform.

I think the home version is much better looking. Shame it's a direct copy of a Manchester City uniform. Somehow they managed to make an all black uniform really busy with the stripes and the orange wedge. I think lighter shorts would have helped too, not a fan of the all black look.

I guess the upside is that the black uniform shows the club is willing establish its own look to an extent. Swing and a miss this year though, if you ask me. The more time that passes the more I prefer the blue home uniform.

They'll probably wear the black 2 or 3 times

Reactions: Drainyoo
It is crap and that 5 ribbon thing is just horrible. I like a clean bright kit. The black kit reminds me of the 90's when every sporting team had to have a black kit because it was cool.

we are from NY. the unofficial color of NY is Black. Its even the third color the loser mets which I am sure you are a fan of. I have never liked any of your posts and if you have ever liked any of mine please please unlike them. tool

why hate the 90's- hip president that got laid, everyone made money and the markets did well.yankees started yet another NY sports dynasty. giants won a superbowl and even the rangers won for the first time in a million years.
every team didn't have a black kit because it was cool. they had one because it was cool.

When the home kit was announced, I supported it. I thought it was a great looking jersey, and still do. But in light of what's happened with Lampard and MCFC, and the fact that the home jersey looks similar to MCFC's, I propose that we only wear the black away jersey to home games.

No MCFC blue. Just a sea of black.

We still support our team, but we also send CFG and MCFC a nice message. That we're not going to be treated like a second class farm team that feeds the mothership. That we're passionate, dedicated fans, just like the chaps in the UK, and treating us like children isn't going to fly. We're not going to just sit back and take their shit.

21265116.jpg

Reactions: Drainyoo
When the home kit was announced, I supported it. I thought it was a great looking jersey, and still do. But in light of what's happened with Lampard and MCFC, and the fact that the home jersey looks similar to MCFC's, I propose that we only wear the black away jersey to home games.

No MCFC blue. Just a sea of black.

We still support our team, but we also send CFG and MCFC a nice message. That we're not going to be treated like a second class farm team that feeds the mothership. That we're passionate, dedicated fans, just like the chaps in the UK, and treating us like children isn't going to fly. We're not going to just sit back and take their shit.

Yes!!! Let's create a support group that refuses to wear any mancity blue merch. We can call it NYCFC: Sea of Black. This would also most likely be the catch-all group for fans of other bpl teams who are also NYCFC fans.

And far from being simply being a desperate cry into the void, this concerted effort might spur Citi-group to reconsider a new home uniform that , while nodding to the parent team, respects New York City enough to let the uniform reflect the city's identity.

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
I definitely support this. The Black kit isnt the most aesthetically pleasing but at least its more original than the home kit. I really hope next year we get a proper kit incorporating our colors (ORANGE)

And it goes with the fact that FIFA 15 renders all of the NYCFC flags as completely and totally black in ultimate team.

We could be the Black Flags. But that might be too British for some.

Would iron men work?

I am down with black. it just gonna be a missed message if TR or not too many of us wear it. some one needs to make a bigger vawe for it to work

I definitely support this. The Black kit isnt the most aesthetically pleasing but at least its more original than the home kit. I really hope next year we get a proper kit incorporating our colors (ORANGE)

Agreed. But here is where all the manchester city fans hurt those chances: they are more than happy to wear the manchester knock-off uniforms.
I am down with black. it just gonna be a missed message if TR or not too many of us wear it. some one needs to make a bigger vawe for it to work

Black Flag is an American hardcore punk band (and a roach spray) so probably not a good idea.
I thought of Black Tide, but that is also a band.

I don't think "Sea of Black" is terrible. It refers to all of us in the stands who will be wearing the black, away jerseys.
I think it makes as much sense as "The Third Rail," meaning they'll power the supporters and team like it does a train. What I mean by that is that I had to have the name explained to me. Sea of Black is a little more self explanatory.

And it goes with the fact that FIFA 15 renders all of the NYCFC flags as completely and totally black in ultimate team.

We could be the Black Flags. But that might be too British for some.

Would iron men work?

I could fucks with the Black Flags.