Mcfc Confirms Lampard Staying In Manchester For The Season

And it's obvious our FO is biting their tongues. 20-1 they are more embarrassed, humiliated and disappointed than us. Kreis is a great manager. He must feel like he's been proved the biggest rube in all of Nebraska right now. He and Reyna must be absolutely fuming.
yep.gif

There are zero positives that can come out of this. None.

I was so ready to love this club, but it's not even a real team at this point.
did you decide to love this club before Lampard was announced DP? If not then I understand, I was ready to love this team the second it was mentioned as an idea, I loved this team before I even dreamed Lampard or Villa could be on the roster so I aint gonna start hating the team now. I love the team because it is my home club, plain and simple, they could sign a piece of poop on a stick as there next DP and I will buy his jersey... not really but you get the idea...lol

It would appear he was initially a Manchester City player first, from that tweet.
So what solace should we take from that? It just makes them look more like devious pricks than before. So it really was an FFP scam all along? With an ownership group like that in charge, who could blame anyone for being pissed?

You're making the argument for us.

Why am I sober right now? Fuck it. I'm going to remedy this problem right now.

Reactions: adam
@bbcsport_david
Lampard "signed" for New York City FC in July but with the new MLS season not starting until March, he joined Manchester City - who part-own New York City - until January.

Crucially, this was not a loan deal but a short-term contract signed as a free agent. It is understood the contract was for the entire season, with a break clause that was agreed would be activated at midnight tonight.

City needed that break clause removed if Lampard was to remain with them, which happened today.

But there was no need to re-sign him or re-register him with the Premier League because he was already on a contract until the end of the season and therefore registered as a City player - eligible for Sunderland and beyond. All that needed to happen was removal of the break clause.

Amendments to existing contracts require Premier League board ratification, which happened today.

All of this calls into question the exact nature of Lampard's signing/contract/agreement with New York City.
W.T.F.????

So what solace should we take from that? It just makes them look more like devious pricks than before. So it really was an FFP scam all along? With an ownership group like that in charge, who could blame anyone for being pissed?

You're making the argument for us.

Why am I sober right now? Fuck it. I'm going to remedy this problem right now.

Listen carefully because I'm sure this has already been explained on here. THERE IS NO FFP SCAM, Manchester City are paying 100% of his wages and he was a free agent, stop with all the knee jerk posts.

I gotta find out when will lanyards first nycfc home game will be so I can boo him, though it will be more because of me being a Chelsea fan.

So what I suspected from day one has come full circle, the whole farm thing is true, if you weren't convinced by the Jersey release then it's on you.

I find it weird that there are reports that he never signed with nycfc and was always a man city player. Like someone mentioned on Twitter feels like this was done maybe to get around FFP? So we are that off shore account to avoid paying taxes.

Does any of this surprise me, not really at least not anymore, though it will be annoying going forward if any other DP goes thru the same.

Nevertheless, I still get to see a team in my city and see the boy villa plus the other players that do seem committed so I'm ok.

Reactions: Spanky Roman
Not sure why I would take offense. But please go on... Why did Manc fans eat crow? Were they treated as a red headed stepchild as NYC is being treated? I'm serious. I don't know the history. I am a native New Yorker, millenial, with a good job and had season tickets. Thought I was an ideal candidate for a fan of this club. And this move makes zero sense to me. Either you are blinded by your fandom of ManCity or you need to explain why I should stay a fan.

The detractors of MCFC ate crow. Everyone who wasn't a MCFC fan bashed City incessantly. A small minority of City fans bought into it. Many of them came back and pretended they never had a problem.

Why should you stay a fan? Because through all the minor setbacks, NYCFC is going to the top. The sheikh and Khaldoon are running your club, so you'll be watching a perennial championship contender. It's right up there with death and taxes as a guarantee. If that interests you, stay. If not, go. If you go, I guarantee you'll be sorry. I will continue to support NYCFC because I know where we're going. That's all.