Metro North

Buckley

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
516/845
Does anyone know if the metro north will be stopping at YS once the season starts? This is how I will be getting down to the games and If it doesn't stop there It would suck going to grand central and catching a subway back up to the BX.

Does anyone know if the metro north will be stopping at YS once the season starts? This is how I will be getting down to the games and If it doesn't stop there It would suck going to grand central and catching a subway back up to the BX.

Dunno. Does it usually stop there?

Given the Season Ticket sales, I would expect yes but haven't seen anything definitive. It's my preferred method of getting to YS as well. 7 minutes station to station for me

Hudson line always stops at Yankees/153rd. Harlem and New Haven lines easier to get off at 125th walk east to the 4. Yankee games have shuttle from Metro North 125th. I would think NYCFC unlikely. If you are a monthly or weekly MN passholder you should get free transfer to 4 at 125. These things likely yo be determined late Feb. I would plan to transfer.

During non-Yankee, Yankee Stadium games, the rail schedules get really messed up. On the way back to the city from the Pinstripe Bowl, the 4 trains were running on local and not express. I hope the trains are running express to and from the city, but we're probably not going to get a definitive answer until we get on the train.

This is something I asked my ticket rep when I signed up in July. He said that they're hoping to get the New Haven line to drop off at YS on game days, but they don't have any guarantees yet.

You can always just get off at harlem/125th and take the subway up. Not ideal but better than going to GC

Hi. New here. Awesome forum. I took the Metro North a few weeks ago to the Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium anf from the NEw haven line it was the same as for a Yankee game. I transferred to a shuttle at 125th. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a similar set up for NYCFC matches.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
As I am coming from Westchester, I am hopeful that Metro North will do the same direct service that it does for Yankee games, but there hasn't been an announcement.

If not, the best way might be to head south to 125th Street and then transfer to a northbound Hudson Line train. The first stop will be Yankee Stadium. I've done that once before when leaving particularly early for a Yankee game, and it's not bad. I would bet it beats transferring to the Subway.