MLS Cup Playoffs - December 5 - Philadelphia (Away)

Per Jim Curtin, Philadelphia couldn't train yesterday due to COVID protocols and it sounds like they are expecting some players to not be available, though no specific names at the moment.
Fans laughing at us because Taty was red carded deserved this. Let's see how many Union players are out because of COVID.

Reactions: JayH
I suppose it's possible the Union still have everyone available. Possibly a non-player got sick, and the team found out yesterday just as training was to start. So they test everyone and suspend training for the day. They say they resumed training today:

Presumably few enough players tested positive so that's why they were able to return to training. Possibly even zero; possibly a few. But I'm sure they need to keep testing either way.

Between wondering if Sands and Gray can start, who replaces Castellanos, and now this with the Union, this will be one of the most fraught and highly anticipated roster reveals ever in MLS Sunday afternoon.

Also, why does the Union have an "x" in front of their name on Twitter?

I suppose it's possible the Union still have everyone available. Possibly a non-player got sick, and the team found out yesterday just as training was to start. So they test everyone and suspend training for the day. They say they resumed training today:

Presumably few enough players tested positive so that's why they were able to return to training. Possibly even zero; possibly a few. But I'm sure they need to keep testing either way.

Between wondering if Sands and Gray can start, who replaces Castellanos, and now this with the Union, this will be one of the most fraught end highly anticipated roster reveals ever in MLS Sunday afternoon.

Also, why does the Union have an "x" in front of their name on Twitter?
The guy I RT'ed mentioned that the Union train tomorrow and are required to publish a list of players in protocol before the game. So I think we'll have an idea regarding Philly a bit before the lineups are posted, but that's just me trying to interpret exactly what he meant by that tweet. I'm not sure exactly when players in protocol are required to be published.

My rep emailed me the link to get club tickets on Wednesday. I IMMEDIATELY filled out the form. I did not get the tickets, which I was OK with, assuming it was a lottery. An email yesterday about the viewing party said it was filled first-come, first-served.

So, if it was filled first-come, first-served and I filled it out immediately after he emailed it to me, were they already out of tickets when he sent it?

Reactions: Kjbert

"Among those present at training Friday were regular starters Leon Flach, Olivier Mbaizo, Kacper Przybylko, Daniel Gazdag, Jamiro Monteiro and most of the youthful Homegrown contingent."

No mention of Blake, Glesnes, or Elliott in training.

"Among those present at training Friday were regular starters Leon Flach, Olivier Mbaizo, Kacper Przybylko, Daniel Gazdag, Jamiro Monteiro and most of the youthful Homegrown contingent."

No mention of Blake, Glesnes, or Elliott in training.

that would be insane if blake and their CB combo are unavailable.

i'm thinking the article just wasn't trying to be complete though and they will be available. just maybe not available at training?

that would be insane if blake and their CB combo are unavailable.

i'm thinking the article just wasn't trying to be complete though and they will be available. just maybe not available at training?
I was under the impression that the author was pointing out who they could confirm was at practice and wrote it in manner to not say that those guys weren't at practice, just saying who they could see was.

this is definitely going to put an asterisk on this game in a way. if the union end up losing a few of their key players (e.g., glesnes, elliot, bedoya, martinez, blake (just guessing here since they were not identified in the list)), that would change the game a lot. on the other hand, the union have fantastic homegrown talent and i wouldn't be surprised if they stepped in and put in a performance.

it is just sad that we couldn't see both teams at full strength going at it. it would have been a spectacular game for a conference final.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Attention for those driving: Best to park in Lot J to be close to the Third Rail tailgate
Where is the tailgate happening? I'll be driving in and will park in Lot J, just wondering where exactly the tailgate will be?
1638557843592.png
It's also (pardon my French) fucking asinine that a stadium in the middle of nowhere will charge $45 bucks for parking. How is Subaru Park more expensive than Yankee Stadium?!?!

this is definitely going to put an asterisk on this game in a way. if the union end up losing a few of their key players (e.g., glesnes, elliot, bedoya, martinez, blake (just guessing here since they were not identified in the list)), that would change the game a lot. on the other hand, the union have fantastic homegrown talent and i wouldn't be surprised if they stepped in and put in a performance.

it is just sad that we couldn't see both teams at full strength going at it. it would have been a spectacular game for a conference final.
I share your regret we won't see Best 11s against each other, but any sense of asterisk-ness will dissipate almost immediately afterwards. Lots of major sporting contests have been decided or affected by injuries, flukes, bad calls, etc. Nobody cares (and probably rightly so).
Last year every sport went thru some sort of Frankenstein bastard format to get a champion, and nobody cares.

Where is the tailgate happening? I'll be driving in and will park in Lot J, just wondering where exactly the tailgate will be?
View attachment 11611
It's also (pardon my French) fucking asinine that a stadium in the middle of nowhere will charge $45 bucks for parking. How is Subaru Park more expensive than Yankee Stadium?!?!
Details will go out tomorrow on the exact tailgate information. Providing as much as I can as soon as I know.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Remember that we are 100% vaccinated according to Ronny earlier in the year. I'm curious if the league has different protocols for teams that are 100% than teams that are not.
Obviously, vaccines are not 100% effective especially 6 months later. I doubt any of our players got a booster in recent weeks considering the stage of the season we are in, although I'd love to be able to justify our cold streak by saying that's when everyone got a booster and they lost a step for a few weeks, but I dont think the six month timeline adds up.

I share your regret we won't see Best 11s against each other, but any sense of asterisk-ness will dissipate almost immediately afterwards. Lots of major sporting contests have been decided or affected by injuries, flukes, bad calls, etc. Nobody cares (and probably rightly so).
Last year every sport went thru some sort of Frankenstein bastard format to get a champion, and nobody cares.
Especially considering that NYCFC will be without Taty, Parks, and Tinnerholm.