Mls Live Worth It?

Discovered last night I was confusing MLS Live and Direct Kick in my head and now I'm a little annoyed to have missed out on the offer...

Discovered last night I was confusing MLS Live and Direct Kick in my head and now I'm a little annoyed to have missed out on the offer...
I had Direct Kick last year, and I need to call DirectV and cancel before it auto renews. I think I have until the season starts but I should just call today or tomorrow.

Reactions: joe
I had Direct Kick last year, and I need to call DirectV and cancel before it auto renews. I think I have until the season starts but I should just call today or tomorrow.

Confucius say he who hesitate wind up with lighter wallet.

b677hO9y.jpg

Just a heads up: I noticed my junk mail/retail account has an e-mail auto-renewal notice for MLS Live. It's advertised as "the same low price as last season’s regular yearly price - only $79.99" but last year there was a "special preseason price of $64.99"

Just a heads up: I noticed my junk mail/retail account has an e-mail auto-renewal notice for MLS Live. It's advertised as "the same low price as last season’s regular yearly price - only $79.99" but last year there was a "special preseason price of $64.99"
ugh, yeah, i got same email too. Garber's got kids who need shoes.

$79.99 yearly or $14.99 monthly OR now they have $69.99 for SINGLE-CLUB?

$69.99 for just a single club while $79.99 gets you everything? Sounds idiotic to me. I guess Garber's kids have to have Air Jordans.

Reactions: danger and adam

$69.99 for just a single club while $79.99 gets you everything? Sounds idiotic to me. I guess Garber's kids have to have Air Jordans.

Single club makes 0% sense. At least at that price. Who comes up with this pricing?

Reactions: danger
Single club makes 0% sense. At least at that price. Who comes up with this pricing?
It's all marketing... Makes the $79.99 choice the default winner and gives the impression that there is actually a choice. Well, there IS a choice, it's just a BAD choice at this pricing like previously mentioned!

It's all marketing... Makes the $79.99 choice the default winner and gives the impression that there is actually a choice. Well, there IS a choice, it's just a BAD choice at this pricing like previously mentioned!
Depends. Streaming services are generally geared towards out of market fans. I'd be happy to get a $10-$20 discount on MLB Live, since I only use it to watch Giants games.

MLB.live is not much different.
87.49 single club
112.99 Kaboodle

I remember at one point in the earlier days it was like a $5 discount for single club.

Reactions: jerseyhotspur

I would bet a large amount of money that Garber's income is not impacted by the revenue generated by MLS Live. Disney, who I believe owns the rights, has shareholders who are concerned about ESPN's declining subscriber base. Their shareholders (including me) need dem new Jordan's.

I'm thinking of getting it this year, I have two questions from reading this thread, hoping someone could clarify.

1) What percentage of games can I watch live? (I have access to ESPN so I could watch those). I have no interest in watching replayed games.

2) What can I watch it on? I have a PS4 an a Firestick, plus a laptop, phone, etc.

I'm thinking of getting it this year, I have two questions from reading this thread, hoping someone could clarify.

1) What percentage of games can I watch live? (I have access to ESPN so I could watch those). I have no interest in watching replayed games.

2) What can I watch it on? I have a PS4 an a Firestick, plus a laptop, phone, etc.
You can pretty much watch any game live that isn't in your market or is nationally televised. In reference to us, you won't get nycfc or NJ games live, or the ones on Unimas, ESPN, or FS1 (or FOX).

But you will have them all available after a certain time period to watch on demand (full and condensed versions both available).

I don't think you can watch it on a PS4, or at least I never tried. I watch it either on my Apple TV, iPhone, or laptop.

Reactions: jerseyhotspur

1.) You can watch all matches live, except for nationally televised matches (ESPN/Fox/Univision networks) which you would need to stream via their streaming services. Depending on where you live, you may be in the blackout zone for certain teams, or none. Their website has a summary of blackout zones, basically for NYCFC, if you get YES you are blacked out. If you are in the Syracuse area, you may be out of the blackout zone. Because we are a two-team market, you may also be blacke out from RB matches. YES matches are streamed via FS Go. So if you have cable with, you most likely have streaming access to all matches. If not, you will miss out on all nationally TV matches, and potentially all NYCFC/NYRB matches.
Edit: https://live.mlssoccer.com/support/blackout

2.) You can watch on all apple and android products, plus chromestick and Roku. Not sure about PS4/Xbox etc.

I think one of the best parts of the plan your missing is condensed games. If you really like to follow the league and don't have hours to spend watching each match. The condensed matches pack a lot of action in a short timeframe. It's pretty cool.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
You can pretty much watch any game live that isn't in your market or is nationally televised. In reference to us, you won't get nycfc or NJ games live, or the ones on Unimas, ESPN, or FS1 (or FOX).

But you will have them all available after a certain time period to watch on demand (full and condensed versions both available).

I don't think you can watch it on a PS4, or at least I never tried. I watch it either on my Apple TV, iPhone, or laptop.
1.) You can watch all matches live, except for nationally televised matches (ESPN/Fox/Univision networks) which you would need to stream via their streaming services. Depending on where you live, you may be in the blackout zone for certain teams, or none. Their website has a summary of blackout zones, basically for NYCFC, if you get YES you are blacked out. If you are in the Syracuse area, you may be out of the blackout zone. Because we are a two-team market, you may also be blacke out from RB matches. YES matches are streamed via FS Go. So if you have cable with, you most likely have streaming access to all matches. If not, you will miss out on all nationally TV matches, and potentially all NYCFC/NYRB matches.
Edit: https://live.mlssoccer.com/support/blackout

2.) You can watch on all apple and android products, plus chromestick and Roku. Not sure about PS4/Xbox etc.
Thanks guys! So since I live in Central NY I might even be able to watch all the games for NYCFC? I'll have to check that. Thanks again guys.

Do they even black out away games that YES won't be broadcasting?

Unfortunately they do. Which is rediculous. And I get angry every time. If you're going to tape delay, at least let the MLS Live subscribers have access to the feed. It's on live for the rest of the country. Pisses me off.

You can vpn the blacked out games.

The condensed games are the best part of live and the only reason I got it. Can watch a whole weekend of mls in like 2 hrs. I chromecasted everything from my phone and it worked relatively well. No video game console support kinda sucks.

Reactions: adam