MLS week 1 - 2017

Think MN would take Norris off our hands?

Action shot of their backline:
giphy.gif

I hate watching early season East conference games and not knowing who to root for. CLB v CHI right now. Neither good last year. Both could be better this year. Rooting for the tie is logical but unsatisfying.
I feel the same way about Wil Trapp. Afraid he'll do well and get a call up and equally afraid he'll get a callup even though he continually sucks.

Well a draw between Chicago and Columbus does out well in the long term.

Dallas vs. LA kicked off at 4, on Univision Deportes...worst English commentators ever. (Seriously the people listening want English commentary not English language with Spanish style).

A lot of inter conference matches today.

RSL vs. Toronto just kicked off. NE vs. Colorado at 5 PM. DC vs. SKC at 7 PM.

I keep trying to watch the wominz match, and it keeps being shitty wominz targeted adverts.

Reactions: Kjbert
Very MLSy start to the season.
Watched some of the DC and SKC game and man did that suck. Felt my soul being sucked out of my body with every minute that went by. Complete a damn pass. Can't count how many times a ball was passed directly to an opposing player.
Last year wasn't the best for us but I think this year will be outstanding. PV's commitment to playing out of the back and keeping the ball on the ground will at least win the eye candy cup.
Not watching MLS games for months and getting back into it is tough

Very MLSy start to the season.
Watched some of the DC and SKC game and man did that suck. Felt my soul being sucked out of my body with every minute that went by. Complete a damn pass. Can't count how many times a ball was passed directly to an opposing player.
Last year wasn't the best for us but I think this year will be outstanding. PV's commitment to playing out of the back and keeping the ball on the ground will at least win the eye candy cup.
Not watching MLS games for months and getting back into it is tough
Going directly from Liverpool-Arsenal to Crew/Chicago was a poor choice. By me and the MLS scheduler.

Minnesota is terrible. Terrible.
Portland is great going forward. They may be my Western must watch team. Very fun.
DCU is the same. Sporting looks out of sync.
LA has taken a MAJOR step back. They need reinforcements. FC Dallas is right where they left off before the Diazinjury last year. I think they're the class of the league.

I've watched the CCL games. RBNJ looks out of sync. Easy blame would lay at the organization for selling McCarty. Don't they always start slow? Vancouver looks fun like Portland but with less talent. That kid they have has blazing pace. I hope he puts it all together.

Reactions: adam
There are no sellouts so far today. Quakes will probably hit it though.

Noticed a lot of empty seats in a bunch of games. Watching quakes now and it's not full either.

Mildly disappointed.

Reactions: Kjbert
Noticed a lot of empty seats in a bunch of games. Watching quakes now and it's not full either.

Mildly disappointed.
It usually looks like that because so many people hang out at the bar at the open end of the stadium. When I was there we only sat in our actual seats for a few minutes. There are lots of non-seat areas to watch from. I like to move around during games, so I think it's great.