MNUFC Postmatch

Lurch was terrible. Absolute trash.

Jack was being marked hard all night and still found a way.

Wallace and Sweat side was allowed space the whole first half. They didn't work great together. Overlaps were lacking.

Wallace does so much but is not a finisher. If he was, he would be in a big league.

I want to see Callens push up more like tonight.

Chanot did Chanot things.

Mikey was ok.

Tommy in the right place at the right time all night but way to slow to capitalize on anything.

Villa showed his MVP credentials.

Ring and Herrera played well.

Pirlo was in for possession and shutting it down. It was fine I guess.

Crowd was good tonight. Good energy. The 20k announced seemed about right.

Is there a symbol for that?
giphy.gif

This team is so much fun to watch. Offensively they're damn-near impossible to keep off the board; there are so many options, so many guys making runs.

Defensively, Herrera and Ring are ridiculous in the middle of the park, and the CB pairing is quickly becoming one of the strengths of the squad. Great, great stuff. MNUFC isn't very good, but they still have to be beaten, especially after that nightmare of a start.

Not only does this team have some of the best skill in the league, they're dynamite mentally. Who knows where this season ends, but this is a special group.

Helping my buddy move to Miami and it was my shift to drive during the match, so we had the game streaming on MLS live and I was able to sneak glances at the match every now and then.

That said, I don't have a ton to say because I didn't really watch all that much.

That Harrison finish was ecstatic.

I really want to go back and see what the hell Callens was doing that far up on his goal. Just seemed like a really odd position for him to be in and I'm curious as to the thought process there.

The bits I saw, Ring had another great game. I know he completely skied that long shot, but I hope he keeps taking those. He'll get one eventually.

I really wasn't able to watch Mikey carefully at all, but my buddy said he didn't do half too bad. Glad that he was able to perform well in the spot RJ and Ethan put the team in.

Getting through South Carolina now and have another 9 hours or so to go. Hoping to rewatch the game a bit closer later.

Erik seems like a great kid and all but we can't waste an international spot on a back up gk that gives up horrendous goals. Sign that Cincinnati keeper or the guy playing for the cosmos. Also I am extremely interested to see what happens with Pirlo. I'd love for him to leave... for salary cap reasons. But I can't imagine hell just leave 3mil on the table.

Erik seems like a great kid and all but we can't waste an international spot on a back up gk that gives up horrendous goals. Sign that Cincinnati keeper or the guy playing for the cosmos. Also I am extremely interested to see what happens with Pirlo. I'd love for him to leave... for salary cap reasons. But I can't imagine hell just leave 3mil on the table.
I believe he has his green card. Though your larger point holds.

I've now watched the Callens goal about 8-10 times and I can't decide if Sweat laid the ball off for him, or did Sweat just lose control of the ball and Callens saved him with his run. I'm leaning to the latter. Sweat kicks it towards the end line and then starts to run after it, pulling up only after he probably sees Callens overlap him.

I don't much care, but it's funny he might have had a goal last week that was supposed to be a cross, and an assist this week that was supposed to be a dribble.

Last edited:
Anyone else get the sense the stadium was about ready to let out an infamous Bronx cheer, then collectively realized, "wait, that was Ring. Guess we'll let that shit slide this time"?

The question ending with a quote is a bullshit application of grammar rules. That's why I made up my own.

I've now watched the Callens goal about 8-10 times and I can't decide if Sweat laid the ball off for him, or did Sweat just lose control of the ball and Callens saved him with his run. I'm leaning to the latter. Sweat kickc it towards the end line and then starts to run after it, pulling up only after he probably sees Callens overlap him.

I don't much care, but it's funny he might have had a goal last week that was supposed to be a cross, and an assist this week that was supposed to be a dribble.
Def lost control & Callens called him off.

“You have to mentally prepare to play from the time the lineup sheet comes out, the practice before the game,” Wallace said. “Even if I’m not on the starting list, I have to prepare as if I’m going to come in and change the game and raise the level in training for my teammates who are starting and for those who aren’t to make sure we’re all in tune and connected because anything can happen.”

Late lineup addition Rodney Wallace shines for New York City FC in win

Wallace also thought but did not say, "And I showed up for the damn pre-game meeting on time! Jeez. Those guys!"

Anyone else get the sense the stadium was about ready to let out an infamous Bronx cheer, then collectively realized, "wait, that was Ring. Guess we'll let that shit slide this time"?

The question ending with a quote is a bullshit application of grammar rules. That's why I made up my own.
I do know there was moment in the second half where he wound up to take a shot and had it poked away from him, and the guy next to me said that if he had gotten that shot off, we would have been catching it in the supporters section