Mp: "i Don't Know If He'll Be There Next Season."

My god, that is some mistake the suits have made,

By your rational they should have bought a team in Russia, Cananda, or even Antartica.

Size isn't everything, surely someone has told you that
Your still posting here? I thought you left when Lampard said he wasn't coming until....not March.

I
Perhaps reality will help mend you over time then.
have nearly 50 years of reality behind me Magnus, Sir. I will be here as a true blue long after some of the louder voices here have gotten bored.

Only reason I havent been around so much is Xmas and New Year are the busiest times of year in my trade. Oh and the 48 hr ban I got for mentioning the unmentionable !!

Reactions: einwindir
I

have nearly 50 years of reality behind me Magnus, Sir. I will be here as a true blue long after some of the louder voices here have gotten bored.

Only reason I havent been around so much is Xmas and New Year are the busiest times of year in my trade. Oh and the 48 hr ban I got for mentioning the unmentionable !!
What was it you mentioned? ;)

The name of another forum,
I was trying to keep my council on here with a complete idiot who was showing no respect to me, my countrymen, and my club, and was trying to respect those people who did not want to see the result of an infight, so I tried to take him outside of this arena to put him straight.

I have learned my lesson, that's me done trying to do things according to the COC...... in future I will just report every post I disagree with.... . :eek:

I

Does anyone really care if MrE is true blue? I mean besides MrE.

It's not an assumption, multiple journalists have written about the contract being with MCFC and having a break clause which was removed. This is why they were able to extend outside of the transfer window. Even the official statement from the club does not refer to it as a loan deal, it simply says they have extended his contract. http://www.mcfc.com/News/Team-news/2014/December/Club-statement-Frank-Lampard

Maybe take a little time to read up on the situation before you make such self-assured statements.

Believe me he will have read up on Everything.
Never believe any journalist. They have no inside information or access to contracts.

My assumption was back when this was first mooted and I do not take what journalists say as read. Journalists are there to sell stories, not report the truth and as they all tend to re-report what has already been said by somebody else.

This is a unique situation and we can all quote parts of the website. Have a look at http://www.mcfc.com/Teams/First-team/Midfielders/Frank-Lampard where it categorically states that Frank joined the NYCFC on 24 July 2014.

You can also look at your own MLS website NYCFC.com which still shows Frank as a player.

Mind you the biggest thing you miss is the actual view of my post which is why some of you wish to force a player, who has shown a desire to do something in his own league after being given an opportunity, to come and give a performance that his heart may not have been in it.

Nobody has yet answered that question. Do you want a player to have come whilst wishing he was still in England playing in a possible championship winning team or has he made a decision which will ultimately benefit both clubs.

No. He can stay in Manchester. The man's heart is not in it. We should move on and find someone who wants to wear our crest and represent this club.
And for the millionth fucking time.
IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT FRANK.

Well said BxLio91, At City over the years we have had many players who have played for us who had no interest in being at the club. Over the last few years we have had some we have struggled to move on as they were on wages that weren't justified and they would rather sit on the bench or put in a dispirited performance. At the moment we do not seem to have any of them left and all our players now play for the shirt and it shows.

I am not saying for one minute Frank would do either of those things but I wouldn't want a player to come until he was ready. From what I have read and from my understanding of the situation Frank was really happy to have signed for NYCFC but the Man City short term loan contract was to good an opportunity to miss and he has surprised even himself in how much he is enjoying the role he is playing.

People are getting hung-up on the word contract. When you loan a player that is done under a contract and it is this loan contract which has been extended as far as I can tell.

Unless the clubs come clean, I cannot tell one way or the other.

Things tend to point to him having a short term contract at Man City (perhaps with CFG)
I thought we were paying his wages and he was on loan from New York.

Perhaps it was the other way. We owned his contract and were going to loan him to New York (MLS)

This would make sense because it would give MCFC an incoming revenue stream on a player that cost nothing. By charging NYCFC "market rate" we would have got his earnings plus his early (MCFC) season earnings back hence having a player for half a season literally costing MCFC nothing.

Was it some kind of Pre Contract he signed with the MLS / NYCFC with "get out" clauses.....

Truth be told it is all speculation until someone comes out and tells the fans of both clubs the actual truth.

I suspect we are waiting for Franks Autobiography.

Well said BxLio91, At City over the years we have had many players who have played for us who had no interest in being at the club. Over the last few years we have had some we have struggled to move on as they were on wages that weren't justified and they would rather sit on the bench or put in a dispirited performance. At the moment we do not seem to have any of them left and all our players now play for the shirt and it shows.

I am not saying for one minute Frank would do either of those things but I wouldn't want a player to come until he was ready. From what I have read and from my understanding of the situation Frank was really happy to have signed for NYCFC but the Man City short term loan contract was to good an opportunity to miss and he has surprised even himself in how much he is enjoying the role he is playing.

People are getting hung-up on the word contract. When you loan a player that is done under a contract and it is this loan contract which has been extended as far as I can tell.

I think you have misunderstood BxLio91, He wants Frank to stay in Manchester period. Even if Frank is ever ready to come to New York, he can stay in Manchester, he is simply not trusted. Remember when Geoff Thomas said he was a Man City fan as a boy and when he drove up from London to Manchester and as he passes Birmingham, he some how managed to sign for Wolves? We said fuck him, we never want to see him again. This is how these guys feel.

Throw in what Ferran said about it not being a marketing trick and the club would have its own say and also having a shirt competition in which you could design a shirt, forgetting to say it can be any colour as long as it is Man City blue and the case begins to gain weight that someone, somewhere is being..... economical with the truth. May all seem petty individually but slowly it is growing to appear that is is something it is not.

I think you have misunderstood BxLio91, He wants Frank to stay in Manchester period. Even if Frank is ever ready to come to New York, he can stay in Manchester, he is simply not trusted. Remember when Geoff Thomas said he was a Man City fan as a boy and when he drove up from London to Manchester and as he passes Birmingham, he some how managed to sigh for Wolves? We said fuck him, we never want to see him again. This is how these guys feel.

The Like is for the above

Throw in what Ferran said about it not being a marketing trick and the club would have its own say and also having a shirt competition in which you could design a shirt, forgetting to say it can be any colour as long as it is Man City blue and the case begins to gain weight that someone, somewhere is being..... economical with the truth. May all seem petty individually but slowly it is growing to appear that is is something it is not.

Did Ferran actually say design a shirt or design the shirt.... Its the old marketing trick to keep interest and get it to grow.
In one guise or another the NEW YORK FRANCHISE was purchased to grow a Brand.
Brand Recognition comes into that

Why the hell would someone growing a brand want to play in a kit that is in any way similar to a kit used by a competitor somewhere else in the world.
For example if NYCFC had a kit similar to Barcelona's then if someone from the NYC fanbase sees something relating to Barcelona the subconcious says "hey, thats like my team" and affection for the competitior can grow.

WE ARE CITYZENS - a tagline used in Manchester - New York - and Melbourne.... Part of the recognition process

Yes New York now have a football club, but the Kit issue is a non issue, except to those fans trying to justify there allegiance to something else.

I think every fan who recognises this (or previously had an allegiance to MCFC) should "write to the rep" and tell them what a great job the club has done in maintaining brand awareness.

New York has a football club that should have some local autonomy (hence I think the Lampard situation has been really badly handled), but support should be given to the international branding.

When any other major brand changes its look in New York, because it feels New Yorkers deserve something "Special or Different" then come back and argue the point. They wont because of the backlash everywhere else (and everywhere else adds up to much bigger than New York)

I am fine with the branding. I think we are going to be seeing more MCFC/NYCFC type relationships in the future but as of today it is working poorly for NYCFC. I am concerened with the football. The NYCFC coaches and players know Lampard doesnt want to be here now and that isnt going to change this summer unless he has such a poor run of form that Pellligrini doesnt want him any more. Despite all his skill, Lampard isnt going to be a good fit for the team and for Kreis if he doesnt want to be here but I dont have faith that management is going to give Kreis the freedom to remove Lampard from his plans for the team because of factors other than the quality of the team during the 2015 season (PR, etc) I hope they prove me wrong.

You cannot really say it is working poorly now over one decision. I have also not read anywhere credible where Lampard has said he doesn't want to come to New York.

NYCFC have been kept involved at all times with the CFA, all the way through the construction and building and next month in preperation for the start of your season your squad will spend 10 days training and playing at the stadium. This is a commitment made to assist and a lot of Mancs are looking forward to seeing the team come across. I have seen a lot on here about trying to attract the US fan to MCFC but it goes both ways, attracting the established MCFC fan to NYCFC and the MLS.

You cannot really say it is working poorly now over one decision. I have also not read anywhere credible where Lampard has said he doesn't want to come to New York.

NYCFC have been kept involved at all times with the CFA, all the way through the construction and building and next month in preperation for the start of your season your squad will spend 10 days training and playing at the stadium. This is a commitment made to assist and a lot of Mancs are looking forward to seeing the team come across. I have seen a lot on here about trying to attract the US fan to MCFC but it goes both ways, attracting the established MCFC fan to NYCFC and the MLS.

Actions speak much louder than words.

I am although I didn't say by the look on his face, I said by his reaction. His reaction was different, much stronger than it has been for his previous goals although I am not sure he really needed to kiss the badge, he has also for the last two games made a point of ensuring he claps the fans at full time.

You are such an ass, A fat headed and small helmet ass at that. You are the same dick that said you could tell FL wanted to stay by the look of his face after scoring a goal for mcfc.
Northern, don't give them what they want. Just use the ignore list. It's a national pastime to wind people up over there. The females are worse.

Reactions: Kjbert
Its humorous to keep reading the ManCity fans posting things like calm down "Lampard will be in MLS by the summer" and the like. Its very similar to all the MC fans who told us to calm down and "Lampard will be in MLS by March 8th". Where are those guys now?
Add to that the fact that most of us don't even want him here in the summer. It's an absolutely crap idea to tie up that Designated Player spot for a jackass who:

1. Doesn't want to be here and calls going to the club he signed for (edit: or at least pretended to sign for) "getting shipped off"
  2. Clearly has never thought much of the city of New York
  3. Will get injured within the first couple months as a 37 year old who hasn't gotten a break in a couple years.
Let him leave. He was one of my lifelong favorites at Chelsea, but I have zero interest now in cheering for him - in any uniform.

Last edited: