Mp: "i Don't Know If He'll Be There Next Season."

Sorry ment as a reponse

Its all about $ and as soon as MLS is strong enough for the smaller market teams to survive the cap will be raised so that US teams can go after the best players.
Top players now don't go to the UK for the quality of your dental care, sunny weather or watercress sandwiches.
They go because you pay more. when we pay more they will come here.

for that to happen soccer would have to be your 3rd most popular sport, I can't see it overtaking basketball any time soon but we'll see.

I really wish I had a dime for every time a MC fan has come here saying "that's the worst, least reliable paper in the Uk, FL will be going to NYCFC at .... "

Had to be 4 or 5 different posters, at least, saying literally word for word the same thing about Feb/March before MCFC dropped the bomb....

I'm not actually a MC fan, the loan extension to the end of the season was reporting all over the place, it wasn't coming from just one, totally unreliable paper like this rumour is. I'm pretty sure Lampard will be at NY after the end of the PL season.

for that to happen soccer would have to be your 3rd most popular sport, I can't see it overtaking basketball any time soon but we'll see.

We are a really big country About 400 million and growing. most of that growth is from central and south america both of which are soccer crazy. does not need to overtake anything -just grow

We are about 312 million, and growing, but our league is USA + Canada which is about 340 or 350 million combined.

Reactions: Kjbert
Its humorous to keep reading the ManCity fans posting things like calm down "Lampard will be in MLS by the summer" and the like. Its very similar to all the MC fans who told us to calm down and "Lampard will be in MLS by March 8th". Where are those guys now?

It'll be really interesting if they extend his contract to next year if he comes with MCFC in the summer....

Imagine the response then. :D

The truth is, nobody knows when he will be in the US. It isn't as cut & dried as everybody is trying to make out. Lampard was and is signed for NYCFC and is loaned to Man City. That has been extended as the player and both clubs via the parent company came to an agreement. That agreement now runs to the end of the EPL season.

At that point he is obliged to return to the MLS to play for NYCFC. I would fully expect that he will have negotiated into that contract a break of a few weeks in order that his body can cope. I would also expect that he may be asked to further extend his stay at MCFC but that will be performance related as this extension was.

Nobody is officially saying anything different as far as I can tell and I certainly do not see the club writing him out and the link you have shown is working. I am not sure why you are not getting to it. One player does not make a club and however dis-appointed you may be this should not be over-shadowing the great strides that they have made in getting this project off the ground.

Reactions: tonyblue
The truth is, nobody knows when he will be in the US. It isn't as cut & dried as everybody is trying to make out. Lampard was and is signed for NYCFC and is loaned to Man City. That has been extended as the player and both clubs via the parent company came to an agreement. That agreement now runs to the end of the EPL season.

At that point he is obliged to return to the MLS to play for NYCFC. I would fully expect that he will have negotiated into that contract a break of a few weeks in order that his body can cope. I would also expect that he may be asked to further extend his stay at MCFC but that will be performance related as this extension was.

Nobody is officially saying anything different as far as I can tell and I certainly do not see the club writing him out and the link you have shown is working. I am not sure why you are not getting to it. One player does not make a club and however dis-appointed you may be this should not be over-shadowing the great strides that they have made in getting this project off the ground.

In September MLS released the salaries of all MLS players including Kaka in Orlando and David Villa in NYCFC. Lampard was't on the list. Nobody thought too much about it and figured it must be an oversight. Now it is clear that Lampard wasn't on the list because he wasn't contracted to MLS at the time, he was contracted to Man City. That contract was either extended to the end of the season or it always ran until the end of the season and had some sort of December 31st release clause that wasn't exercised. Why do you think the situation is going to be any different in May or June than it is now? If (When) Man City is playing Champions League and Pellegrini has plans for Lampard to play a significant role in 2015-2016 why would he walk away and play for NYCFC in June instead of now.

I agree that one player doesn't make a club but for months everyone thought Lampard was 50% of the team (Lampard and Villa) which makes what happened that much more ridiculous. There is a big hole in our opening day lineup and the January transfer window is a terrible time to try to get players to MLS who are of the quality and prestige as Lampard. The last week has been a huge stride backward for NYCFC.

They should cut their losses with Lampard and all this confusion. If they want another midfielder like lamps go after Gerrard, but other than that those Rossi rumors are interesting!

Reactions: Kjbert and Sabo
It doesn't even need to be the #1 sport.

The EPL is in a battle for 4th with the NHL when it comes to revenue.

The NBA, the NFL and MLB all run rings around the world's wealthiest soccer league -- and they don't even sell their jerseys to betting websites and arab airlines.

The ironic thing is that you run a country that is the size of a continent with one top league (in all sports)

American Football, only you play so your World Series is really the American Series, no one else is interested
Baseball is again a mainly American sport.

Nothing wrong in having your national sports but you compare apples with beef steaks.

Now Soccer, Bearing in mind the EPL covers an area hardly as big as one of your states then the revenue is huge. To compare like with like now start adding the rest of the European Countries League revenue, cup revenues, Champions League revenues and you will understand what the realistic starting point of the MLS is. It is pennies in real terms.

For the size of area that the States covers you need to get to the stage where there is a league in every state and the MLS is your version of Champions League to even start to come close.

I do remember it being mentioned on here at the time about Lampard not being on the MLS Salary list but put this down to Lampard being loaned out so NYCFC were not paying his salary at the time. I do not tie up this extension as an automatic assumption that Lampard is not signed to NYCFC.

You are quite right in that as I say if Lampard is still playing well and MCFC still feel they need to hold onto him then they will make him another offer and he may agree to stay or he may agree that the time is right to move across. I would much rather have a player 100% commited than a player gong through his contractual motions.

Allthough you see it as a huge stride backward for NYCFC the team is in the earliest part of it's development and there will be a number of set-backs over the first few years, all will be dealt with by the club and the owners as they come up and will make you a much stronger force within MLS.

That is the other point. With the January transfer window now open the time is now right to look for pickings across Europe for your DP spots. I don't particularly think the timing is bad for this to have happened. I might be wrong as I have not followed many of the transfers across to the US but there will be a number of good solid players available across Europe who could be enticed to the revolution within the MLS.

Someday CFG will shift its money and powerbase to NYC. Its a metro area thats relatively 10 times larger than Manchester where they can be number 1 in the market, in a sport that is growing geometrically in a much larger, wealthier country. Someday.

My god, that is some mistake the suits have made,

By your rational they should have bought a team in Russia, Cananda, or even Antartica.

Size isn't everything, surely someone has told you that

The ironic thing is that you run a country that is the size of a continent with one top league (in all sports)

American Football, only you play so your World Series is really the American Series, no one else is interested
Baseball is again a mainly American sport.

Nothing wrong in having your national sports but you compare apples with beef steaks.

Now Soccer, Bearing in mind the EPL covers an area hardly as big as one of your states then the revenue is huge. To compare like with like now start adding the rest of the European Countries League revenue, cup revenues, Champions League revenues and you will understand what the realistic starting point of the MLS is. It is pennies in real terms.

For the size of area that the States covers you need to get to the stage where there is a league in every state and the MLS is your version of Champions League to even start to come close.
If you honestly believe that nobody outside of the United States cares about baseball you are sadly mistaken. Baseball is the single most popular sport in North America (Could be debated in US) and East Asia. It has also gained a surprising amount of support from the Netherlands and the nordic countries.

If you honestly believe that nobody outside of the United States cares about baseball you are sadly mistaken. Baseball is the single most popular sport in North America and East Asia. It has also gained a surprising amount of support from the Netherlands and the nordic countries.

I did say mainly in relation to baseball. For that reason.

I do remember it being mentioned on here at the time about Lampard not being on the MLS Salary list but put this down to Lampard being loaned out so NYCFC were not paying his salary at the time. I do not tie up this extension as an automatic assumption that Lampard is not signed to NYCFC.

You are quite right in that as I say if Lampard is still playing well and MCFC still feel they need to hold onto him then they will make him another offer and he may agree to stay or he may agree that the time is right to move across. I would much rather have a player 100% commited than a player gong through his contractual motions.

Allthough you see it as a huge stride backward for NYCFC the team is in the earliest part of it's development and there will be a number of set-backs over the first few years, all will be dealt with by the club and the owners as they come up and will make you a much stronger force within MLS.

It's not an assumption, multiple journalists have written about the contract being with MCFC and having a break clause which was removed. This is why they were able to extend outside of the transfer window. Even the official statement from the club does not refer to it as a loan deal, it simply says they have extended his contract. http://www.mcfc.com/News/Team-news/2014/December/Club-statement-Frank-Lampard

Maybe take a little time to read up on the situation before you make such self-assured statements.