New Man City Kit Revealed. A Sign Of Things To Come ?

plain%20shirt%20shot%20resized.ashx

Nice and clean. Dig it.

In my opinion, the only similarities this kit will have with NYCFC is the color. I think NYCFC knows that they need to create their own identity and brand, so they won't try to look like mini MC.

Yeah, this isn't much of a departure from City's last kit. The only changes are the white and blue striped collar/sleeve have been changed to a solid dark blue, plus the v thing at the neck.

Still, Nike has given the CFG family some pretty good kit designs (although judging by the leaks that might change with the MCFC away kit). It's important to note that NYCFC will be Adidas, so the template will be different.

And in my opinion, Adidas makes the best looking kits of all. I expect something better than this MC kit.

Reactions: Metropolis
Haha, but color aside, the design of the kit itself is top notch.

Yeah, those are probably the kits they give to the interns to design. I do love Argentina's. My favorite of the World Cup.

And in my opinion, Adidas makes the best looking kits of all. I expect something better than this MC kit.
I don't like Adidas. Wish the league would switch to Nike. I love their work with unis like Arsenal. So clean and iconic.

Maybe now that they don't have ManU or Arsenal, and with the WC doing so well in America, maybe it will be a priority to take MLS?

I don't like Adidas. Wish the league would switch to Nike. I love their work with unis like Arsenal. So clean and iconic.

Maybe now that they don't have ManU or Arsenal, and with the WC doing so well in America, maybe it will be a priority to take MLS?

MLS deal runs through 2018. I'm a little curious about what Nike is doing. I think MCFC is going to be one of the last EPL teams to have Nike, esp among the contenders. Everton is Umbro, Tottenham is under Armor, Arsenal is Puma, MUFC will be Adidas, Chelsea is Adidas and LFC gets its kit designs from a 5 year tripping out on Ectasy.

I'll be shocked if sky blue is the home jersey color. I expect it to be NY blue as the primary color with orange and or sky blue accents.

I won't be shocked if the away jersey is very familiar to a certain city in England as the Melbourne aways look mighty familiar.

Let me just add, I think Adidas has done pretty good with MLS but their insistence on those damn obnoxious 3 stripes on everything is annoying. Especially in a league where everyone has Adidas. Its way too vivid of a design element.

I'll be shocked if sky blue is the home jersey color. I expect it to be NY blue as the primary color with orange and or sky blue accents.

I won't be shocked if the away jersey is very familiar to a certain city in England as the Melbourne aways look mighty familiar.

Let me just add, I think Adidas has done pretty good with MLS but their insistence on those damn obnoxious 3 stripes on everything is annoying. Especially in a league where everyone has Adidas. Its way too vivid of a design element.

Totally agree. It's one thing to have your logo plastered over everything; it's another thing when it becomes a feature of the design. Too often all I can see are "adidas shoulder stripes" when I watch a match.

Well, actually I agree about Adidas but not the NY blue as the home kit color. There's more dark blue home kits in MLS than sky blue not to mention the sky blue is probably one of the few things that would visually connect MCFC with NYCFC. The kit will be sky blue; most of the coloring being used by the club is sky blue. Not to mention a lighter home kit is a blessing in MLS with the frequent very hot games.

Home kit is almost certainly sky blue with NY blue accents on the adidas shoulders.

Oh man, that's what I love most about Adidas jerseys, those 3 stripes. I think they look so great and make the jerseys look like a sports jersey and not just a plain shirt.

Oh man, that's what I love most about Adidas jerseys, those 3 stripes. I think they look so great and make the jerseys look like a sports jersey and not just a plain shirt.

Yeah but you have to design around those stripes. It becomes by necessity a plain boring shirt because you have to a different colored stripe on the shoulder.