New Nycfc Stadium Site Study - Long Island City / Sunnyside Yards

:(:(:(:(:(:rolleyes:
I feel it would be a disservice if I didn't post this. I work for a major consulting firm in NYC and we are working on the Sunnyside Yard redevelopment in addition to another group within the company working on protecting Amtrack's interests. The two groups obviously cannot discuss both projects due to the conflict of interest. That being said, that area will not be where a stadium will ever reside. Try building foundations in an area underlain with a multitude of train tracks. Additionally, this area is the site of a major construction project known as East Side Access, which is no where near completion (6-7 more years).

In short, I don't think this is where the stadium will be - if anything is built here it will be housing due to the high value they will carry.

Thank you for the true time frame for the East Side Access. And for killing our dreams :*(

I feel it would be a disservice if I didn't post this. I work for a major consulting firm in NYC and we are working on the Sunnyside Yard redevelopment in addition to another group within the company working on protecting Amtrack's interests. The two groups obviously cannot discuss both projects due to the conflict of interest. That being said, that area will not be where a stadium will ever reside. Try building foundations in an area underlain with a multitude of train tracks. Additionally, this area is the site of a major construction project known as East Side Access, which is no where near completion (6-7 more years).

In short, I don't think this is where the stadium will be - if anything is built here it will be housing due to the high value they will carry.

Yes, thank you for your input. Considering your experience / field, do you personally think there is any chance at getting a new stadium approved in the 5 boroughs? And if so, what is a realistic time frame considering all of the legislative red tape we'd have to cut through?

If you were working on behalf of "Amtrack" surely you could spell the company's name correctly.

I feel it would be a disservice if I didn't post this. I work for a major consulting firm in NYC and we are working on the Sunnyside Yard redevelopment in addition to another group within the company working on protecting Amtrack's interests.

I jogged through the Bronx Terminal Market area yesterday. What a perfect location that would have made; on the river, near Yankee Stadium, next to a parkway, with MTA North and Subway connections, and an easy walk from Manhattan. There's still room next to the 145th St Bridge but someone said that's already being developed, though there are no signs of it.

I jogged through the Bronx Terminal Market area yesterday. What a perfect location that would have made; on the river, near Yankee Stadium, next to a parkway, with MTA North and Subway connections, and an easy walk from Manhattan. There's still room next to the 145th St Bridge but someone said that's already being developed, though there are no signs of it.

Isn't that where the Fulton Fish Market is now?