NYCFC Confirm Departure of PV. Nice Confirm Arrival of PV as Manager.

Grant Wahl has got to stop the unsubstantiated pondering - what makes him think Kompany would make a good coach and what makes him think NYCFC would want him? Has he even picked up any coaching badges?
He spent a lot of time with him for his new book.

Also, Kompany is widely regarded as being an extremely cerebral player who has a great depth of knowledge of the game.

As for any of the rest of it, I don’t know, nor do I have an opinion as to how he would do as a manager in the immediate future. I think long term, I could see him being a good one.

Not bothered at all by Vieira leaving
Not bothered by the timing regardless, but leaving now gives plenty of time for a new boss to work things out before the playoffs. I’m excited to see how we set up under a new manager

Hopefully NYCFC can replace VIera with Guillermo Barros Schelotto head coach of Boca Juniors and former MLS MVP for the Crew. This would be a great choice and would give NYCFC a pipeline to the best players in South America.
I wonder how important continuity is for CFG in staying the course when we're arguably the favorite to win the league this year. I'd hate to see the season be all for not bringing in a coach who has the wrong players for his system while we are cruising.

I wonder how important continuity is for CFG in staying the course when we're arguably the favorite to win the league this year. I'd hate to see the season be all for not bringing in a coach who has the wrong players for his system while we are cruising.

I highly doubt the new manager would be hired if they want to make drastic changes in play style. Which is part of the reason I'm not freaking out. We might lose Reyna to the USMNT GM position too though, which might disrupt our summer transfer window.

I too would love to see them chase Schelotto or Bielsa and give them nearly full power. Then bring in a new GM/cap guru to primarily advise.

I highly doubt the new manager would be hired if they want to make drastic changes in play style. Which is part of the reason I'm not freaking out. We might lose Reyna to the USMNT GM position too though, which might disrupt our summer transfer window.

I too would love to see them chase Schelotto or Bielsa and give them nearly full power. Then bring in a new GM/cap guru to primarily advise.

Bielsa is a great coach but he is unstable take a look at how many jobs he took over and quit/fired in a short period of time. I think as just a coach Bielsa is far superior to Viera but not sure if he has the right make up for NYC. I love Scheletto he would bring a great style of play and flexibility to our style of play which is something Viera is not capable of right now.

The greatest coup ever recorded is happening right now with Lewis covertly orchestrating a French club signing away Vieira leaving him able to walk out of the doghouse a free man under a new regime. He was always resigned to the long con....

The greatest coup ever recorded is happening right now with Lewis covertly orchestrating a French club signing away Vieira leaving him able to walk out of the doghouse a free man under a new regime. He was always resigned to the long con....
He's gonna have a real dilemma on his hands if he gets elected to Congress as well, though the Machiavellian streak you refer to will serve him well in either line of work.

Hopefully NYCFC can replace VIera with Guillermo Barros Schelotto head coach of Boca Juniors and former MLS MVP for the Crew. This would be a great choice and would give NYCFC a pipeline to the best players in South America.

Would be amazing if NYCFC could get GBS here. Would keep an exodus of talent from happening, plus can work with CFG to bring in more SA talent.

As long as we were properly compensated for him leaving, there's nothing we could do about it..

What do you mean by this? It's up to the club to decide what fair compensation is. He will not coach another team without an OK from NYCFC. They're not going to be assholes though, which is why we're even talking about this.

One thing to keep in mind is that CFG is well run and well prepared. They must have been anticipating this for a while, and all bets are that they have a plan in place to find a replacement. I think they will move quickly - whether it is elevating Lattanzio, bringing someone from Manchester, hiring outside the Club and/or MLS, bringing in an interim coach... regardless, they already know what they are going to do.