NYCFC Confirm Departure of PV. Nice Confirm Arrival of PV as Manager.

Imagine it. I’m pissed at his hypocrisy, double-speak, and willingness to break his contract after saying he wouldn’t.

i mean if anything its 6 months early....not like he just signed. its part of the issue with schedule conflicts.....this is the time people go for new seasons in europe and its dead in the middle of ours. only struggling teams facing relegation etc are looking for managers in December/January and PV is not taking that and who knows what options are if he were to wait summer 2019

We just won 4-0, that wasn’t a performance? And we just got crushed by Red Bull trying to play our way.

The PV (CFG really) style has yet to deliver in big games for us when we’ve needed it to. We have a very strong roster and many of them have been with us only since the beginning of last season or sooner. They are more than capable of adapting their style of play. If we hire a quality manager they’ll be building on or tweaking the system this year instead of replacing it.

MLS is a playoffs league. Anything can happen and we’re a long way from November. We could play better under a more experienced manager. Don’t see any reason to write the season off.

if its Bruce Arena....then yes id write it off

Reactions: LionNYC
i mean if anything its 6 months early....not like he just signed. its part of the issue with schedule conflicts.....this is the time people go for new seasons in europe and its dead in the middle of ours. only struggling teams facing relegation etc are looking for managers in December/January and PV is not taking that and who knows what options are if he were to wait summer 2019
What don’t you understand about having a signed contract? To break it down to its most simple terms, a contract protects the employee financially from being terminated prematurely, and it protects the company from having an employee wish to break the contract early. In this situation, the employee is not honoring the contract.

What don’t you understand about having a signed contract? To break it down to its most simple terms, a contract protects the employee financially from being terminated prematurely, and it protects the company from having an employee wish to break the contract early. In this situation, the employee is not honoring the contract.

lol ....contracts with players and managers get broken all the time in this sport...usually it get paid off ( villas boas comes to mind when he went to Chelsea) therefore there is something to compensate. this is NOTHING new at all. this is not an ordinary business,also, you can easily say both parties agreed to end the contract early and thats that. not harm no foul

and you REALLY think CFG is going to block PV? really? they can try to convince him but if his mind is made up ( and family is cool with it) then thats it. the alternative is then piss him off and in effect the team suffers and lose 2018 anyway

lol ....contracts with players and managers get broken all the time in this sport...usually it get paid off ( villas boas comes to mind when he went to Chelsea) therefore there is something to compensate. this is NOTHING new at all. this is not an ordinary business,also, you can easily say both parties agreed to end the contract early and thats that. not harm no foul

and you REALLY think CFG is going to block PV? really? they can try to convince him but if his mind is made up ( and family is cool with it) then thats it. the alternative is then piss him off and in effect the team suffers and lose 2018 anyway
Correct, it’s not new, but it’s coming from a manager that demanded 100% dedication from his players or they were frozen out, and the same manager has gone on the record many times saying he intends to see out his contract. He knew what he signed when he signed it. He also knows what he was quoted as saying. For his conduct to abide by different parameters than his players is hypocritical and unprofessional. I’d have more respect for him if he admitted from day 1 that NYCFC was a stepping stone and he’d take the first opportunity that came along, because at least then, he’d make it clear what his intentions were, but as it is, he’s not a man of honor no matter how he now tries to spin it.

Correct, it’s not new, but it’s coming from a manager that demanded 100% dedication from his players or they were frozen out, and the same manager has gone on the record many times saying he intends to see out his contract. He knew what he signed when he signed it. He also knows what he was quoted as saying. For his conduct to abide by different parameters than his players is hypocritical and unprofessional. I’d have more respect for him if he admitted from day 1 that NYCFC was a stepping stone and he’d take the first opportunity that came along, because at least then, he’d make it clear what his intentions were, but as it is, he’s not a man of honor no matter how he now try’s to spin it.

man then you must not respect anyone in this game...plenty of people (players/ managers) say they intend to see out their contracts and then they dont ( the exception being fired of course) opportunities pop up and if people see fit they will want to pursue.

look i get you are salty about this...but seeing this game for decades nothing new...im more focused now on seeing that FO get e proper replacement and not Bruce Arena. its done with PV it seems.

still Patrick Vieira >>> Kreis no matter how PV leaves.

oh and for the stepping stone? is that not already established? harrison, our loans from Man City, even mata said it was a club to come to with europe in mind due to its link with CFG

man then you must not respect anyone in this game...plenty of people (players/ managers) say they intend to see out their contracts and then they dont ( the exception being fired of course) opportunities pop up and if people see fit they will want to pursue.

look i get you are salty about this...but seeing this game for decades nothing new...im more focused now on seeing that FO get e proper replacement and not Bruce Arena. its done with PV it seems.

still Patrick Vieira >>> Kreis no matter how PV leaves.

oh and for the stepping stone? is that not already established? harrison, our loans from Man City, even mata said it was a club to come to with europe in mind due to its link with CFG
On the contrary, I have no problem with the players that do this - they aren’t acting hypocritical. But by all means, please continue to ignore the point that I’ve repeatedly stressed that Vieira holds his players to a different standard than himself - if CFG held him to the same policy, they’d refuse to let him leave while paying him to do nothing simply to make a point that he’s not special and above the good of the team.

On the contrary, I have no problem with the players that do this - they aren’t acting hypocritical. But by all means, please continue to ignore the point that I’ve repeatedly stressed that Vieira holds his players to a different standard than himself - if CFG held him to the same policy, they’d refuse to let him leave while paying him to do nothing simply to make a point that he’s not special and above the good of the team.

what ? so many players internationally say they love their club and stay till end....then offer comes in they take it then fan bases turn on them saying he is in it for the money only and lied etc etc. Both managers and players take the chances they get to further their careers and provide for families. pretty so moves like this dont bother me when he made up his mind and only 6 months to go. ( again, im sure he would of liked to leave at season end but due to our conflicting schedules thats not possible)

and for owners its probably different rules for managers than players, from their view even its easier to let a manger go than a player since you know....players play.

again, if you force him to stay you fuck everything up and then we are probably worse off. PV wont give a fuck and give bad lineups and then we lose 2018, lose lose. he loses opportunity and we lose the year. and if he leaves there is chance to keep 2018 alive with a correct appointment.

we can go on and on about this ....im not hurt by him leaving. i do fear the FO's next move though. maybe next manager can get us to playoffs and get a series win this time.

Reactions: adam and SoupInNYC
what ? so many players internationally say they love their club and stay till end....then offer comes in they take it then fan bases turn on them saying he is in it for the money only and lied etc etc. Both managers and players take the chances they get to further their careers and provide for families. pretty so moves like this dont bother me when he made up his mind and only 6 months to go. ( again, im sure he would of liked to leave at season end but due to our conflicting schedules thats not possible)

and for owners its probably different rules for managers than players, from their view even its easier to let a manger go than a player since you know....players play.

again, if you force him to stay you fuck everything up and then we are probably worse off. PV wont give a fuck and give bad lineups and then we lose 2018, lose lose. he loses opportunity and we lose the year. and if he leaves there is chance to keep 2018 alive with a correct appointment.

we can go on and on about this ....im not hurt by him leaving. i do fear the FO's next move though. maybe next manager can get us to playoffs and get a series win this time.
You really didn't read what I wrote, did you?

I'll summarize for you: considering PV isn't playing by the same rules he's dictated to his players, I'd have a good chuckle if CFG told him to sit back down and don't bother coming into the office for the next 6 months and not to worry because his paycheck will be direct-deposited.

You really didn't read what I wrote, did you?

I'll summarize for you: considering PV isn't playing by the same rules he's dictated to his players, I'd have a good chuckle if CFG told him to sit back down and don't bother coming into the office for the next 6 months and not to worry because his paycheck will be direct-deposited.

again...mess everything up ? you do that then players loyal to PV see that as a slap to the face ( except lewis maybe) and then they wont respond to who ever is in interim for the next 6 months while PV is in the dog house "seeing out his contract" and not coaching them. pretty sure they would be more than ok with PV leaving on good terms now than him being punished by staying and then get coached someone else in retaliation. You telling me villa would be happy in seeing PV in that forced situation, its the Kresi situation again for the next 6 months

again...mess everything up ? you do that then players loyal to PV see that as a slap to the face ( except lewis maybe) and then they wont respond to who ever is in interim for the next 6 months while PV is in the dog house "seeing out his contract" and not coaching them. pretty sure they would be more than ok with PV leaving on good terms now than him being punished by staying and then get coached someone else in retaliation. You telling me villa would be happy in seeing PV in that forced situation, its the Kresi situation again for the next 6 months
You’re assuming the players are supportive of the past month’s secretive negotiations, media reports, and perhaps less than focused manager that blamed them entirely for the RB fiasco....

Good people will always want others to succeed, but hypocrisy rubs the wrong way and changes impressions.

It is totally reasonable based on how the American and European schedule works for our talent (players and coaches) to be poached mid-season. It's just a fact of life in the world football ecosystem.

If the option is between some MLS lifer like Bruce Arena, Jason Kries, Sigi Schmid, etc. and a talented coach that will eventually leave for Europe, I will pick the talented coach every single time.

You need to think long-term about this. If the talented coach doesn't leave midseason, he will have to wait 9 months (Dec to Aug) before he can coach another meaningful game or slot into a bad midseason firing situation. Why would a future young talented coach come to NYC if we get byzantine with Vieria?