NYCFC Confirm Departure of PV. Nice Confirm Arrival of PV as Manager.

Tug of war. CFG reportedly fighting to keep Vieira:

Here is the article the tweet is based on.
https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football...ra-qui-veut-rejoindre-l-ogc-nice-1451347.html

As translated by google, it says CFG sees him as a Pep successor, but he's not willing to wait that out. It also says he and Nice are trying to negotiate a release without paying a fee.

Fuck that. You have a contract, if you want to leave, pay us. It’s the least you can do by walking out the door on your team (and your contract) in the middle of the season.

Also, how awkward would that be if he is announced the same day that they have a game? “well guys, I know you have a game tonight, good luck! I have to get on a plane to France!”

Tug of war. CFG reportedly fighting to keep Vieira:

Here is the article the tweet is based on.
https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football...ra-qui-veut-rejoindre-l-ogc-nice-1451347.html

As translated by google, it says CFG sees him as a Pep successor, but he's not willing to wait that out. It also says he and Nice are trying to negotiate a release without paying a fee.
A: how the Fck did CFG let it get this far if they wanted to keep him??? They could have said no immediately.

B: how the Fck can Nice negotiate a release without paying a fee for a manager under contract in the middle of the season???? CFG can say no to that.

C: this is really fcked up at this point!!!

D: Lewis can not even believe this is moving as fast as it is.... <shining his cleats and singing George Michael’s Freedom>

Last edited:
Seems like this is just negotiating tactics. As if Man City can’t come poach him in 3 years if he’s the best person for the job? And Nice probably low-balled with no fee but will wind up paying a fee, id be surprised if PV had anything to do with that conversation.

Carlo Ancelotti, former manager of Juventus, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid, and Bayern, with Vieira at LAX. They just both happen to be at the same LAX terminal, on the same day, at the same time to get a picture?!?!?!

Ancelotti is also a professional caretaker who comes into a big club and steadies it when another manager flames out.

Ancelotti is also a professional caretaker who comes into a big club and steadies it when another manager flames out.

Or when one says au revoir midseason. Oh, I don't know whether to appreciate Vieira's ambition or hate him for leaving and not honoring his contract after he'd said he would.

Or when one says au revoir midseason. Oh, I don't know whether to appreciate Vieira's ambition or hate him for leaving and not honoring his contract after he'd said he would.
I’d salute him if not for his hypocrisy towards his players.

Situation is just a mess now, clearly affecting our performances. its frustrating because this year i think with a good addition in the summer we have the team to win the cup. We have spent the past 2 seasons building a team perfect for the style of play PV wants to play. Fair enough if he leaves after this year but to leave now mid-season is very disappointing.

The CFG can find us a good replacement manager, the problem is can they find us a manager who is good and will use the same style of play as PV did. The problem is that our whole squad is build around playing this way, no way we win the cup changing how we play mid-season.

Situation is just a mess now, clearly affecting our performances. its frustrating because this year i think with a good addition in the summer we have the team to win the cup. We have spent the past 2 seasons building a team perfect for the style of play PV wants to play. Fair enough if he leaves after this year but to leave now mid-season is very disappointing.

The CFG can find us a good replacement manager, the problem is can they find us a manager who is good and will use the same style of play as PV did. The problem is that our whole squad is build around playing this way, no way we win the cup changing how we play mid-season.

I was always under the impression that this is the way CFG wants to play -- wouldn't they want to install a coach that shares their philosophy?

We just won 4-0, that wasn’t a performance? And we just got crushed by Red Bull trying to play our way.

The PV (CFG really) style has yet to deliver in big games for us when we’ve needed it to. We have a very strong roster and many of them have been with us only since the beginning of last season or sooner. They are more than capable of adapting their style of play. If we hire a quality manager they’ll be building on or tweaking the system this year instead of replacing it.

MLS is a playoffs league. Anything can happen and we’re a long way from November. We could play better under a more experienced manager. Don’t see any reason to write the season off.