NYCFC Confirm Departure of PV. Nice Confirm Arrival of PV as Manager.

You’re assuming the players are supportive of the past month’s secretive negotiations, media reports, and perhaps less than focused manager that blamed them entirely for the RB fiasco....

Good people will always want others to succeed, but hypocrisy rubs the wrong way and changes impressions.

it was their fault too they know it, prep was bad AND they showed nothing to show any heart or hustle and were not in the game at all mistakes left and right. they cannot be pissed at being blamed here.

rumors, reports happen all the time ...you learn to ignore them ( or if you want to believe them sure) Hell, do you think Johnson is scared now with Joe Hart being "linked" to nycfc?

all of this is part of the game. What i will concede is by not having PV the recruitment will suffer badly going forward. but this was already an issue even if PV left at the end of 2018.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
It is totally reasonable based on how the American and European schedule works for our talent (players and coaches) to be poached mid-season. It's just a fact of life in the world football ecosystem.

If the option is between some MLS lifer like Bruce Arena, Jason Kries, Sigi Schmid, etc. and a talented coach that will eventually leave for Europe, I will pick the talented coach every single time.

You need to think long-term about this. If the talented coach doesn't leave midseason, he will have to wait 9 months (Dec to Aug) before he can coach another meaningful game or slot into a bad midseason firing situation. Why would a future young talented coach come to NYC if we get byzantine with Vieria?

Totally true, our calendar stinks, and even if it didn't, we could still get a guy poached by a team that made a managerial change mid-season.

As I've said before, CFG know what they're doing. We will be covered and have solid management to close out the season.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Totally true, our calendar stinks, and even if it didn't, we could still get a guy poached by a team that made a managerial change mid-season.

As I've said before, CFG know what they're doing. We will be covered and have solid management to close out the season.

i actually do prefer this being done this week. ....two games then then the two week break to work in what ever tweaks they need to make.....what sucks is that one of the games before break is against Atlanta but it is what it is at this point.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Happy for him and for MLS if he gets the job. Sad for us in the short term but our roster is too talented for us to not succeed as long as we get a mediocre or better replacement.

Situation is just a mess now, clearly affecting our performances. its frustrating because this year i think with a good addition in the summer we have the team to win the cup. We have spent the past 2 seasons building a team perfect for the style of play PV wants to play. Fair enough if he leaves after this year but to leave now mid-season is very disappointing.

The CFG can find us a good replacement manager, the problem is can they find us a manager who is good and will use the same style of play as PV did. The problem is that our whole squad is build around playing this way, no way we win the cup changing how we play mid-season.

Lol. We just won 4-0. Such a mess.

Lol. We just won 4-0. Such a mess.
What i meant was last game aside our performances have been much worse since the rumours started.

First it was Arsenal now it's Nice, if he wants to go then let him go now so we can get a new manager in asap. It's just a bit of a mess if we are kept waiting while PV continues to look for clubs in europe to manage.

I want a new manager with a strong cup/tournament record. Let’s assume the shield/CCL is done with and we will need time to adjust and get in rythem with the new manager. 22 games is plenty of time. Let’s also assume we won’t be blowing a 10 point lead from the 7th place team and make the playoffs, and we also have the USOC coming up. Let’s find a manager (at least as an interim) who has a real track record of helping teams to advance past where they were expected in cups.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I just want to make sure everyone realizes that NYCFC was on the hook for the balance of Kreis' contract after they fired him. They honored their obligation. There is no comparable way for a departed manager to honor their obligation, which is why CFG would require some compensation to let PV go.

If he puts pressure on CFG to let him go, the Fuck him. If he notified the club of interest, asked for permission to have conversations, and comes to an amicable agreement to leave the club, then good for him.

He does have a contract, but leaving a job midseason, despite the differing calendars, is just a shady thing to do without permission from CFG.

If we have a good replacement, I'm not too upset. It's good for the league and the clubs long term reputation, plus I just don't think PV is all that skilled of a manager to begin with.

I just want to make sure everyone realizes that NYCFC was on the hook for the balance of Kreis' contract after they fired him. They honored their obligation. There is no comparable way for a departed manager to honor their obligation, which is why CFG would require some compensation to let PV go.

We're still paying Jason Kreis to this day. This is the final season of sending him checks for $1M a season. Crazy.

Reactions: Kjbert
We're still paying Jason Kreis to this day. This is the final season of sending him checks for $1M a season. Crazy.
Don't coaches typically forfeit some or all of their salary once they take a new job?

Watching MLS Rewind, Taylor Twellman believes that Vieira will re-sign for two more years and then see what the situation is with Manchester City being the successor to Pep.