NYCFC In The Media Thread - 2016

Not a true media mention, but a shot of the logo made its way into a New York Magazine piece on Fifty Dives in NYC.

Attachments

• 1462867280910-1918214100.jpg
    1462867280910-1918214100.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 28
I'm seeing bus stop ads for the club advertising upcoming home matches, and the player photos featured on them are Villa, Pirlo and... Matarrita.
Very, very smart on their part. Take a look at all the photo albums on the NYCFC facebook page and check out the number of likes photos of Pirlo and Villa get.... then take a look at the posts and likes on the Mata pictures. Seriously, he gets 5-10x the response on social media (through the NYCFC page) than our most renowned stars. Ticos don't mess around.

I'm seeing bus stop ads for the club advertising upcoming home matches, and the player photos featured on them are Villa, Pirlo and... Matarrita.
They should stop this immediately. They are jinxing our most promising young player. Other players who have prominently featured in promotional material alongside Villa and Pirlo include Frank, Poku, Mix and Iraola. This is not a good trend.

They should stop this immediately. They are jinxing our most promising young player. Other players who have prominently featured in promotional material alongside Villa and Pirlo include Frank, Poku, Mix and Iraola. This is not a good trend.

really? i may have seen like two ads with him in it.

the online article doesn't show that pic

That sucks but not shocking. It was part of a two-page splash to intro the article, which itself was really just another 4 pages listing bars. Nothing fancy but still something that (a very small number of magazine subscribing) people will see.

PURCHASE, N.Y. – For the first time this season, Frank Lampard trained with the full team Wednesday morning and the New York City FC midfielder’s long-awaited 2016 debut may not be far away.

The veteran Designated Player has spent the first two months of the season rehabbing from a nagging calf injury.

Most of that work has been on the side, individual work with a trainer. But Wednesday, Lampard was finally integrated into the first team, albeit for about 30 minutes before working on finishing on his own.

“Frank had the first part of the training with the team today,” NYCFC coach Patrick Vieira said. “Regarding how the calf will react tomorrow [will decide if] he’ll do the full session. He’s getting close.”

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/05/12/nycfcs-frank-lampard-trains-full-team-jack-harrison-further

They are a bunch of D-bags at SI. Half the teams above NYCFC don't deserve to be there, especially if rankings are based on current form - NYCFC has the most points in the league over the last four games. Maybe they should suck on that and let it marinate for a bit....

And RB with 7 losses shouldn't even be in the conversation. Grant Wahl and co. are as weak as Lalas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene
Who is this Alexander Abnos and what is his connection to the NYRB? He reminds me of the guy on the WCBS/WFAN page who's an ex-employee of the Cosmos and shits out nothing but skittles and rainbows when it comes to them and the NASL.

I mean these rankings are meaningless and wells as subjective, but how do you rank the 8th place team higher than 5 others who are above them in the standings?

I don't care about the rankings. They're usually a popularity contest pendant on the biases of whomever's writing them. I just want the dubyas.