NYCFC In The Media Thread - 2016

That was such a wonderfucking amazing rant. Confused we don't have a "nickname" and about how to say David Villa, and called Red Bull Arena a cute little stadium in jersey... I say we got the less embarrassing end of the rant so I guess the only thing to take from that is #NYisBlue and #NJisRed

When he starts calling out nicknames he starts with Chargers and includes the Storm in there? The Storm? The Seattle Storm? He knows a WNBA team but not that NYCFC is just NYCFC? Looney.

Reactions: NYCFCfan and Kjbert
I have a feeling he actually knew and was just being a dick.
I have no doubt that he has no clue about NYCFC or who David Villa is. He is a know-it-all about the topics he cares about, but when he is uninterested in some sport, he doesn't pretend. He just doesn't know. Most Americans probably don't know who Villa, Lampard or Pirlo are even after they've been playing here a full year.

Well, two of them, at least.

In the end it turned into a great peice of advertising. NYCFC got thier money's worth. And bonus it probably pissed NJ fans off. I can't stand the guy, but this one worked out for us. Now watch that fat head take credit like he planned it all that way.

Reactions: Kjbert
He used to claim he knew nothing about hockey, but last year when the rangers were deep in the playoffs, he started pretending to know all about it, and was going to all the games.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
I love Francesca. It's a guilty pleasure. Outside of Stern, he's the best interviewer in the business.

if you get a chance, look up his interview from World Cup 2014. Classic line was something along the lines of "are there guys who kick with two feet?"

Fat Mike is who he is. You have to just laugh at him when he does ridiculous stuff like this, he really just doesn't care if it's not Baseball/Basketball/Football. He's an old school NY sports guy, but entertaining as hell for bits like this, and how he treats his callers.

Reactions: Kjbert
Good article, and interesting perspective.

It's uncanny though how they managed to so accurately describe me:

Young men with souls a little bigger and a little rougher than their bodies. Men who have wanted to brandish scarves aloft and sing. Men with glasses and expensive haircuts and Arsenal shirts they hope he’ll sign.
How did they know?

Alas, it's been quite a number of years since I've needed an expensive haircut. I do have glasses though.

Did anyone catch the men in blazers pod yesterday with Vieira and Dax?

http://meninblazers.com/2016/05/19/mibpodspec-mlsvieradax/

Vieira was interesting and all, but the Dax interview was brilliant. The guy is articulate and passionate and has really adopted the city, it's hard not to wish him all the best. Wish we had him (though not sure how we would work him in to our crowded midfield)

Having said that: hope he gets trampled tomorrow by the "wildebeest" and the "beautiful gazelle" lol