NYCFC In The Media Thread - 2016

This is actually a really nice article. Not sure where all the shade is coming from. Sure, it's from the perspective of a non-soccer fan, but it's very complimentary of the sport. It talks about how MLS is growing, praises the energetic atmosphere the fans create and said that Tex was wrong when he was worried the sports couldn't co-habitate in the House that Ruth Built. It also stated that the Yankees own 20% of the club, and I'm not sure we had seen that figure posted elsewhere.

And while he said that it seemed there was nobody over 50, this freshly minted 50-year-old didn't take offense (for one thing, I wasn't there).

I am not sure how many of you know who Bob Klapisch is but this article is exactly the type we want to see. He is a true and true old timer in what sense? He has been covering baseball for ages and know the Yankees very well. For him to say that he had a good time at the stadium watching soccer, and he can see how it works, and it will continue to work, that is a big deal. Then again, I think Bob is being smart. He knows this league will be a bigger part of the US sports landscape so he is getting a head start so to speak. However you have other old timers that refuse to adapt and see this change and are clinging to their baseball of yester-years.

He also said it seemed like there was nobody over 50.

I don't know if I should feel flattered or ignored.
Since you were sitting in the BE seats and wearing your Onion Jersey, he couldn't even focus on you from across the stadium.

"Why is it so blurry in that one area.... it's like a faint deep blue haze and.... wait... that looks like a beer cup moving up and down, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what's moving it....."

Last edited:
http://www.newsday.com/sports/socce...ew-england-revolution-mls-pictures-1.11621733

Newsday takes some nice pictures.

image.jpg

I know we like to talk about Poku "running over" the other team, but I didn't know he'd take that literally.

Last edited:
Hard to see home improvement in NYC FC’s Yankee Stadium makeover
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/mar/28/new-york-city-fc-yankee-stadium-mls

"Under normal circumstances a run of four home games within your first five matches as head coach would count as a favorable start but for Patrick Vieira it’s been more of a headache than an opportunity.

Not that Vieira has lacked imagination in dealing with one of his team’s most difficult opponents — the tight Yankee Stadium pitch. His 3-4-3, or 3-2-2-3 home formation has gamely tried to make virtue of necessity in imagining his side as a narrow, technically-proficient passing team gutting teams up the middle of the park."

Reactions: Amon
Hard to see home improvement in NYC FC’s Yankee Stadium makeover
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/mar/28/new-york-city-fc-yankee-stadium-mls

"Under normal circumstances a run of four home games within your first five matches as head coach would count as a favorable start but for Patrick Vieira it’s been more of a headache than an opportunity.

Not that Vieira has lacked imagination in dealing with one of his team’s most difficult opponents — the tight Yankee Stadium pitch. His 3-4-3, or 3-2-2-3 home formation has gamely tried to make virtue of necessity in imagining his side as a narrow, technically-proficient passing team gutting teams up the middle of the park."
I honestly feel like the narrow pitch at Yankee Stadium does affect us negatively. I've said it since last season. Something about us playing in a much narrow pitch just messes up our game.

I honestly feel like the narrow pitch at Yankee Stadium does affect us negatively. I've said it since last season. Something about us playing in a much narrow pitch just messes up our game.

I tend to agree too. Seems like people are cluttered closer together, which closes passing and shooting lanes.

im willing to give benefit of doubt to early season adjusting until we play more games away. if we start playing better away for the columbus and philly games then yes this becomes fact and thats bad for us.

Tommy McNamara is tonight's (Friday) guest on Sports on 1 on NY1 News at 11:35 pm.