NYCFC Sign Maxime Chanot

Any updates regarding Chanot? I may just be paranoid, but I'm gonna always have Teixeria's situation in the back of my mind..
Not yet, he had some medicals to finish yesterday. I'm not worried about it to be honest, hopefully we hear more information today, but the deal is done with the player, transfer fee agreed to between clubs as well, just needs to be signed off on by NYCFC.

The only issue I see is; they're probably waiting to get that international roster spot before making the move, I'm not sure how roster compliance works in MLS and if there would be a fine for it if he was signed before we had the spot. I'm sure as soon as that happens we'll hear it.

Reactions: Kjbert
Not yet, he had some medicals to finish yesterday. I'm not worried about it to be honest, hopefully we hear more information today, but the deal is done with the player, transfer fee agreed to between clubs as well, just needs to be signed off on by NYCFC.

The only issue I see is; they're probably waiting to get that international roster spot before making the move, I'm not sure how roster compliance works in MLS and if there would be a fine for it if he was signed before we had the spot. I'm sure as soon as that happens we'll hear it.
Worst case... A loan can be canceled at any time.

Worst case... A loan can be canceled at any time.
I honestly haven't the slightest clue how they're going to figure it out. There's lots of options for them, trading for a spot, releasing a player, ending Mendoza's loan (though that may carry with it financial penalties), even loaning a player out. The team is not open with this information to anyone, not just me, so I doubt we hear about it until it's done.

They might even announce it simultaneously.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Apparently only waiting on the results of the physical exam before it's done. So I'm guessing either NYCFC already made a move for an international roster spot and hasn't announced it or completely ignoring the roster rules.

Apparently only waiting on the results of the physical exam before it's done. So I'm guessing either NYCFC already made a move for an international roster spot and hasn't announced it or completely ignoring the roster rules.

Could be another 50k from their allocation money to buy one. There used to be a chart floating around that showed who still had unused international spots

Reactions: adam

Is there like an inactive roster or something where we can have signed Chanot put he's ineligible to play until we get an open international spot?

Reactions: Kjbert
Is there like an inactive roster or something where we can have signed Chanot put he's ineligible to play until we get an open international spot?
To be completely honest, I don't know. I recall early on in the season they had to acquire one for someone, I can't remember who, maybe Mendoza, and EoS reported that the team just happened to have one that no one knew about according to MLS.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
To be completely honest, I don't know. I recall early on in the season they had to acquire one for someone, I can't remember who, maybe Mendoza, and EoS reported that the team just happened to have one that no one knew about according to MLS.
And with that an MLS insider's kid comes home to a new SUV....