NYCFC Sign Maxime Chanot

1) Orlando had him on their discovery list?
2) No word on an international roster spot
3) Not that much TAM was used.

Reactions: Ulrich and Kjbert
So if TAM has been used, that means the Poku GAM is still intact (can't use both). Except, of course, for whatever we gave Orlando for their BS discovery claim.

Reactions: Kjbert
Loving this signing. Hopefully he can bring some leadership and stability to our back line.

I'm liking our FO's scouting efforts in the Belgian league. They have some good talent there and many view the MLS as a step up in competition. I hope we keep using Belgium to find talent.

How big can a discovery list be? I mean shit lets like submit a list: "everyone, everyone in the world" that way we can avoid paying other teams for nonsense "finds". Unless we actually did poach him off Orlando, that would make me happy, cause 50k isn't going to save their season.

Reactions: Ulrich and Kjbert
How big can a discovery list be? I mean shit lets like submit a list: "everyone, everyone in the world" that way we can avoid paying other teams for nonsense "finds". Unless we actually did poach him off Orlando, that would make me happy, cause 50k isn't going to save their season.

A club may have up to 10 discovery claims on unsigned players at any time and may remove or add players at any time.

Photo taken in Manchester. "Colours"

No. It says the "colours are navy blue & orange". It's NY, just has a graphic designer from Manchester with no concept of how Americans spell. But not the first time or last that Manchester is tone deaf to how things are perceived here.

Ned Grabavoy wore #11, now it's Jack Harrison.

Andrew Jacobson wore #4, now it's Maxime Chanot.

Players who wear old player numbers are considerable better than the player that previous wore them. Even look at Pirlo wearing Hernandez's 21.

You don't have to tell me this means little, I already know. But I like getting hyped, so here's some positive FIFA '16 data:

There are only six MLS defenders rated higher than Chanot, and only Ciman and Van Damme are rated more than one point higher.

Chanot (72 overall) is rated within one point of the following studly MLS defenders:

Matt Besler - 73
Kendall Waston - 73
Nuno André Coelho - 72
Matt Hedges - 71
Clarance Goodson - 71
Steve Birnbaum - 70

In comparison, Brillant, Mena, and Hernandez are rated 66 overall and in the middle 50's in MLS rank. In other words, they are clearly backups according to the list. Chanot should be a breath of fresh air back there.

I love mena, and would have loved to see him grow into the role, but this looks like a home run. Young, international player, athletic, supposedly comfortable with the ball. Really excited for this.

I wouldn't count Mena out yet, Chanot plays RB and CB. I think PV likes having size at that RB spot to help with set pieces. Wouldn't be surprised to see him slot into the role on the right side that Hernandez has played the last 2 games with Mena staying at CB.

Reactions: Ulrich
You don't have to tell me this means little, I already know. But I like getting hyped, so here's some positive FIFA '16 data:

There are only six MLS defenders rated higher than Chanot, and only Ciman and Van Damme are rated more than one point higher.

Chanot (72 overall) is rated within one point of the following studly MLS defenders:

Matt Besler - 73
Kendall Waston - 73
Nuno André Coelho - 72
Matt Hedges - 71
Clarance Goodson - 71
Steve Birnbaum - 70

In comparison, Brillant, Mena, and Hernandez are rated 66 overall and in the middle 50's in MLS rank. In other words, they are clearly backups according to the list. Chanot should be a breath of fresh air back there.

Now just imagine if we had a starting goalkeeper that didn't illicit so many "fucks" from fans during games.

I love mena, and would have loved to see him grow into the role, but this looks like a home run. Young, international player, athletic, supposedly comfortable with the ball. Really excited for this.
I hope this means Hernandez is gone for good. Maxime is the perfect age to become our backline stalwart. In any case, he's bound to be an upgrade over Hernandez, who is too expensive for what he offers. I'd rather keep Mena, Brillant & White (as last resort option) to go along with MC.